Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ed Sheeran done, now for Taylor Swift 13:11 - Jan 5 with 794 viewsVanSaParody

Link is to US music humour site Amiright for Shake it Off (Ablution Song)parody lyrics... have a chuckle!

http://www.amiright.com/parody/2010s/taylorswift96.shtml
Ed Sheeran done, now for Taylor Swift on 13:17 - Jan 5 with 742 viewsredrickstuhaart

Why have we adopted this bizarre American idea of calling a song where we change the lyrics a "parody"?

"parody
/ˈparədi/
noun
noun: parody; plural noun: parodies

an imitation of the style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect."

A parody is when you make Airplane, and exagerrate and mock the original thing. Not where you borrow a tune and put silly words to it.
Ed Sheeran done, now for Taylor Swift on 13:19 - Jan 5 with 725 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ed Sheeran done, now for Taylor Swift on 13:17 - Jan 5 by redrickstuhaart

Why have we adopted this bizarre American idea of calling a song where we change the lyrics a "parody"?

"parody
/ˈparədi/
noun

an imitation of the style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect."

A parody is when you make Airplane, and exagerrate and mock the original thing. Not where you borrow a tune and put silly words to it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ed Sheeran done, now for Taylor Swift on 13:20 - Jan 5 with 712 viewsredrickstuhaart

Ed Sheeran done, now for Taylor Swift on 13:19 - Jan 5 by Swansea_Blue

Pet peeve that has been growing for some time. Alongside people being excited "for" things.
Ed Sheeran done, now for Taylor Swift on 13:21 - Jan 5 with 692 viewsJ2BLUE

Ed Sheeran done, now for Taylor Swift on 13:20 - Jan 5 by redrickstuhaart

Pet peeve that has been growing for some time. Alongside people being excited "for" things.

Sounds like you need a vacation...

*runs away*

Using the sidewalk...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ed Sheeran done, now for Taylor Swift on 13:26 - Jan 5 with 657 viewsIllinoisblue

Ed Sheeran done, now for Taylor Swift on 13:17 - Jan 5 by redrickstuhaart

"parody
/ˈparədi/
noun

100% this. Also, I imagine hell to be Griffin singing these “parodies” on an endless loop while the Talking Town lot do a two-hour pod on each song.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Ed Sheeran done, now for Taylor Swift on 13:27 - Jan 5 with 644 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ed Sheeran done, now for Taylor Swift on 13:20 - Jan 5 by redrickstuhaart

Right up there with people who ask “Can I get a coffee?”.

Makes me want to respond like this:

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ed Sheeran done, now for Taylor Swift on 13:29 - Jan 5 with 614 viewsredrickstuhaart

Ed Sheeran done, now for Taylor Swift on 13:27 - Jan 5 by Swansea_Blue

Right up there with people who ask “Can I get a coffee?”.

Makes me want to respond like this:

I remain disappointed and angry at D Fens' unfair and unjust demise. He should have won.
[Post edited 5 Jan 13:34]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024