Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why do we insist 19:12 - Nov 25 with 3241 viewsCustardCream

On spending 30 seconds at a time passing the ball between Hladky, Burgess and Woolfenden. Even after a throw-in in the attacking third. Pass it all the way back and p1ss ar5e about at the back. We can’t score from 90 yards out, you’d think they’d know that.
Why do we insist on 22:59 - Nov 25 with 675 viewsReuser_is_God

Tell me that’s the first game you’ve seen this season without telling me that’s the first game you’ve seen this season.

Moron.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Why do we insist on 23:45 - Nov 25 with 621 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Why do we insist on 20:29 - Nov 25 by CustardCream

At no point did I say we have to change everything..?

Surely it’s fairly obvious that if a team isn’t pressing you, passing it slowly and laboriously around the back isn’t going to get you back in the game.

For what it’s worth I love McKenna and feel priveleged to have him here, but much like at times last season, there doesn’t seem to be a plan B. We’re just very fortunate that for most of his time here we’ve not needed one

Maybe you should be in charge then if it’s so obvious what needed to be done. Long ball over the top to a lump of forward… bring back McCarthy why don’t you!

This is how we play. It works a lot of the time, it didn’t tonight. maybe give West Brom credit for that. But don’t say stupid things like ‘it’s obvious what needed to be done”
Why do we insist on 06:13 - Nov 26 with 572 viewsibbleobble

To move the opposition about and wait for an opening to appear via a run or a mistake. Watching what’s happening off the ball as well as on it is watching football.
Why do we insist on 07:24 - Nov 26 with 553 viewsPlums

Why do we insist on 20:29 - Nov 25 by CustardCream

At no point did I say we have to change everything..?

Surely it’s fairly obvious that if a team isn’t pressing you, passing it slowly and laboriously around the back isn’t going to get you back in the game.

For what it’s worth I love McKenna and feel priveleged to have him here, but much like at times last season, there doesn’t seem to be a plan B. We’re just very fortunate that for most of his time here we’ve not needed one

The 'no plan B' claim is a lazy accusation used by ill-informed pundits to try and criticise managers whose boots they have no chance of filling and in many cases whose methods they don't seem to understand. Don't lower yourself to that level.

On several occasions last night, we tried long balls, crossfield diagonal balls as well as our usual short passing. West Brom worked incredibly hard, the sad thing is we didn't work them hard enough so they were able to sustain it. Unlock the defence once and the game changes because we're known for late goals and that would have affected them. Unfortunately it was an off day and we didn't do it.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Why do we insist on 09:24 - Nov 26 with 523 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Why do we insist on 19:15 - Nov 25 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

I think the worst thing about today is the fact that we had no intention to change anything about our game at half time, it wasn’t working and it clearly wasn’t going to work and we went out and did the exact same thing.

And yet it worked against:

Swansea who we beat after being behind.

Plymouth who we beat after being behind.

Cardiff who we beat after being 2-0 down.

Wolves who we beat after being 2-0 down.

Birmingham where we drew after being 2-0 down.

Huddersfield where we drew after being behind.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Why do we insist on 13:41 - Nov 26 with 485 viewsbraveblue

Because that is how we won promotion and now 2nd in the Championship. Get a grip!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024