Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moore 11:33 - Feb 26 with 4004 viewstractorboy1978

A lot of talk of us having to adapt how we play to accommodate Moore, but other than that second half at Preston to an extent, it hasn't really happened yet has it? I expected us to perhaps look to get earlier crosses into the box and really use his aerial prowess but we've carried on in our usual style being patient and looking to work openings.

That being said, there has been moments when we've been able to beat the press by clipping a ball into Moore and we've seen Hladly go longer at times. His hold up play has been exceptional. I can't say we've really missed any facet of Hirst's game (not a criticism) and he has the additional quality of aerial dominance in both boxes. We really could not have done any better in terms of finding 'Hirst 2.0'.
Moore is better than Hirst…. on 16:02 - Feb 26 with 563 viewstextbackup

Moore is better than Hirst…. on 14:37 - Feb 26 by GlasgowBlue

If was was in McKenna's shoes I'd start a fit Hirst, who would press the defence more and run them ragged. Then put Moore on for the second half who would pulverise a tired defence.

Yeah who am I kidding, who I’d play means absolutely nothing, our brilliant manager would make the right call… even if he left both on the bench and started Jackson, there would be a reason why he’d opt for that, and why it would work!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Moore on 16:04 - Feb 26 with 549 viewstextbackup

Moore on 13:19 - Feb 26 by Steve_M

He's worked hard since he's been here, think he's struggled to manage more than 25 minutes of using the ball well at times but he was very good at Millwall and I think it was most of the ground who expected something from him in those situations second half. i thought Laird had a pretty good game for Birmingham at left back too.

First couple of games he looked so far from a Town player, no desire to do the hard work.
But that Swansea home game (I think it was) he looked like he’d taken on board everything KM had told him, and never looked back.

Frightening really to think just how much better KM could make the average premier league player.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Moore on 04:35 - Feb 27 with 365 viewsIPS_wich

Different players but both serve the same purpose in our system which is to regularly occupy both opposition centre halves and therefore create space for the three other attacking players to move into.

Hirst does it through his mobility and aggressiveness, Moore does it by being an existential threat due to his size, plus he is also quite mobile.

Before we signed Moore we had Jackson running his socks off like Hirst but without applying any pressure on the centre halves; or Freddie who despite being a big unit never occupied more than one centre half - which is why neither could give the team setup what it needed in terms of creating space for the others.

It's no surprise we're scoring for fun again now that Moore is getting the two centre halves out of position in the same way that Hirst does - and no surprise that the goals are coming mostly from the three players sitting just behind the striker.

The third goal at the weekend was the epitome of this - Moore took both centre halves out of the game with his positioning and then the quality of his flick on and Hutchison had a free run at goal.

I'd happily sign Moore in the summer because what Hirst's injury has shown us is that we are so reliant on the number 9 performing that function. Also, with the way McKenna freshens up the forwards with his substitutes can you imagine what a threat it will be to take Moore off after 65/70 minutes to then have Hirst come on (or vice versa). And the beauty of this loan is that we now know both can make McKenna's preferred system work.
Moore on 07:32 - Feb 27 with 307 viewsBlueBoots

Moore on 16:04 - Feb 26 by textbackup

First couple of games he looked so far from a Town player, no desire to do the hard work.
But that Swansea home game (I think it was) he looked like he’d taken on board everything KM had told him, and never looked back.

Frightening really to think just how much better KM could make the average premier league player.

Think you're wide of the mark with the "no desire" comment...Moore has hardly played for Bournemouth this season - he's already played almost twice as many minutes for us as he did in the whole of the first half of the season.

It was always going to be more a question of managing his fitness levels to get him up to speed to play at our intensity, plus him adjusting to that on the pitch. Last thing we'd need is him tearing a hamstring in the first couple of games from lack of match fitness.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Moore on 07:50 - Feb 27 with 284 viewsJakeITFC

Moore on 07:32 - Feb 27 by BlueBoots

Think you're wide of the mark with the "no desire" comment...Moore has hardly played for Bournemouth this season - he's already played almost twice as many minutes for us as he did in the whole of the first half of the season.

It was always going to be more a question of managing his fitness levels to get him up to speed to play at our intensity, plus him adjusting to that on the pitch. Last thing we'd need is him tearing a hamstring in the first couple of games from lack of match fitness.

Think he was talking about Omari.
Moore on 08:04 - Feb 27 with 256 viewsBlueBoots

Moore on 07:50 - Feb 27 by JakeITFC

Think he was talking about Omari.

Apologies..didn't see that the thread had gone off-topic...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024