Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting article 11:04 - Feb 25 with 2173 viewsleitrimblue

An Ipswich Town Promotion Is Essential For The Premier League https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakgarnerpurkis/2024/02/24/an-ipswich-town-promotio
Interesting article on 11:15 - Feb 25 with 2051 viewsNthQldITFC

Bloke clearly knows what he's talking about.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Interesting article on 11:23 - Feb 25 with 1985 viewsleitrimblue

Interesting article on 11:15 - Feb 25 by NthQldITFC

Bloke clearly knows what he's talking about.

Not everyday you get a Town article in Forbes
Interesting article on 11:41 - Feb 25 with 1888 viewsWeWereZombies

Only problem is that it doesn't have to be Ipswich, the argument he makes could apply to any team that has bot been in the Premier League (or has been absent for a decade or more.) But it is an interesting perspective, what it leaves out (and I expected from Forbes) is the impact that Gamechanger have made for us, the financial stability compared to the living off the crumbs of the Marcus Evans enterprise that we had to endure beforehand provided the foundation for the current challenge.
[Post edited 25 Feb 11:52]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Interesting article on 11:50 - Feb 25 with 1851 viewsleitrimblue

Interesting article on 11:41 - Feb 25 by WeWereZombies

Only problem is that it doesn't have to be Ipswich, the argument he makes could apply to any team that has bot been in the Premier League (or has been absent for a decade or more.) But it is an interesting perspective, what it leaves out (and I expected from Forbes) is the impact that Gamechanger have made for us, the financial stability compared to the living off the crumbs of the Marcus Evans enterprise that we had to endure beforehand provided the foundation for the current challenge.

To be honest when first seen it I imagined the article was gonna be about the transformation that gamechanger have achieved and how they were constructing a framework for future Premier league success.
Still enjoyed it though
Interesting article on 11:57 - Feb 25 with 1794 viewspointofblue

Interesting article on 11:41 - Feb 25 by WeWereZombies

The best result for the Premier League in their defence of financial doping would be Ipswich going up automatically then Preston via the play offs (or maybe Coventry). Only one relegated side bouncing straight up, and the other two either not being in the top flight for a long time, relatively speaking, or at all.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Interesting article on 13:27 - Feb 25 with 1559 viewsSawtrich

Interesting article on 11:23 - Feb 25 by leitrimblue

Not everyday you get a Town article in Forbes

Not every day you see football and integrity in the same sentence.
Interesting article on 13:37 - Feb 25 with 1516 viewstcblue

I was thinking about similar things to this. And I don't know if I want us to go up.

Bear with me here.

The quality of the Championship this season has been excellent - obviously us being so competitive helps my view - but I dunno, I've watched some PL this season and it looks plastic, turgid and frankly crap in terms of competitiveness compared to the Championship.

I think my view is slightly clouded by not really having watched much PL from when we got into the playoffs last time, but it feels like it isn't proper football.

Is there a way we can just get the FL to fully breakaway from the Marketing League?
Interesting article on 13:39 - Feb 25 with 1510 viewsEuropablue

This year is a bit of a freak year. Leicester never should have been relegated and Leeds and Southampton had so many assets that the player sales would have made a huge difference even without the parachute payments.
Login to get fewer ads

Interesting article on 13:44 - Feb 25 with 1475 viewspointofblue

The other issue the Premier League has is Burnley, Sheffield United and Luton could be the three that go down. So if Leicester, Leeds and Southampton go up the Premier League will contain exactly the same clubs as last season.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Interesting article on 20:55 - Feb 25 with 1182 viewsWeWereZombies

Interesting article on 13:37 - Feb 25 by tcblue

I was thinking about similar things to this. And I don't know if I want us to go up.

Bear with me here.

The quality of the Championship this season has been excellent - obviously us being so competitive helps my view - but I dunno, I've watched some PL this season and it looks plastic, turgid and frankly crap in terms of competitiveness compared to the Championship.

I think my view is slightly clouded by not really having watched much PL from when we got into the playoffs last time, but it feels like it isn't proper football.

Is there a way we can just get the FL to fully breakaway from the Marketing League?

I occasionally have a daydream about a North Sea League. We finish top of the second tier by a huge margin but snub the Premier League and join a new outfit that includes Ajax, Feyenoord, Anderlecht, PSV, Lille, FC Copenhagen, Aberdeen, Molde, Goteberg, Hamburg, St Pauli and maybe, just maybe Nodge and Newcastle. We would be playing in Europe almost every other week.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Interesting article on 21:30 - Feb 25 with 1071 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Interesting article on 11:57 - Feb 25 by pointofblue

The best result for the Premier League in their defence of financial doping would be Ipswich going up automatically then Preston via the play offs (or maybe Coventry). Only one relegated side bouncing straight up, and the other two either not being in the top flight for a long time, relatively speaking, or at all.

Then they'd probably claim they will have to increase the payments, as they're clearly not helping enough...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024