Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One Game at a Time :You're Only here for the Pasties 14:16 - Oct 27 with 1062 viewspafcprogs

Hello, hello

It has been a while but it would be rude not to pop back and congratulate you on a really splendid start to the season....

Ours has been a curates egg, the better we play the less well the results seem to go...our second and third ( and probably fourth) best wins came from not very convincing performances. Our best away performances all ended in defeats....

And then there was Norwich :)

So other than the Brizzle disaster ( and that was a massively changed side which is not likely to be relevant to tomorrow) our away form is pretty tight and we could just as easily be on eighteen points.

Still ifs buts and maybes don't win league title ( don't have to tell you guys that) and I think we will be fine with staying up and investing the new TV money next season.

As some of you may remember I write a review/preview piece on Pasoti called One Game at a Time. This season is season 2 so we have gone all Netflix and so it is OGAAT You're Only here for the Pasties.

It is obviously written from an Argyle perspective, and all in good sport (honest).....but if you want to read up on the Curse of the Cats this Halloween weekend, and which Ipswich player is most likely to be wearing a Ghostface mask then here's the link.

https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/one-game-at-a-time-runners-up-a-october-28th.125503

Enjoy the Mariner Derby ( hopefully not too much) and we will no doubt speak after the weekend.

Cheers

pafcprogs
One Game at a Time :You're Only here for the Pasties on 14:34 - Oct 27 with 947 views_clive_baker_

Thanks progs, nicely written piece and good to hear a Plymouth perspective. You might say it's Ipswitch this Halloween weekend, amirite?

The start we've made has surpassed the expectations of even the most optimistic Town supporters, and we're enjoying every second. We had a quiet confidence coming in to the season that we weren't just here to make up the numbers, especially off the back of being the best side in L1 last season...( ), but nobody would've predicted this start in their wildest dreams.

Confidence is growing to the extent I'm finding myself going into games expectant, rather than hopeful. That said, the visit of Plymouth makes me a little more cautious, not because of what happened last season particularly, more the fact I think you've got a good side through the spine from front to back, well organised and well coached, and with pace and creativity in the likes of Whittaker and Mumba. Bundu isn't a player I've seen a lot of, but he strikes me as a potential wildcard at this level, and if his freekick in the week is anything to go by he's got something about him.

Should be an interesting game tomorrow, I think it'll be tight and my prediction is a Town win by a 1 goal margin. Safe travels to the Pilgrims making the long trip to Suffolk.

Oh and well done on the Norwich win, although next time please endeavor to score one more. I was rather hoping they would need their 2nd hand to count the goals they've shipped.
One Game at a Time :You're Only here for the Pasties on 14:47 - Oct 27 with 879 viewsChurchman

One Game at a Time :You're Only here for the Pasties on 14:34 - Oct 27 by _clive_baker_

Thanks progs, nicely written piece and good to hear a Plymouth perspective. You might say it's Ipswitch this Halloween weekend, amirite?

The start we've made has surpassed the expectations of even the most optimistic Town supporters, and we're enjoying every second. We had a quiet confidence coming in to the season that we weren't just here to make up the numbers, especially off the back of being the best side in L1 last season...( ), but nobody would've predicted this start in their wildest dreams.

Confidence is growing to the extent I'm finding myself going into games expectant, rather than hopeful. That said, the visit of Plymouth makes me a little more cautious, not because of what happened last season particularly, more the fact I think you've got a good side through the spine from front to back, well organised and well coached, and with pace and creativity in the likes of Whittaker and Mumba. Bundu isn't a player I've seen a lot of, but he strikes me as a potential wildcard at this level, and if his freekick in the week is anything to go by he's got something about him.

Should be an interesting game tomorrow, I think it'll be tight and my prediction is a Town win by a 1 goal margin. Safe travels to the Pilgrims making the long trip to Suffolk.

Oh and well done on the Norwich win, although next time please endeavor to score one more. I was rather hoping they would need their 2nd hand to count the goals they've shipped.

Spot on, Clive.

There’s no chance of Argyle falling into trouble this season. Settled club, top manager and a good team that plays the game properly so mid-table finish? QPR and Wednesday are in turmoil and look gone already, Huddersfield - something not right there and Rovrum don’t look strong enough, despite a really good result midweek.
One Game at a Time :You're Only here for the Pasties on 15:23 - Oct 27 with 765 viewsVegtablue

Great write-up progs. Genuinely loved last season. I think you may begrudge me believing we were the better team but I'm certain very few, if any, Town fans begrudge where the title went. My tiny, tiny disappointment is that we didn't join you with 100 points and double up our century of goals, but that's me being greedy. Finishing 2nd again would be a dream come true, as much as the journey remains long and full of potholes.

I know plenty on your forum are still looking downwards but you've got far more about you than the bottom three. Have a smooth journey if you're travelling.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024