Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spare a thought for Reading….. 17:33 - Oct 14 with 2341 viewsWD19

So long as that thought is something along the lines of “arf, awful plastic club returning to where they belong”
Spare a thought for Reading….. on 03:45 - Oct 15 with 1845 viewscharlie1

I spend very little time checking out what other clubs are up to, especially those who aren’t in the same division as Ipswich, but why are Reading and Wigan struggling so much this season?

Surely any relegated team would have serious aspirations on bouncing straight back, but they both look like they’re going straight through like last weeks reheated chicken left-overs.
Spare a thought for Reading….. on 04:07 - Oct 15 with 1835 viewsPerublue

Spare a thought for Reading….. on 03:45 - Oct 15 by charlie1

I spend very little time checking out what other clubs are up to, especially those who aren’t in the same division as Ipswich, but why are Reading and Wigan struggling so much this season?

Surely any relegated team would have serious aspirations on bouncing straight back, but they both look like they’re going straight through like last weeks reheated chicken left-overs.

Both started the season with a points deduction .... Wigan 8 and Reading 4

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Spare a thought for Reading….. on 06:02 - Oct 15 with 1797 viewsStevieH

Why are they an awful plastic club and where do they belong exactly. They have 150 years of history and are one of the oldest teams in England.

We are all enjoying life as Town fans today thanks to the recent investment from Gamechanger but were in something of a mess ourselves not too long ago.

Enjoy the ride but , as KM says, remain humble.

Taking pleasure in the decline of other clubs is pretty unnecessary. The position they are in right now could easily have been us.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2023 6:11]
Spare a thought for Reading….. on 06:29 - Oct 15 with 1752 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

I don't get the contempt that seems to exist on here for Reading. They've been in existence longer than ITFC. Maybe it's because they moved from a quaint town center ground to a a soulless bowl by the motorway, but that's hardly the worst crime. Granted they don't have much of a fanbase, but I've always thought the fans they do have at least have a sense of humour - they were the first I heard to sing "We lose every week, we lose every week, you're nothing special, we lose every week". Clubs like Franchise MK, Dirty Leeds and Dirty Sheff Weds who have a huge following of thugs are far worse.

Poll: would you rather

Spare a thought for Reading….. on 06:29 - Oct 15 with 1748 viewspowinswitch

Spare a thought for Reading….. on 06:02 - Oct 15 by StevieH

Why are they an awful plastic club and where do they belong exactly. They have 150 years of history and are one of the oldest teams in England.

We are all enjoying life as Town fans today thanks to the recent investment from Gamechanger but were in something of a mess ourselves not too long ago.

Taking pleasure in the decline of other clubs is pretty unnecessary. The position they are in right now could easily have been us.

Very well said.
Spare a thought for Reading….. on 07:31 - Oct 15 with 1654 viewscharlie1

Spare a thought for Reading….. on 04:07 - Oct 15 by Perublue

Both started the season with a points deduction .... Wigan 8 and Reading 4

Thanks.
Spare a thought for Reading….. on 10:29 - Oct 15 with 1375 viewsexeterblue10

Spare a thought for Reading….. on 06:02 - Oct 15 by StevieH

100% agree. I remember watching Town play them at Elm Park and that ground was anything but plastic - all crumbling concrete and rusting metal and with a long history in the lower reaches of the league. Reading will have fans that have been with them for decades before they moved grounds - their own Pat Godbolds maybe - and they deserve some respect. No doubt there will have been tears when they left Elm Park and all that history behind but it wasn’t fit for purpose. I still cringe when I think of that banner in the away end at the Amex…
Spare a thought for Reading….. on 10:46 - Oct 15 with 1315 viewsRozz

Feel for the fans tbh. Dai Yongge should not have been allowed within 100 miles of a football club, and the fit and proper ownership "tests" have obviously failed them badly. There's a real threat to the existence of a 150 year old football club if things carry on the way they are.

I think we should be feeling grateful if anything that we've seemingly landed decent owners.
Login to get fewer ads

Spare a thought for Reading….. on 16:14 - Oct 15 with 954 viewsChurchman

Spare a thought for Reading….. on 10:29 - Oct 15 by exeterblue10

100% agree. I remember watching Town play them at Elm Park and that ground was anything but plastic - all crumbling concrete and rusting metal and with a long history in the lower reaches of the league. Reading will have fans that have been with them for decades before they moved grounds - their own Pat Godbolds maybe - and they deserve some respect. No doubt there will have been tears when they left Elm Park and all that history behind but it wasn’t fit for purpose. I still cringe when I think of that banner in the away end at the Amex…

I’ve not been to the current Reading ground. Did go to Elm Park once and your description is spot on. We won by a boatload too.

Not been to the Amex either, but I did go to the Goldstone a couple of times and that was a crumbling broken brick mess too. Difference was we were awful both games and I think lost them both too.

A lot of grounds were poor back in the day. I remember Watford 1991/92. You had to go through the allotments to get to it. The away shed reeked of p£ss and all things unpleasant. It was so ripe we moved to the side and could only see two thirds of the pitch but at least we could breath.

Luton’s wasn’t much better. Went to see them play Leeds years ago. The away fans were picking up lumps of the terrace and chucking it at the goalkeeper. He was hopp8ng about like a Morris dancer. Nobody cared. The first time we went (Luton 1 Ipswich 4) we sat in the main stand. 13 pillars between us and the pitch. Awesome.

Now, Eastville - there was a dump
[Post edited 15 Oct 2023 16:16]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024