Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is where the asylum system fails 06:29 - Feb 2 with 5021 viewsgtsb1966

Get your asylum application rejected twice and commit a sexual offence but allowed to stay as you say you've converted to Christianity. Then he does this. After committing the sexual offence he should have been removed immediately. I expect Rishi and the press to be all over this one.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68167793
This is where the asylum system fails on 12:46 - Feb 2 with 1348 viewsHerbivore

This is where the asylum system fails on 12:39 - Feb 2 by BarcaBlue

There's some decent discussion here and intelligent debate...then there's this.

Indeed.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This is where the asylum system fails on 12:48 - Feb 2 with 1340 viewsbaxterbasics

This is where the asylum system fails on 12:32 - Feb 2 by Herbivore

Withdrawing from international treaties is not the behaviour of a serious, grown up liberal democracy.

Hence I wasn't suggesting we should, just identifying this is the root of the problem.

Likewise I'm not saying it should never be done - but it needs to be for hard thought through reasons by serious people. Not as some per-election straw-clutch or to facilitate the latest bad policy.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

This is where the asylum system fails on 12:52 - Feb 2 with 1328 viewsHerbivore

This is where the asylum system fails on 12:48 - Feb 2 by baxterbasics

Hence I wasn't suggesting we should, just identifying this is the root of the problem.

Likewise I'm not saying it should never be done - but it needs to be for hard thought through reasons by serious people. Not as some per-election straw-clutch or to facilitate the latest bad policy.

I don't think it should ever be done by a serious country. It's the behaviour of Russia or Belarus, not a western democracy. It is within the government's power to make and change legislation around when criminal convictions lead to deportation. It was offences that led to a 2 year sentence, now it's 1 year. This individual was given a community order. If the government wanted to tighten that up further they could do so and he'd have been out of the country before his successful asylum appeal.

This is where the asylum system fails on 12:52 - Feb 2 with 1334 viewsblueasfook

This is where the asylum system fails on 12:46 - Feb 2 by Herbivore

Indeed.

https://youtube.com/shorts/1CXMwu530Gg?si=7bOzE6Vg0sYME9Sx
[Post edited 2 Feb 12:55]

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

This is where the asylum system fails on 12:56 - Feb 2 with 1301 viewsHerbivore

This is where the asylum system fails on 12:52 - Feb 2 by blueasfook

Do you have anything of substance to add to this debate? So far it seems not, so I'm unsure why you are bothering to post on it.

This is where the asylum system fails on 13:08 - Feb 2 with 1269 viewsGeomorph

This is where the asylum system fails on 12:39 - Feb 2 by BarcaBlue

There's some decent discussion here and intelligent debate...then there's this.

business as usual....
This is where the asylum system fails on 13:15 - Feb 2 with 1255 viewsleitrimblue

This is where the asylum system fails on 13:08 - Feb 2 by Geomorph

business as usual....

But he hates bullying. Hes quite happy to single out some of the most vulnerable and desperate people in society. But he absolutely hates bullying
This is where the asylum system fails on 13:18 - Feb 2 with 1251 viewsblueasfook

This is where the asylum system fails on 13:15 - Feb 2 by leitrimblue

But he hates bullying. Hes quite happy to single out some of the most vulnerable and desperate people in society. But he absolutely hates bullying

So you describe a violent woman and children attacker and sex offender as "vulnerable and desperate"? I think it's you who needs to examine your moral compass.

I'd rather innocent people on our streets were protected.

Login to get fewer ads

This is where the asylum system fails on 13:21 - Feb 2 with 1240 viewsleitrimblue

This is where the asylum system fails on 13:18 - Feb 2 by blueasfook

So you describe a violent woman and children attacker and sex offender as "vulnerable and desperate"? I think it's you who needs to examine your moral compass.

I'd rather innocent people on our streets were protected.

So where was the mention of violent women and children attackers and sex offenders in your linked vid? There wasn't any was there? It was just a snide anti immigration vid. Please stop bullying those most vulnerable in society
[Post edited 2 Feb 13:35]
This is where the asylum system fails on 13:26 - Feb 2 with 1223 viewsblueasfook

This is where the asylum system fails on 13:21 - Feb 2 by leitrimblue

So where was the mention of violent women and children attackers and sex offenders in your linked vid? There wasn't any was there? It was just a snide anti immigration vid. Please stop bullying those most vulnerable in society
[Post edited 2 Feb 13:35]

I am all for immigration where those people bring value to society. The asylum system is being widely abused by criminals. There is a global trafficking industry profiting from it. But yeah, instead of discussing it, just label people who speak up about it "bullies". Very grown up.

This is where the asylum system fails on 13:34 - Feb 2 with 1202 viewsleitrimblue

This is where the asylum system fails on 13:26 - Feb 2 by blueasfook

I am all for immigration where those people bring value to society. The asylum system is being widely abused by criminals. There is a global trafficking industry profiting from it. But yeah, instead of discussing it, just label people who speak up about it "bullies". Very grown up.

Your all for immigration?
So do you want to attempt to explain what message you were trying to send with posting that video?
This is where the asylum system fails on 13:39 - Feb 2 with 1193 viewsblueasfook

This is where the asylum system fails on 13:34 - Feb 2 by leitrimblue

Your all for immigration?
So do you want to attempt to explain what message you were trying to send with posting that video?

That was addressed to Herbivore. Nothing to do with you. Not that I need to explain myself to you either.

This is where the asylum system fails on 13:44 - Feb 2 with 1171 viewsleitrimblue

This is where the asylum system fails on 13:39 - Feb 2 by blueasfook

That was addressed to Herbivore. Nothing to do with you. Not that I need to explain myself to you either.

Exactly as I thought. It's quite hard to justify posting anti immigration videos while pretending to be pro immigration.
Your mask is slipping
This is where the asylum system fails on 13:47 - Feb 2 with 1156 viewsBlueschev

This is where the asylum system fails on 12:52 - Feb 2 by blueasfook

Very compelling viewing that. Point proven.
This is where the asylum system fails on 13:52 - Feb 2 with 1132 viewsStokieBlue

This is where the asylum system fails on 13:39 - Feb 2 by blueasfook

This is confusing, are you saying that people should only reply to posts directed to them?

If so, why did you reply to Herbs on this thread?

Just want to make sure I understand the rules so I don't make any faux-pas going forward.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

This is where the asylum system fails on 14:03 - Feb 2 with 1109 viewsblueasfook

This is where the asylum system fails on 13:44 - Feb 2 by leitrimblue

Exactly as I thought. It's quite hard to justify posting anti immigration videos while pretending to be pro immigration.
Your mask is slipping

It's not an anti-immigration video at all. It's more anti-virtue signaller I would say. Perhaps it touched a nerve with you? Sorry if so.

This is where the asylum system fails on 14:11 - Feb 2 with 1081 viewsleitrimblue

This is where the asylum system fails on 14:03 - Feb 2 by blueasfook

It's not an anti-immigration video at all. It's more anti-virtue signaller I would say. Perhaps it touched a nerve with you? Sorry if so.

It's not a anti immigration video .
No it didn't touch a nerve, I'm an immigrant if you wanna give me a home?
This is where the asylum system fails on 14:12 - Feb 2 with 1081 viewsblueasfook

This is where the asylum system fails on 14:11 - Feb 2 by leitrimblue

It's not a anti immigration video .
No it didn't touch a nerve, I'm an immigrant if you wanna give me a home?

Please explain how the video is anti-immigration then. Off you go...

This is where the asylum system fails on 14:21 - Feb 2 with 1046 viewsleitrimblue

This is where the asylum system fails on 14:12 - Feb 2 by blueasfook

Please explain how the video is anti-immigration then. Off you go...

Why? do you think it is pro immigration?
I would suggest the video is some white bloke interviewing people who seem to be concerned with immigration but are for whatever reason incapable of housing immigrants.
Other rednecks are then left to mumble into their chins about ' even these virtue signallers don't want immigrants in there houses' . But of course you know that as an ardent anti racist
This is where the asylum system fails on 14:33 - Feb 2 with 1019 viewsblueasfook

This is where the asylum system fails on 14:21 - Feb 2 by leitrimblue

Why? do you think it is pro immigration?
I would suggest the video is some white bloke interviewing people who seem to be concerned with immigration but are for whatever reason incapable of housing immigrants.
Other rednecks are then left to mumble into their chins about ' even these virtue signallers don't want immigrants in there houses' . But of course you know that as an ardent anti racist

I think it's neither pro or anti-immigration. It is not addressing the question of should immigrants be welcome. It's asking those interviewed if they would be a willing host. I am sorry you seem unable (or unwilling) to make that distinction.

This is where the asylum system fails on 14:36 - Feb 2 with 1004 viewsleitrimblue

This is where the asylum system fails on 14:33 - Feb 2 by blueasfook

I think it's neither pro or anti-immigration. It is not addressing the question of should immigrants be welcome. It's asking those interviewed if they would be a willing host. I am sorry you seem unable (or unwilling) to make that distinction.

I think you know exactly what the message is
Your mask is slipping..
This is where the asylum system fails on 14:40 - Feb 2 with 993 viewsblueasfook

This is where the asylum system fails on 14:36 - Feb 2 by leitrimblue

I think you know exactly what the message is
Your mask is slipping..

Spoken like a true person who lost the argument. Cheerio then.

This is where the asylum system fails on 14:49 - Feb 2 with 975 viewsleitrimblue

This is where the asylum system fails on 14:40 - Feb 2 by blueasfook

Spoken like a true person who lost the argument. Cheerio then.

Perhaps you need to go away and think about it for a while love. Sorry if I've bullied you
This is where the asylum system fails on 14:54 - Feb 2 with 961 viewsHerbivore

This is where the asylum system fails on 14:03 - Feb 2 by blueasfook

The fact you think that video makes a salient point of any kind is very telling.

This is where the asylum system fails on 17:27 - Feb 2 with 866 viewsfactual_blue

This is where the asylum system fails on 07:33 - Feb 2 by Herbivore

Rishi and his party were in government when all of this happened, so whilst they will no doubt look to score political points from an awful and very rare incident, it's a bit rich when it was the asylum system the Tories have overseen for 14 years that they will claim has 'failed'. That said, if his offense had been serious enough for him to be given a custodial sentence of 2 years he would have been deported, are we saying that any criminal charge justifies someone being deported to a country that is unsafe or would it only apply to particular offences? Where does the line get drawn? And if we had deported him, what if he'd gone on to attack women and children in Afghanistan? Would that somehow be a better outcome because it would have happened far away and we wouldn't have heard about it? Think it's too easy to look for simple answers when stuff like this happens when real life is rarely simple.

Sadly the simple can only cope with simple answers.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024