Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Duncan McGuire to Blackburn move nearing completion? 14:43 - Jan 31 with 2860 viewswhymark4lazio0

Sadly, it seems this may not release Gallagher.

People in the know and Phil seem convinced BR will not sell Gallagher under any circs.

Poll: Should these Polls show number of votes as well as percentages?

Duncan McGuire to Blackburn move nearing completion? on 15:03 - Jan 31 with 2564 viewsDJR

This is the headline from the EADT which mirrors Phil.

"Striker search latest: Moore and Ngankum remain targets, with Gallagher deal dead."

Not much time left for a medical, especially with Ngankum presumably in Germany.
[Post edited 31 Jan 15:57]
Duncan McGuire to Blackburn move nearing completion? on 15:07 - Jan 31 with 2485 viewsitfc48

I imagine if we rated McGuire for our system we would have tried to gazump them. Maybe we should still bluff and then agree to stand aside if they accept the Gallagher offer!
Duncan McGuire to Blackburn move nearing completion? on 15:11 - Jan 31 with 2423 viewsStokieBlue

Duncan McGuire to Blackburn move nearing completion? on 15:07 - Jan 31 by itfc48

I imagine if we rated McGuire for our system we would have tried to gazump them. Maybe we should still bluff and then agree to stand aside if they accept the Gallagher offer!

Not sure we can gazump them given they sold someone for 22m yesterday.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Duncan McGuire to Blackburn move nearing completion? on 15:19 - Jan 31 with 2306 viewspointofblue

Duncan McGuire to Blackburn move nearing completion? on 15:11 - Jan 31 by StokieBlue

Not sure we can gazump them given they sold someone for 22m yesterday.

SB

I thought the same thing. The best we could is try and force their hand, making them spend more than they’d otherwise need to.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Duncan McGuire to Blackburn move nearing completion? on 16:01 - Jan 31 with 1960 viewsDJR

Duncan McGuire to Blackburn move nearing completion? on 15:07 - Jan 31 by itfc48

This from the EADT suggests they want to keep him anyway to fight against relegation.

The 6ft 4in front man grabbed a goal and two assists in Blackburn's 4-1 home win against Wrexham in the FA Cup fourth round on Monday night and, following a recent return from injury, is seen as the man who can fire them up and away from the danger zone.
Duncan McGuire to Blackburn move nearing completion? on 16:27 - Jan 31 with 1742 viewshomer_123

Duncan McGuire to Blackburn move nearing completion? on 15:03 - Jan 31 by DJR

This is the headline from the EADT which mirrors Phil.

"Striker search latest: Moore and Ngankum remain targets, with Gallagher deal dead."

Not much time left for a medical, especially with Ngankum presumably in Germany.
[Post edited 31 Jan 15:57]

Medicals are not quite as intense as people seem to make out.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Duncan McGuire to Blackburn move nearing completion? on 16:38 - Jan 31 with 1627 viewswhymark4lazio0

Duncan McGuire to Blackburn move nearing completion? on 16:27 - Jan 31 by homer_123

Medicals are not quite as intense as people seem to make out.

Indeed and as far as I'm concerned Gallagher passed a real world medical just the other day playing against Wrexham.

Duncan McGuire to Blackburn move nearing completion? on 16:45 - Jan 31 with 1557 viewsDJR

Duncan McGuire to Blackburn move nearing completion? on 16:38 - Jan 31 by whymark4lazio0

Indeed and as far as I'm concerned Gallagher passed a real world medical just the other day playing against Wrexham.

If you are paying for a player I would have thought you would want your medical people to check him over. Indeed, player insurance may well require this.

And I believe we did send the medical team to Qatar, rather than just relying on the fact he was playing.
[Post edited 31 Jan 16:46]
Login to get fewer ads

Duncan McGuire to Blackburn move nearing completion? on 18:21 - Jan 31 with 1293 viewswhymark4lazio0

Duncan McGuire to Blackburn move nearing completion? on 16:45 - Jan 31 by DJR

If you are paying for a player I would have thought you would want your medical people to check him over. Indeed, player insurance may well require this.

And I believe we did send the medical team to Qatar, rather than just relying on the fact he was playing.
[Post edited 31 Jan 16:46]

You are right- recent playing time is probably the best general measurement of fitness to play football but medics can pick up underlying issues that might only become apparent later, For example, I remember Asa Hartford's transfer from WBA to Leeds falling through because the medics found he had a hole in his heart (didn't stop him playing 744 games). Showing my age- this was back in 1971!
See here- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asa_Hartford

Duncan McGuire to Blackburn move nearing completion? on 18:46 - Jan 31 with 1113 viewsDJR

Duncan McGuire to Blackburn move nearing completion? on 18:21 - Jan 31 by whymark4lazio0

You are right- recent playing time is probably the best general measurement of fitness to play football but medics can pick up underlying issues that might only become apparent later, For example, I remember Asa Hartford's transfer from WBA to Leeds falling through because the medics found he had a hole in his heart (didn't stop him playing 744 games). Showing my age- this was back in 1971!
See here- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asa_Hartford

I remember that too!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024