Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
a12 before Maidstone game 13:04 - Jan 26 with 1336 viewscombsblue

Hey all, can anyone give me the latest on the A12 situation? Still loads of roadworks? Remember late last year it being a nightmare. I'm driving up from north London for the Maidstone game due to trains being crap and I suspect I won't be alone. Cheers!
a12 before Maidstone game on 13:06 - Jan 26 with 1312 viewsunbelievablue

4500 Maidstone fans presumably doing the same, too. I am leaving SE London at 8.30 and hoping for the best.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

a12 before Maidstone game on 14:32 - Jan 26 with 1111 viewsFreddies_Ears

Better drive than risk the rail replacement buses from Colchester - Ipswich.
a12 before Maidstone game on 14:46 - Jan 26 with 1086 viewsSitfcB

Alan Brazil was talking about the A12 on TalkSport this morning basically saying how shît it is and the Maidstone fans should go up the M11 then A120 if they have time, I agree.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

a12 before Maidstone game on 14:59 - Jan 26 with 1041 viewsitfckenty

personally... your best bet would probably be to spend an extra 15 mins driving the long route than go down the A12.

M11 - A120, go to Braintree - drive up to Sudbury - from there to ipswich (past hadleigh)
bit longer, but this will bring you out into ipswich after the busy roundabout on the A12.

traffic still, but it will be a more pleasant drive.
a12 before Maidstone game on 15:03 - Jan 26 with 1026 viewsTangledupin_Blue

a12 before Maidstone game on 14:46 - Jan 26 by SitfcB

Alan Brazil was talking about the A12 on TalkSport this morning basically saying how shît it is and the Maidstone fans should go up the M11 then A120 if they have time, I agree.

Even with the 2 sets of roadworks it is still usually quicker to use A12, especially if approaching J28 (Brentwood) going anticlockwise on M25 as most of the Maidstone people will do. Most of the time both sets of roadworks have 2 lanes open; you just slow down for a few minutes.

If you detour via M11 and A120 as suggested above then you only cut out one of the roadworks; you still go through the roadworks at Colchester.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

a12 before Maidstone game on 16:31 - Jan 26 with 873 viewslongtimefan

a12 before Maidstone game on 15:03 - Jan 26 by Tangledupin_Blue

Even with the 2 sets of roadworks it is still usually quicker to use A12, especially if approaching J28 (Brentwood) going anticlockwise on M25 as most of the Maidstone people will do. Most of the time both sets of roadworks have 2 lanes open; you just slow down for a few minutes.

If you detour via M11 and A120 as suggested above then you only cut out one of the roadworks; you still go through the roadworks at Colchester.

Or go via the A13 - A130 and join A12 at Chelmsford. Basically all dual carriageway these days and usually flows reasonably well - though the first bit from the M25 is 50 mph despite being dualled!
a12 before Maidstone game on 18:25 - Jan 26 with 760 viewsTangledupin_Blue

a12 before Maidstone game on 16:31 - Jan 26 by longtimefan

Or go via the A13 - A130 and join A12 at Chelmsford. Basically all dual carriageway these days and usually flows reasonably well - though the first bit from the M25 is 50 mph despite being dualled!

Indeed so. Definitely better than going via Harlow and Braintree!

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024