Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Membership Fault 10:54 - Jul 13 with 1038 viewsIP1Blue

Called up to see if previous points would be retrospectively be put on if you bought the membership and it was confirmed that ONLY gold card members of last year get this perk and NOT season ticket holders.

Season ticket holders last year who did not have gold cards can only start on a maximum of 5 which is what you get when you buy the membership.

Frustrating to say the least! This has got to be the biggest fault with this membership!!
Membership Fault on 10:55 - Jul 13 with 1005 viewsSitfcB

Only gold/silver/ultimate.

Got to be some sort of perk of having it last season I suppose.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Membership Fault on 11:01 - Jul 13 with 972 viewsIP1Blue

Membership Fault on 10:55 - Jul 13 by SitfcB

Only gold/silver/ultimate.

Got to be some sort of perk of having it last season I suppose.

They got the perks last year for £20 of priority games to the likes of Cambridge etc

Now because of that, for the price of £20 they’re going to basically be priority for QPR, Watford, Millwall and Norwich

Think it throws a lot of people under the bus!!
Membership Fault on 11:10 - Jul 13 with 902 viewsLankHenners

I do agree ST holders lose out quite a bit this year compared to last year but any new scheme was always going to make some people unhappy as just impossible to please everyone.

When you think of the number of ST holders as well then it's not a huge advantage if all of them/us are given extra points, though imo ST holder + membership should be higher up the priority list for buying tickets.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Membership Fault on 11:18 - Jul 13 with 859 viewsIP1Blue

Membership Fault on 11:10 - Jul 13 by LankHenners

I do agree ST holders lose out quite a bit this year compared to last year but any new scheme was always going to make some people unhappy as just impossible to please everyone.

When you think of the number of ST holders as well then it's not a huge advantage if all of them/us are given extra points, though imo ST holder + membership should be higher up the priority list for buying tickets.

I understand that people were going to miss out but I feel like this disadvantages a lot more people than it needs to do. I went to buy a gold card last January but was told I wasn’t allowed to get one at the time for whatever reason.

If the reported 5000 gold card members last year is even remotely close then I don’t see how any season ticket member this year who was not a gold card member will even remotely get close to qualifying for the likes of Norwich etc even if the non gold card member did less away games last year! Seems madness to me
Membership Fault on 11:25 - Jul 13 with 811 viewsCheshire_Tractor

Membership Fault on 11:01 - Jul 13 by IP1Blue

They got the perks last year for £20 of priority games to the likes of Cambridge etc

Now because of that, for the price of £20 they’re going to basically be priority for QPR, Watford, Millwall and Norwich

Think it throws a lot of people under the bus!!

Plus the they get the 5 point bump from having the membership last year
So if you went six away games, were a member last year and sign up you start on 16 points

If you went six away games, weren't a member last season and sign up you start on 5 points

Surely it would make sense to credit the away games and so you start on 11 points. Not as good as a member last year but not the same as 0 away games
Membership Fault on 11:55 - Jul 13 with 748 viewsLankHenners

Membership Fault on 11:18 - Jul 13 by IP1Blue

I understand that people were going to miss out but I feel like this disadvantages a lot more people than it needs to do. I went to buy a gold card last January but was told I wasn’t allowed to get one at the time for whatever reason.

If the reported 5000 gold card members last year is even remotely close then I don’t see how any season ticket member this year who was not a gold card member will even remotely get close to qualifying for the likes of Norwich etc even if the non gold card member did less away games last year! Seems madness to me

For me the main drawbacks for ST holders compared to last year are being shunted right down the priority list for buying away tickets and only being able to buy one additional ticket for home games.

The latter makes sense to a degree as for people who can't afford or don't need an ST would see the relatively small amount of tickets left available for general sale snapped up before they have a chance to buy them, but makes it a pain/near impossible for ST holders to bring family and friends along.

The former is just harsh imo - obviously the people who had a gold card and went to several away games deserve to retain the same level of priority but, going by the initial guidelines set by the club, any previous Gold Card holders have a whole week (at different stages) to buy tickets before ST holders get a chance rather than a couple of days like last year. You could also argue it seems a bit unfair that you could have gone to the same/more aways than a GC holder but because they paid an extra £20 they get a massive advantage over you for buying tickets.

Not sure it will ultimately be as big of a deal as made out as people will find ways round things and a lot of the bigger capacity grounds will still make general sale fairly comfortably. Wouldn't be surprised if there was some tweaking though as can see a fair bit of fuss being kicked up when people run into problems getting tickets for others or missing out waiting for the priority window to open up to their brother's/kid's/mate's level etc.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Membership Fault on 11:56 - Jul 13 with 720 viewslmfcblue

Might have to take a hit this season with the priority games Norwich Millwall etc then build up some points for next season.
Membership Fault on 11:58 - Jul 13 with 705 viewsJ2BLUE

It would have been fairer to give 5 points to ST holders and 1 point per game, same as silver and then given gold 10 point and ultimate 15.

I still think they will end up backtracking on the ST issue.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024