Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone here ever ridden the Severn Bore? 09:58 - Mar 12 with 1094 viewsNthQldITFC

(A genuine question, but I also predict a few creative and saucy responses to this post!)

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Anyone here ever ridden the Severn Bore? on 10:01 - Mar 12 with 1073 viewsNthQldITFC

Very British.

'Lloyd Russell has travelled all the way from Cornwall to surf the Severn Bore.

He told the BBC's Today programme: "It's muddy, it's dirty, it's not glamorous.

"Everything smells. A little bit of poo and muddy rivers.

"You get out of the river and you're absolutely caked in mud. It's quite fun really. Sliding down the river banks."'

Anyone here ever ridden the Severn Bore? on 10:06 - Mar 12 with 1052 viewsGuthrum

I've seen some very impressive ones, but never surfed it myself.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anyone here ever ridden the Severn Bore? on 10:07 - Mar 12 with 1048 viewsITFC_Forever

I've seen videos of it and my cousin has watched them doing it, but never given it a go.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone here ever ridden the Severn Bore? on 10:20 - Mar 12 with 1000 viewsNthQldITFC

Hahaha - this just made me laugh so much - the fella closest to the camera from about 15minutes in on this video was giving it the old slippy-slidy Billy Big Ballocks backwards and forwards near the camera boat, then realised he was falling off the back of the wave a bit so bent down and started paddling withe his hands which wasn't quite enough, so then got down on his belly to really give it some but failed and fell off the back of the wave.

The frustrated/embarrassed slap of the water with both hands on camera was a joy to behold.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-gloucestershire-68533039

It's the 43m01s video which was the live feed I think - not sure if you can link direct to a BBC News video.

Anyone here ever ridden the Severn Bore? on 10:22 - Mar 12 with 975 viewsITFC_Forever

Anyone here ever ridden the Severn Bore? on 10:20 - Mar 12 by NthQldITFC

Hahaha - this just made me laugh so much - the fella closest to the camera from about 15minutes in on this video was giving it the old slippy-slidy Billy Big Ballocks backwards and forwards near the camera boat, then realised he was falling off the back of the wave a bit so bent down and started paddling withe his hands which wasn't quite enough, so then got down on his belly to really give it some but failed and fell off the back of the wave.

The frustrated/embarrassed slap of the water with both hands on camera was a joy to behold.

It's the 43m01s video which was the live feed I think - not sure if you can link direct to a BBC News video.

My question is how do they get back to their start point where I presume they have left their car?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone here ever ridden the Severn Bore? on 10:27 - Mar 12 with 953 viewsleitrimblue

No just her sister and she was only slightly less boring
Anyone here ever ridden the Severn Bore? on 10:51 - Mar 12 with 900 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

Anyone here ever ridden the Severn Bore? on 10:20 - Mar 12 by NthQldITFC

If you thought that was funny, have a look at this from this morning's BBC Breakfast. Go to the interview that starts at 1:27:18 and look out for the caption that pops up just after the surfer's name appears on the screen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001x7tm/breakfast-12032024

I'm not sure he'll appreciate being called that !
Anyone here ever ridden the Severn Bore? on 10:54 - Mar 12 with 896 viewsNthQldITFC

Anyone here ever ridden the Severn Bore? on 10:51 - Mar 12 by Portmanteauxcurling

If you thought that was funny, have a look at this from this morning's BBC Breakfast. Go to the interview that starts at 1:27:18 and look out for the caption that pops up just after the surfer's name appears on the screen.

I'm glad the BBC have been reading TWTD and recognise my pre-eminence!

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone here ever ridden the Severn Bore? on 15:29 - Mar 12 with 691 viewsEatonBlue

When I worked in financial services, a new sales manager used the Severn Bore as an analogy for being a successful salesperson (riding the wave) and an unsuccessful one (standing on the riverbank). Pure David Brent.
Anyone here ever ridden the Severn Bore? on 17:48 - Mar 12 with 603 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone here ever ridden the Severn Bore? on 10:51 - Mar 12 by Portmanteauxcurling

I'm sure nobody will mention it to him.

Is he in fact Paul Whitehouse?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone here ever ridden the Severn Bore? on 17:48 - Mar 12 with 602 viewsGuthrum

Anyone here ever ridden the Severn Bore? on 10:22 - Mar 12 by ITFC_Forever

My question is how do they get back to their start point where I presume they have left their car?

Paddle hard when the tide goes back out again.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anyone here ever ridden the Severn Bore? on 06:16 - Mar 13 with 477 viewsMJallday

Used to go watch it when I lived in Gloucester. However the Severn isn’t exactly the most clean of rivers so I had no desire to get in it.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024