Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We're scoring for fun again, since the end of the transfer window 23:27 - Feb 20 with 781 viewsDubtractor

Lots of (understandable) grumbling about the performance tonight, so I'm going to highlight a major positive of the last few weeks.

Since the end of the window, and in particular getting Moore in, we've started scoring for fun again. 14 goals in 5 games, and that after a run where we were finding goals much harder to come by.

Appreciate that the level of opponent helps, though we did draw also blanks against both QPR and Stoke in the dry run, but it gives much more confidence that we can overcome the occasional (!) defensive lapse if we're able to score at will.
[Post edited 21 Feb 9:20]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

We're scoring for fun again, since the end of the transfer window on 23:31 - Feb 20 with 737 viewshomer_123

A highlight tonight was Clarkes pass for Burns to square for Moores goal.

Sublime!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

We're scoring for fun again, since the end of the transfer window on 23:36 - Feb 20 with 706 viewsFunge

We're scoring for fun again, since the end of the transfer window on 23:31 - Feb 20 by homer_123

A highlight tonight was Clarkes pass for Burns to square for Moores goal.

Sublime!

There was a ball from Sarmiento out wide to Burns in the lead-up to the first goal, that was almost as good.
We're scoring for fun again, since the end of the transfer window on 09:17 - Feb 21 with 433 viewsSteve_M

We're scoring for fun again, since the end of the transfer window on 23:36 - Feb 20 by Funge

There was a ball from Sarmiento out wide to Burns in the lead-up to the first goal, that was almost as good.

It was. I thought Burns should have done better with the first shot there really, but we kept the ball alive for a second phase.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

We're scoring for fun again, since the end of the transfer window on 10:03 - Feb 21 with 359 viewsChurchman

Ten goals in seven days, three wins. Ok, the defence was a bit meh last night and how many depends on the opposition. Call it twelve in four games if you want to add a tougher opponent in. If you are scoring at a rate of three a game you are not going to lose too many.

Moore has made a tremendous difference. He’s not the best centre forward I’ve ever seen but four in four and the way the opposition is being opened up for others to score too, he’s been great.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024