Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just about got in here with a Friday Toon Mark II 23:55 - Oct 27 with 1633 viewsLord_Lucan

I will never tire of spouting sh1t about that I am the only person I know that has ever seen this great band live - apart of course from the person that I went with that might possibly be dead now anyway.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Just about got in here with a Friday Toon Mark II on 00:09 - Oct 28 with 1580 viewsWhos_blue

Serious question.

What were they like?
In the studios they were masters.
Just always wondered what they were like live.

I've been to the voyage show. It blew me away.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Just about got in here with a Friday Toon Mark II on 00:13 - Oct 28 with 1583 viewsmr_bean

Musically, a great band indeed.

Also, until I read this old Guardian article recently, I didn't realise what a troubled start to life the other female star, Anni-Frid, had had:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2002/jun/30/kateconnolly.theobserver
Just about got in here with a Friday Toon Mark II on 00:43 - Oct 28 with 1542 viewsLord_Lucan

Just about got in here with a Friday Toon Mark II on 00:09 - Oct 28 by Whos_blue

Serious question.

What were they like?

Well I was about 14 I think so it obviously blew me away

Brilliant stuff

And talking of covers

This is also for KENO - I started to write this bit before I realised I had already posted the last bit.

Actually - this all might all come out chronologically wrong. I'm confused.

I think I started at some point talking to Keno about now''''''''''

And by the way. I notice you have a Rah Band thing about Clouds across the moon. Me too, I think we might have spoken about this before.

I recall one day I started up in Blades (pub) one midday. I was going to go and see Bruce Springsteen at Wembley of the evening but The Rah Band came on, and then I got into conversation and I ended up getting into a spin and didn't make in to Springsteen.

Drunkenly enough I continually get muddled and fuddled with the Rah Band and the SOS band, it's an age thing.

This is a stormer baby!

Or even better

Apologies if this doesn't make sense. I seem to have written three posts and I've tried to put them together the best I could

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Just about got in here with a Friday Toon Mark II on 00:59 - Oct 28 with 1531 viewsLord_Lucan

Just about got in here with a Friday Toon Mark II on 00:13 - Oct 28 by mr_bean

Musically, a great band indeed.

Also, until I read this old Guardian article recently, I didn't realise what a troubled start to life the other female star, Anni-Frid, had had:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2002/jun/30/kateconnolly.theobserver

Yeah, Anni-Frid had a troubled start but I don't know when she knew about the nazi thing and I confess I can't be arsed to read the clip. I know about the "Thing" but i've forgotten when it all broke.

Also, the Agnetha thing was weird. She was the women of everyones dreams and she ended up as a recluse on some sh1t island and married the fat bloke that had been stalking her for years - I think that's what happened anyway. I haven't got the energfy to google it - although it might have actua;lly quicker.

Just about got in here with a Friday Toon Mark II on 01:17 - Oct 28 with 1505 viewsLord_Lucan

Just about got in here with a Friday Toon Mark II on 00:09 - Oct 28 by Whos_blue

Serious question.

What were they like?

And by the way. I confess, I have never fully understood what the Voyage show is.

Can you explain it to me as I feel I should go. Is it about futuristic holograms and sh1t, like Abba /Total recall?

Just about got in here with a Friday Toon Mark II on 08:24 - Oct 28 with 1383 viewsDJR

Just about got in here with a Friday Toon Mark II on 00:43 - Oct 28 by Lord_Lucan

Well I was about 14 I think so it obviously blew me away

Brilliant stuff

And talking of covers

This is also for KENO - I started to write this bit before I realised I had already posted the last bit.

Actually - this all might all come out chronologically wrong. I'm confused.

I think I started at some point talking to Keno about now''''''''''

And by the way. I notice you have a Rah Band thing about Clouds across the moon. Me too, I think we might have spoken about this before.

I recall one day I started up in Blades (pub) one midday. I was going to go and see Bruce Springsteen at Wembley of the evening but The Rah Band came on, and then I got into conversation and I ended up getting into a spin and didn't make in to Springsteen.

Drunkenly enough I continually get muddled and fuddled with the Rah Band and the SOS band, it's an age thing.

This is a stormer baby!

Or even better

Apologies if this doesn't make sense. I seem to have written three posts and I've tried to put them together the best I could

This post is what is known in literary criticism as a stream of consciousness.

Indeed, what you have written seems to me right up there with the following passage from James Joyce's Ulysses, named by many critics the greatest novel of all time. Have you thought of becoming an author?

"a quarter after what an unearthly hour I suppose they're just getting up in China now combing out their pigtails for the day well soon have the nuns ringing the angelus they've nobody coming in to spoil their sleep except an odd priest or two for his night office the alarm clock next door at cockshout clattering the brains out of itself let me see if I can doze off 1 2 3 4 5 what kind of flowers are those they invented like the stars the wallpaper in Lombard street was much nicer the apron he gave me was like that something only I only wore it twice better lower this lamp and try again so that I can get up early"
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 8:41]
Just about got in here with a Friday Toon Mark II on 10:50 - Oct 28 with 1303 viewsLord_Lucan

Just about got in here with a Friday Toon Mark II on 08:24 - Oct 28 by DJR

This post is what is known in literary criticism as a stream of consciousness.

Indeed, what you have written seems to me right up there with the following passage from James Joyce's Ulysses, named by many critics the greatest novel of all time. Have you thought of becoming an author?

"a quarter after what an unearthly hour I suppose they're just getting up in China now combing out their pigtails for the day well soon have the nuns ringing the angelus they've nobody coming in to spoil their sleep except an odd priest or two for his night office the alarm clock next door at cockshout clattering the brains out of itself let me see if I can doze off 1 2 3 4 5 what kind of flowers are those they invented like the stars the wallpaper in Lombard street was much nicer the apron he gave me was like that something only I only wore it twice better lower this lamp and try again so that I can get up early"
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 8:41]

That's very kind.

I have actually considered writing a book about my life. As a low moral compass long time borderline alcoholic I seem to have seen and done a bit and got myself into a few scrapes. I mean, how many people become subject to an international arrest warrant after a disastrous carp fishing trip with their wife in Spain, and that's the tip of the iceberg.

There are as I see it three problems. 1/ I am not sure I have the time or motivation, 2/ My memory is genuinely shot and I would miss out loads of things, 3/ Apart from close friends, no one would really be interested.

[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 11:32]

Just about got in here with a Friday Toon Mark II on 11:05 - Oct 28 with 1275 viewsKeno

The best Abba song ever

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Just about got in here with a Friday Toon Mark II on 11:27 - Oct 28 with 1236 viewsWhos_blue

Just about got in here with a Friday Toon Mark II on 01:17 - Oct 28 by Lord_Lucan

And by the way. I confess, I have never fully understood what the Voyage show is.

Can you explain it to me as I feel I should go. Is it about futuristic holograms and sh1t, like Abba /Total recall?

If you have even a passing interest in ABBA, then I couldn't recommend the Voyage show highly enough.
I'm reluctant to say too much about it as I don't want to spoil the wow factor I experienced, but yes, it is based around a holographic presentation.
I've seen 100s of gigs over the years and this is up there.
As well as a visual extravaganza, what really did it for me was the live band on stage recreating that incredible music.
It's a bit pricey, but worth every penny.
If you do go, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Just about got in here with a Friday Toon Mark II on 11:32 - Oct 28 with 1221 viewsLord_Lucan

Just about got in here with a Friday Toon Mark II on 11:27 - Oct 28 by Whos_blue

If you have even a passing interest in ABBA, then I couldn't recommend the Voyage show highly enough.
I'm reluctant to say too much about it as I don't want to spoil the wow factor I experienced, but yes, it is based around a holographic presentation.
I've seen 100s of gigs over the years and this is up there.
As well as a visual extravaganza, what really did it for me was the live band on stage recreating that incredible music.
It's a bit pricey, but worth every penny.
If you do go, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Understood, thanks.

I'll do it.

Just about got in here with a Friday Toon Mark II on 11:48 - Oct 28 with 1196 viewsWhos_blue

Just about got in here with a Friday Toon Mark II on 11:05 - Oct 28 by Keno

The best Abba song ever

Big call!

I see your day before you came and raise you a Chiquitita.

The complexities under this track are just a wonder.

Just about got in here with a Friday Toon Mark II on 12:01 - Oct 28 with 1176 viewsEwan_Oozami

Just about got in here with a Friday Toon Mark II on 10:50 - Oct 28 by Lord_Lucan

That's very kind.

I have actually considered writing a book about my life. As a low moral compass long time borderline alcoholic I seem to have seen and done a bit and got myself into a few scrapes. I mean, how many people become subject to an international arrest warrant after a disastrous carp fishing trip with their wife in Spain, and that's the tip of the iceberg.

There are as I see it three problems. 1/ I am not sure I have the time or motivation, 2/ My memory is genuinely shot and I would miss out loads of things, 3/ Apart from close friends, no one would really be interested.

[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 11:32]

Do it - do it now before it's definitely too late!

Re: Your points:

1: Sit down in front of a voice recorder, and pretend it's Michael Parkinson (apparently that works!)
2: Don't worry about including everything, I'm sure Phil could pull enough stuff fron the TWTD archives to help jog your memory! Or, as soon as your friends know you're doing it - they'll be saying, oh you have to put that in! (personal experience talking here!)
3: Oh, people will definitely be interested, especially the Police, Interpol and the FBI I should imagine..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Just about got in here with a Friday Toon Mark II on 12:02 - Oct 28 with 1173 viewsLord_Lucan

Just about got in here with a Friday Toon Mark II on 11:48 - Oct 28 by Whos_blue

Big call!

I see your day before you came and raise you a Chiquitita.

The complexities under this track are just a wonder.

Nah.

Day before you Came is right up there, but I think the far away winner is SOS.

I would have liked to have seen AC/DC or similar cover it as it has the makings of a great rock track.

Just about got in here with a Friday Toon Mark II on 12:09 - Oct 28 with 1165 viewsWhos_blue

Just about got in here with a Friday Toon Mark II on 12:02 - Oct 28 by Lord_Lucan

Nah.

Day before you Came is right up there, but I think the far away winner is SOS.

I would have liked to have seen AC/DC or similar cover it as it has the makings of a great rock track.

Apparently SOS is Pete Townshend's favourite ABBA track.

https://www.femalefirst.co.uk/music/musicnews/Pete+Townsend-36386.html
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 12:12]

Just about got in here with a Friday Toon Mark II on 12:17 - Oct 28 with 1140 viewsLord_Lucan

Just about got in here with a Friday Toon Mark II on 12:09 - Oct 28 by Whos_blue

Apparently SOS is Pete Townshend's favourite ABBA track.

https://www.femalefirst.co.uk/music/musicnews/Pete+Townsend-36386.html
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 12:12]

Metallica did a version of Dancing Queen.

I really don't see why some people sneer at Abba, they are genuinely up there with the greatest.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024