Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Miners strike, the front line. 21:03 - Feb 18 with 5631 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

BBC2 now.

Edit....the things I saw and then seeing how it was reported changed me forever.
[Post edited 18 Feb 21:05]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Miners strike, the front line. on 17:15 - Feb 20 with 249 viewsRadlett_blue

Miners strike, the front line. on 15:23 - Feb 20 by ITFC_Forever

Yes, I know Duckenfield was to blame on the day, the subsequent cover up was SYP and West Mids covering up.... but the initial response to the problems at the Leppings Lane end was to assume it was football fans causing trouble and (by some officers) to forcibly push people off the fences they were climbing to escape and back into the pens, and generally treat them like scum.

And it was a more general point that it is likely there would have been officers at both events, whether they were involved directly in the bad stuff the police did or not.

By that time, the die was cast and many lives would still have been lost. I also have sympathy for the police in naturally assuming it was yet another pointless pitch invasion, as these had happened so often that fences had been put up. The hostile, containing attitude of police to football fans still remains.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Miners strike, the front line. on 17:47 - Feb 20 with 198 viewsbluelagos

Miners strike, the front line. on 17:15 - Feb 20 by Radlett_blue

By that time, the die was cast and many lives would still have been lost. I also have sympathy for the police in naturally assuming it was yet another pointless pitch invasion, as these had happened so often that fences had been put up. The hostile, containing attitude of police to football fans still remains.

Some context - Evidence at the inquests was clear that over 40 lives could have saved with an effective emergency response. So whilst you're right that many lives would have still been lost, the police response (or lack of) was directly responsible for many additional deaths.

They even refused ambulances entry to the stadium ffs.

And Duckenfield failed to call a catastrophe for which there was then a preplanned emergency response. Another of his fck ups, he called for tactical support instead.

The SY ambulance service were far from blameless too. The call log of the call from the police emergency room - the police caller (to his credit) asked for "all available" ambulances to be sent to the stadium. The ambulance service initially sent 3 ambulances. When the first one arrived they then finally dispatched all available ambulances. (They were sticking to the protocol that a catastrophe hadn't been called)

SY ambulance staff too gave dishonest testimony at the inquiry - albeit without pointing the finger at others for their incompetence.

Anyhow - match to go to.

Come on the towen.
[Post edited 20 Feb 17:49]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024