Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I haven't seen it mentioned, but the 47th minute applause 16:56 - Mar 17 with 1260 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

for Matt Newman - I thought it was lovely (and particularly for his relatives) that it ended with a goal. Quite poignant, really.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I haven't seen it mentioned, but the 47th minute applause (n/t) (n/t) on 17:52 - Mar 17 with 1108 viewshammo56

Agreed. I first met Matt and his dad 25 years ago at an away game. He will be sadly missed by all that knew him.
[Post edited 17 Mar 17:56]
I haven't seen it mentioned, but the 47th minute applause on 18:18 - Mar 17 with 1021 viewsPerublue

Glad you brought that up,I meant to check back on here to see if there was any mention but I missed it if there was...I think it was the last second of the minute it went in too....perfect.
[Post edited 17 Mar 18:19]

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

I haven't seen it mentioned, but the 47th minute applause on 18:23 - Mar 17 with 992 viewsScottCandage

I noted it in the chat room. Matt scored that goal.
[Post edited 17 Mar 18:23]
I haven't seen it mentioned, but the 47th minute applause on 18:30 - Mar 17 with 961 viewsSuffolkSpezial

I haven't seen it mentioned, but the 47th minute applause on 18:23 - Mar 17 by ScottCandage

I noted it in the chat room. Matt scored that goal.
[Post edited 17 Mar 18:23]

Not ashamed to say it brought a tear to my eye. Well played Matt x
I haven't seen it mentioned, but the 47th minute applause on 18:44 - Mar 17 with 879 viewspointofblue

Not the first time that's happened at Portman Road. I can't remember who the applause was for, or who scored, but pretty sure there was a round of applause which was followed by a goal against Forest one year.

Very poignant on both occasions.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I haven't seen it mentioned, but the 47th minute applause on 19:08 - Mar 17 with 801 viewsPhilTWTD

I haven't seen it mentioned, but the 47th minute applause on 18:44 - Mar 17 by pointofblue

Not the first time that's happened at Portman Road. I can't remember who the applause was for, or who scored, but pretty sure there was a round of applause which was followed by a goal against Forest one year.

I think Daryl Murphy scored on that occasion.
I haven't seen it mentioned, but the 47th minute applause on 19:33 - Mar 17 with 745 viewsDinDjarin

I haven't seen it mentioned, but the 47th minute applause on 18:44 - Mar 17 by pointofblue

Sure the Bobby Robson match v Newcastle there were goals scored at meaningful minutes
I haven't seen it mentioned, but the 47th minute applause on 21:09 - Mar 17 with 616 viewsIMOM

Thank you for mentioning it Flashing. I'm Frazer one of the mentioned friends of Matt's in the twtd article and have been liaising with Phil about the publicity, and also Seb Norton in the comms team at the club. It was just incredible yesterday, first and foremost the minute's applause with Matt's picture up on the big screen, then of course Hutchinson scoring at the end of it was more than you could have scripted. There is a whatsapp group amongst all Matt's family, friends and wider support group and the video of the minute was circulated widely yesterday, with plenty of lumps in throats as we all watched it and wondered at the brilliance of Town fans and the club. ITFC was his life, and yesterday could not have been a more fitting tribute. Andy and I cannot thank Phil and the club enough, and all our fellow town fans, you're legends.
[Post edited 17 Mar 21:19]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024