Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Beatles new single 16:45 - Nov 2 with 4429 viewsFranzgumm

I know this will make me sound like an old fart, but how great is the new Beatles single. Just fabulous.

https://open.spotify.com/track/4vziJcnB2Qyi9o4nIRUeN7?si=1340adc9176049eb

RIP Sir Bobby
Blog: [Blog] Where Has It All Gone Wrong?

The Beatles new single on 19:54 - Nov 3 with 684 viewsRadlett_blue

Sounds like a Coldplay track which wasn't quite good enough to make it onto an album.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The Beatles new single on 23:43 - Nov 3 with 636 viewsWhos_blue

The Beatles new single on 17:18 - Nov 3 by RadioOrwell

That's embarrassing.
I hope young people don't watch this and think to themselves - OMG is that what all the fuss is all about.

There is a time and place for all of this. The Beatles had their moment and it was outstanding.
Not now.
The song is awful and I can't imaging it would get on to any of their records.
The video itself is laughable - in a bad way.

It's an indulgent memorial by old folks for old folks. It doesn't belong anywhere near contemporary music.
It's bad ELO and they were already bad.

I'm old and completely understand the place the Beatles take in popular culture.
This doesn't add anything. It detracts from every wonderful thing that have done.

Indulgent?

Absolutely.

That's what makes it great.

It's the f@cking Beatles for f@cks sake.

I think they've earned that.

No?

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

The Beatles new single on 23:45 - Nov 3 with 630 viewsWhos_blue

The Beatles new single on 19:54 - Nov 3 by Radlett_blue

Sounds like a Coldplay track which wasn't quite good enough to make it onto an album.

Sigh......

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

The Beatles new single on 23:47 - Nov 3 with 628 viewspositivity

The Beatles new single on 18:28 - Nov 3 by nodge_blue

Maybe im getting sentimental but i thought it was a decent song. Like a last lament from the Beatles.

Seeing the old and young versions of them in a video made me a touch emotional in the way Bowie's last album did.

it doesn't stand comparison with johnny cash's hurt for a real emotional gutpunch though!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

The Beatles new single on 01:49 - Nov 4 with 609 viewsZapers

The Beatles new single on 17:47 - Nov 2 by GlasgowBlue

I think Paul has done his old mate proud. To turn this demo

into a finished piece of music is quite remarkable.

Ok, it's not going to compare with the group at their peak. But I think it's very moving in the context that John was murdered a year after recording the demo, George is no longer with us and I doubt very much that we will have either Paul or Ringo much longer.

So just as 'The End' on Abbey Road was a great way for 4 men in their twenties to sign off on their time being in the biggest and most influential band in history, 'Now and Then' is a lovely way for two men in their eighties to work one more time on music with their departed bandmates.

In that context, it's very emotional.

I had the privilege of meeting Richard many times, and Paul once in a hotel in LA.

I have to say that in the conversation i had with Paul, I found him to be engaging and extremely humble.

He used to live in Heather Road Los Angeles, the house is coincidentally now for sale!

Last time I saw Paul was in a private club in LA. I was going home at around midnight, and he was just arriving!

Hopefully neither Paul or Richard are going anywhere else soon, they both still seem to know how to lead life to the full!

I loved the song, found it very moving given the context
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024