Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why doesn't Burns take on defenders any more? 14:04 - Feb 10 with 670 viewsurbanblue

Seems to continually play it back.
Why doesn't Burns take on defenders any more? on 14:15 - Feb 10 with 634 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Probably doesn’t want to lose possession, because our defence is about as solid as custard.
Why doesn't Burns take on defenders any more? on 14:18 - Feb 10 with 620 viewsbournemouthblue

He has dropped off massively since his haircut

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Why doesn't Burns take on defenders any more? on 14:48 - Feb 10 with 549 viewsRozz

He's never been particularly keen to take on a man with skill or close control. His strength is to knock it past you and burn you for pace, which he can't do effectively in games like today's where there's an extra man covering in behind.
Why doesn't Burns take on defenders any more? on 14:49 - Feb 10 with 531 viewsMalcolmBlue

He’s lost his hair and his confidence

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

Why doesn't Burns take on defenders any more? on 14:50 - Feb 10 with 517 viewsurbanblue

Why doesn't Burns take on defenders any more? on 14:48 - Feb 10 by Rozz

He's never been particularly keen to take on a man with skill or close control. His strength is to knock it past you and burn you for pace, which he can't do effectively in games like today's where there's an extra man covering in behind.

Good point but that begs the question why not change it and bring Hutch on earlier.
Why doesn't Burns take on defenders any more? on 14:52 - Feb 10 with 494 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

That’s why Hutch on 55-60 minutes (latest) was the move for me. There was one instance in the second half Davis hit a lovely cross field ball and he had loads of space and just slowed it down. It was frustrating as we needed to kick on. Also poor a few times in the first half, heavy touch when the keeper presented it to him.
Why doesn't Burns take on defenders any more? on 14:55 - Feb 10 with 464 viewsRozz

Why doesn't Burns take on defenders any more? on 14:50 - Feb 10 by urbanblue

Good point but that begs the question why not change it and bring Hutch on earlier.

That's the golden question. You could see that Hutchinson had a good chance of being more effective in that position the way the game was going.
Why doesn't Burns take on defenders any more? on 14:55 - Feb 10 with 464 viewsurbanblue

Why doesn't Burns take on defenders any more? on 14:52 - Feb 10 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

That’s why Hutch on 55-60 minutes (latest) was the move for me. There was one instance in the second half Davis hit a lovely cross field ball and he had loads of space and just slowed it down. It was frustrating as we needed to kick on. Also poor a few times in the first half, heavy touch when the keeper presented it to him.

I think when that Davis pass happened was when I wrote that post. I was screaming at the TV ...
Login to get fewer ads

Why doesn't Burns take on defenders any more? on 14:57 - Feb 10 with 446 viewsbaxterbasics

WBA organised their defence well today to keep our attack quiet.

I am ready to see Hutch start though.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Why doesn't Burns take on defenders any more? on 14:58 - Feb 10 with 439 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Why doesn't Burns take on defenders any more? on 14:55 - Feb 10 by urbanblue

I think when that Davis pass happened was when I wrote that post. I was screaming at the TV ...

I called for a Hutchinson start but was hoping worse case right after the break if he wasn’t at it again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024