Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would've been a rubbish draw anyway. 20:21 - Jan 28 with 1442 viewsTheBoyBlue

Away at Wednesday or Coventry.

Pity for Maidstone though.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Would've been a rubbish draw anyway. on 22:00 - Jan 28 with 1343 viewsmatteoblue

We do not know who we would have got.

We are Premier League, say we are Premier League!

Would've been a rubbish draw anyway. on 22:48 - Jan 28 with 1246 viewssoclopath

Would've been a rubbish draw anyway. on 22:00 - Jan 28 by matteoblue

To think they where a few balls from Man City such a pity.
Would've been a rubbish draw anyway. on 22:56 - Jan 28 with 1229 viewsTheMoralMajority

Would've been a rubbish draw anyway. on 22:00 - Jan 28 by matteoblue

It's my understanding that the ball numbers remain the same, so we would have drawn the same as Maidstone did.

Think they deserved a bit better than what they got, but luck of the draw, innit.

...but do signatures really work?

Would've been a rubbish draw anyway. on 23:02 - Jan 28 with 1215 viewsmatteoblue

Would've been a rubbish draw anyway. on 22:56 - Jan 28 by TheMoralMajority

It's my understanding that the ball numbers remain the same, so we would have drawn the same as Maidstone did.

Think they deserved a bit better than what they got, but luck of the draw, innit.

No, those numbers were drawn after we were knocked out. You cannot get in a time machine and change the past.

Would've been a rubbish draw anyway. on 23:07 - Jan 28 with 1203 viewsTheMoralMajority

Would've been a rubbish draw anyway. on 23:02 - Jan 28 by matteoblue

No, those numbers were drawn after we were knocked out. You cannot get in a time machine and change the past.

I mean... the number that was allocated to Maidstone was the same as would have been allocated to us. Ergo, we would have drawn the same.

Unless you are looking at it from a more philosophical angle, then sure... I guess we will never know.

Would've been a rubbish draw anyway. on 23:15 - Jan 28 with 1189 viewsmatteoblue

Would've been a rubbish draw anyway. on 23:07 - Jan 28 by TheMoralMajority

I mean... the number that was allocated to Maidstone was the same as would have been allocated to us. Ergo, we would have drawn the same.

Unless you are looking at it from a more philosophical angle, then sure... I guess we will never know.

You miss the point. The draw was made after we were knocked out. You can't change the past and expect the future to be the same, it's impossible.

Would've been a rubbish draw anyway. on 23:47 - Jan 28 with 1135 viewsTheBoyBlue

Explains in here.

https://www.balls.ie/football/fa-cup-draw-ball-numbers-423745

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Would've been a rubbish draw anyway. on 23:56 - Jan 28 with 1110 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Would've been a rubbish draw anyway. on 23:15 - Jan 28 by matteoblue

You miss the point. The draw was made after we were knocked out. You can't change the past and expect the future to be the same, it's impossible.

This is very factually correct.
Login to get fewer ads

Would've been a rubbish draw anyway. on 01:47 - Jan 29 with 1055 viewsTheMoralMajority

Would've been a rubbish draw anyway. on 23:15 - Jan 28 by matteoblue

Well, no. I don't. You should have ended your point at "You can't change the past". Anything beyond that becomes a purely philosophical question, as I said before.

The fact remains, we would have had the same ball number as Maidstone.

The fact also remains that you cannot change the past.

Anything beyond that is philosphical.

Both of these things can be true.

Would've been a rubbish draw anyway. on 02:54 - Jan 29 with 1034 viewsArchiRob

I agree time travel is presently impossible and I suspect likely to be ever the case, so not sure why you are introducing time travel to the debate?

but I believe the point being made is that should we have defeated the mighty Maidstone (with or without the aid of time travel) The ball number would have been the same so ergo we would have been drawn away to either Wednesday or Coventry (unless of course the original result had been affected by some other time travelers?)

Tricky ground time travel really, as it doesn't exist, but if it does exist sometime in the future it will be entirely feasible that it exists now - I would hope it's used for something more useful than fixing football matches like maybe stopping wars. And lets not even go down parallel Universe's .
Would've been a rubbish draw anyway. on 06:07 - Jan 29 with 976 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Although Hillsborough has been run down a bit over the years that’s a good place for them, Coventry is a good ground too. They will probably beat Sheffield Wednesday let’s be honest!
Would've been a rubbish draw anyway. on 06:34 - Jan 29 with 913 viewsITFC_Forever

Would have been a decent draw for us…. More winnable than a Prem side. Had we done so, we’d be only one game from Wembley.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Would've been a rubbish draw anyway. on 07:21 - Jan 29 with 877 viewstextbackup

It’s not about who you get, it’s about being in the draw.

We harp on about winning it in 78, yet seem perfectly ok with being knocked out year after year.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Would've been a rubbish draw anyway. on 10:25 - Jan 29 with 717 viewsmatteoblue

Would've been a rubbish draw anyway. on 23:47 - Jan 28 by TheBoyBlue

Explains in here.

https://www.balls.ie/football/fa-cup-draw-ball-numbers-423745

You're still missing the point. Those numbers were only drawn after we were knocked out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024