Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loan system 19:53 - Jan 15 with 1007 viewsFrimleyBlue

Is it me or are there a lot more recalls than there used to be historically?....

Did a rule change or anything or is it something that has always happened it's just not something I've noticed?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Loan system on 20:09 - Jan 15 with 927 viewsStevieH

It’s due to Covid vaccinations
Loan system on 20:19 - Jan 15 with 871 viewsFacefacts

Could be that so many managerial changes (when compared with the past) mean that new managers want to check them out (at parent club).
Loan system on 20:22 - Jan 15 with 857 viewsPhilTWTD

I think you're right. Always happened a bit but clubs seem to be moving young players on after six months more often, whether to move them up a division or as other sides have made approaches for them.
Loan system on 21:10 - Jan 15 with 732 viewsVaughan8

I'm guessing it just evolves and now loads have recall clauses, whereas before maybe not?

Some teams have loaned players and not included the "can't play against us" clause. I would guess this is standard now.
Loan system on 21:37 - Jan 15 with 660 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

That was my perception too, I don’t remember it being so frequent. I get recalling to sell, but recalling to loan elsewhere seems a little underhand. I get we’ve been beneficiaries from it, but it’s tough at the other end of the food chain - see Plymouth losing about 4 players - some recalled to follow Schumacher.

I guess ultimately that’s why player loans are a calculated gamble…
Loan system on 21:42 - Jan 15 with 626 viewsFrimleyBlue

Loan system on 20:22 - Jan 15 by PhilTWTD

I think you're right. Always happened a bit but clubs seem to be moving young players on after six months more often, whether to move them up a division or as other sides have made approaches for them.

It definitely feels like it's more prominent now.

Waka waka eh eh

Loan system on 21:43 - Jan 15 with 615 viewsFrimleyBlue

Loan system on 21:37 - Jan 15 by SuperKieranMcKenna

That was my perception too, I don’t remember it being so frequent. I get recalling to sell, but recalling to loan elsewhere seems a little underhand. I get we’ve been beneficiaries from it, but it’s tough at the other end of the food chain - see Plymouth losing about 4 players - some recalled to follow Schumacher.

I guess ultimately that’s why player loans are a calculated gamble…

I suppose most historic loans you'd always see no recall clause in season long deals.. whereas now you see the occasional mention but quite a lot now it doesn't exist.

Waka waka eh eh

Loan system on 22:00 - Jan 15 with 557 viewsSitfcB

Loan system on 21:42 - Jan 15 by FrimleyBlue

It definitely feels like it's more prominent now.

Could be a case clubs want their players more in the shop window that they didn’t get in the first half of the season, with all this FFP now if a player has a great 2nd half of the season value could be at his highest come the summer for a good, quick sale.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024