Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defence isn’t good enough 14:26 - Nov 26 with 708 viewstetchris

We can’t rely on outscoring the opposition.
We concede early too often.
We faff about at the back too much.
We don’t have a leader at the back like Jason DV, Terry B, Chambo, Tony Mow etc

Decent quality centre half required in January transfer window and also feel we need another striker. We need a target man so we can hit it long as sometimes. Yesterday we looked like we didn’t have a plan B.

WBA are a good team and expect them to be in play offs as a minimum.

Personally I don’t think we are ready for PL so wouldn’t be too disappointed if we didn’t get into play offs or automatic promotion places.
Defence isn’t good enough on 14:35 - Nov 26 with 662 viewsMK1

Yes it is. The league table is the proof, if you need it.
Defence isn’t good enough on 14:41 - Nov 26 with 640 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

We had a run of clean sheets away from home, so they’ve proved they can be solid at this level. In my opinion Woolfie and Burgess have shown themselves able to handle this league. Edmundson I’m not sure yet. At times it looks like the opposition are more well drilled and wily than us, so I wonder if the switch off of concentration is down to relative lack of experience at this level.

West Brom were by far the best defence I’ve seen this level, positioning and holding formation really rigidly.
Defence isn’t good enough on 14:47 - Nov 26 with 616 viewsnrb1985

Most of the goals we have conceded of late have been down to individual errors rather than collective failings.

Given we are second in the table I'm not sure how you can draw that our defence as a whole isn't good enough?!
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 14:48]
Defence isn’t good enough on 14:49 - Nov 26 with 609 viewsfranz_tyson

A striker appears to be high up on the list of wants for us in January. Everybody seems to agree with that.

New CB? Not sure yet until we roadtest Tuanzebe. Maybe harsh on Woolf or Burgess but maybe its time to give him a run. I think our CBs have a difficult time when we prioritise attacking football and the full backs go wandering. But maybe Tuanzebe can add something. Not going to jump on the CBs as they seem to get it when we ship goals, but we also defend as a team.

I'm starting to wonder about a new CM. Mass is getting on a bit, same as Morsy and I don't think Taylor offers that much control and protection as a CM. Maybe hes better further up the pitch. Ball isn't going to take us forward and Humphreys is maybe a couple of years from getting there. Wouldn’t mind us going for a terrier-like midfielder who can also get us up the pitch.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 15:03]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024