Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roger Osborne - just watched Lifes a Pitch 11:13 - Sep 30 with 549 viewsKeno

what a lovely humble guy.

He really is a very special part of what makes Town just such a very special club. Has any team got such a hero from a humble unlikely start to being a pro-footballer for his local team.

Thanks for everything Roger
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 11:14]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Roger Osborne - just watched Lifes a Pitch on 14:36 - Sep 30 with 394 viewsjudespiveyg

When he was young my granddad would drive him to Charsfield F.C. matches for whom they both played. My grandad describes him as very shy and quiet (being a teenager in a team of grown men) but terrifically talented. Frequently describes watching Osborne score in the Cup Final as the most surreal and unbelievable moment of his life.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 14:38]

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Roger Osborne - just watched Lifes a Pitch on 14:39 - Sep 30 with 379 viewsLord_Lucan

Roger Osborne - just watched Lifes a Pitch on 14:36 - Sep 30 by judespiveyg

When he was young my granddad would drive him to Charsfield F.C. matches for whom they both played. My grandad describes him as very shy and quiet (being a teenager in a team of grown men) but terrifically talented. Frequently describes watching Osborne score in the Cup Final as the most surreal and unbelievable moment of his life.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 14:38]

I used to see him quite a bit when he was working at the Sports club thing at Rushmere, I used to think he was miserable but I guess he was just shy.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Roger Osborne - just watched Lifes a Pitch on 15:15 - Sep 30 with 317 viewsBent_double

I met him at my brother-in-laws funeral earlier this year, not the best time to meet one of the Ipswich greats, obviously, but nice to chat to him about his time at Town. Lovely guy.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024