Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team Suspensions and Norwich Game 16:28 - Dec 6 with 1835 viewsDamster

So Massimo and Brandon both suspended for Boro after bookings on Saturday.

Cynical side of me says calculated decision by Williams which was a crazy and pointless lunge after coming on as a sub?

More worringly is Morsey being 2 cards away from suspension and Wes Burns just 1.

Team Suspensions and Norwich Game on 16:29 - Dec 6 with 1808 viewsKieran_Knows

It wasn't calculated when the cut off point for 5 yellow cards was Saturday. Was a ridiculous challenge by him to be honest.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Team Suspensions and Norwich Game on 16:30 - Dec 6 with 1778 viewsDamster

Team Suspensions and Norwich Game on 16:29 - Dec 6 by Kieran_Knows

It wasn't calculated when the cut off point for 5 yellow cards was Saturday. Was a ridiculous challenge by him to be honest.

Ahh … didn’t pick up on that. Just the burns and morsey to get through then. 😅
Team Suspensions and Norwich Game on 16:31 - Dec 6 with 1782 views_clive_baker_

The cut off was after the last game, so there's no element of calculation in it. Also means Burns is effectively now 6 away from a ban, so no dramas there.

Agree on Morsy, someone said the cap doesn't increase to 15 until about 18 games time, so him not getting 2 more yellows in that time feels unlikely. 1 on Saturday and it's going to be squeaky bums at Watford to see if he plays the derby.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2023 16:32]
Team Suspensions and Norwich Game on 16:35 - Dec 6 with 1730 viewsKieran_Knows

Team Suspensions and Norwich Game on 16:31 - Dec 6 by _clive_baker_

The cut off was after the last game, so there's no element of calculation in it. Also means Burns is effectively now 6 away from a ban, so no dramas there.

Agree on Morsy, someone said the cap doesn't increase to 15 until about 18 games time, so him not getting 2 more yellows in that time feels unlikely. 1 on Saturday and it's going to be squeaky bums at Watford to see if he plays the derby.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2023 16:32]

If Morsy get a yellow on Saturday and we win the game, I'd half be tempted to leave him at home for the Watford game and go with Taylor and Luongo - given Luongo should be fresher as he's out this weekend.

Team Suspensions and Norwich Game on 16:41 - Dec 6 with 1686 views_clive_baker_

Team Suspensions and Norwich Game on 16:35 - Dec 6 by Kieran_Knows

If Morsy get a yellow on Saturday and we win the game, I'd half be tempted to leave him at home for the Watford game and go with Taylor and Luongo - given Luongo should be fresher as he's out this weekend.

Wouldn't surprise me if there's a fair amount of rotation at Watford more generally anyway. I think Tuanzebe will play in that one, and Luongo coming back in (perhaps for Taylor). Guess there will also be rotation among Clarke and Williams over the next 3 games and I also expect a change or 2 in the 'front 4' at Watford as well. Maybe Hutchinson to start.

Problem is with trying to be too cute about Morsy's suspension is if he gets 1 Saturday then comes back against Norwich and gets one he misses Leeds and Leicester, which is far from ideal. There's no good games for him to miss really, just got to cross that bridge when it comes.
Team Suspensions and Norwich Game on 16:48 - Dec 6 with 1634 viewsKieran_Knows

Team Suspensions and Norwich Game on 16:41 - Dec 6 by _clive_baker_

Wouldn't surprise me if there's a fair amount of rotation at Watford more generally anyway. I think Tuanzebe will play in that one, and Luongo coming back in (perhaps for Taylor). Guess there will also be rotation among Clarke and Williams over the next 3 games and I also expect a change or 2 in the 'front 4' at Watford as well. Maybe Hutchinson to start.

Problem is with trying to be too cute about Morsy's suspension is if he gets 1 Saturday then comes back against Norwich and gets one he misses Leeds and Leicester, which is far from ideal. There's no good games for him to miss really, just got to cross that bridge when it comes.

Yes, I suspect you're not far off with that.

That's also very true. I've resigned myself to the fact he won't play against Norwich, so as much as it will hurt, I've softened the blow somewhat knowing he wont, ha!

Team Suspensions and Norwich Game on 18:45 - Dec 6 with 1330 viewsbilllm

Agree needless, neither of them needed to get booked, stupid
Team Suspensions and Norwich Game on 18:49 - Dec 6 with 1317 viewsDubtractor

I like his aggression/enthusiasm for the most part, but he was really poorly disciplined when he came on at the weekend, just seemed to make several bad decisions - the tackle being one, and several times over complicating things and getting us into trouble near our penalty area.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Team Suspensions and Norwich Game on 19:04 - Dec 6 with 1270 viewsjayessess

With the prospect of another suspension if he gets 15 yellow cards, we definitely shouldn't be actively trying to accelerate him accumulating them in any way. The longer he can stay on 8 and then 9 the better.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Team Suspensions and Norwich Game on 19:33 - Dec 6 with 1175 viewspointofblue

I think Tuanzebe might in at the Riverside considering how weak we looked in the middle at West Brom. Then Woolfenden back for Watford before McKenna makes a decision about the derby.

If we do win at Boro, and it's a big 'if', I would go for Luongo and Taylor in the middle at Watford and ensure Morsy is available for Norwich.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Team Suspensions and Norwich Game on 20:21 - Dec 6 with 1062 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

We will miss Mass more than Williams on Saturday, as proven against WBA, we’re just so much weaker defensively without Mass in the team. I just pray we don’t get caught making silly errors and Middlesbrough are looking to get themselves going again, a bit like when we played Brum, so a tough game. I’d be happy with a draw.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024