Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best ITFC ever in terms of fitness? 18:09 - Feb 10 with 801 viewsjasondozzell

V noticeable how strongly we finish games compared to other sides. West Brom really started to tire in the last 15 minutes and we looked still full of running.

It's a real strength and I think as we get to closing stages of the season it could be huge thing for us.

A combination of training standards and KMac's changing of the front 4 regularly on 60-70 minutes. Plus the football we play really saps defending teams.

[Post edited 10 Feb 18:09]
Best ITFC ever in terms of fitness? on 18:11 - Feb 10 with 772 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Yep got to be up there, few can match our press game over 90 minutes. How many teams have we played where they intensely press us for the 30 minutes but then run out of gas. Unfortunately by that point they are usually 2-0 up so I guess it doesn’t matter so much…
We also save a lot of energy.... on 18:11 - Feb 10 with 759 viewsBloots

....by not bothering to turn up for the first 20 minutes of each match.

Innit.

Sweardown.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

We also save a lot of energy.... on 18:14 - Feb 10 with 740 viewsjasondozzell

We also save a lot of energy.... on 18:11 - Feb 10 by Bloots

....by not bothering to turn up for the first 20 minutes of each match.

Innit.

Sweardown.

😂😂😁 But once we find our groove again in the opening 15 we are going to be on it.

A lot of bad luck recently. Enough in the performances for me to suggest that we are still well in the hunt for top two, no matter what pundits think.
Best ITFC ever in terms of fitness? on 18:16 - Feb 10 with 729 viewsjasondozzell

Best ITFC ever in terms of fitness? on 18:11 - Feb 10 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Yep got to be up there, few can match our press game over 90 minutes. How many teams have we played where they intensely press us for the 30 minutes but then run out of gas. Unfortunately by that point they are usually 2-0 up so I guess it doesn’t matter so much…

West Brom were rattled at the end. We work teams so hard. Imagine being a full back and trying to get out to Hutch whilst knowing on your inside you've got Sarmiento/Broady etc. Making runs on you.
Best ITFC ever in terms of fitness? on 18:43 - Feb 10 with 672 viewsfranz_tyson

Question: When was the last time we've had an injury-time winner? Don't think we've had it under Kmac. Was it Celina under Cookie?
Best ITFC ever in terms of fitness? on 18:50 - Feb 10 with 647 viewsSitfcB

Talking of that… we’ve got an extra day on Millwall, just seen they okay Coventry away tomorrow.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Best ITFC ever in terms of fitness? on 19:12 - Feb 10 with 609 viewspointofblue

Perhaps it's because we rarely turn up in the first 15 minutes? The sluggish starts - from everyone, not just the much maligned defence, are costing us.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Best ITFC ever in terms of fitness? on 19:48 - Feb 10 with 548 viewsiamatractorboy

It's like those pursuit track cyclists that have a very high gear ratio. They start off very sluggishly and they look miles behind, but by the end of the race they are flying and lapping much faster than the other competitors. Unfortunately we seem to run out of time just when we are dominating the matches. Leicester away, PNE last week, today, I reckon another ten mins and 5 additional points.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024