Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Recovery after an injury 17:34 - Mar 19 with 875 viewsFrimleyBlue

Just come across this and thought it shows a great example of how much a players body can change following an injury and why there can be such a long return time and also why many go through other injuries as they try and get back to pre injury football.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Recovery after an injury on 18:15 - Mar 19 with 791 viewsSheffordBlue

That's quite incredible.

We do tend to hear of lots of players who have a major injury and then it's followed up by further injuries and I think there's often a link. What we don't hear about so much is players who have a serious injury and then return with no real issues - is this because it doesn't happen or because we don't tend to hear/notice it.

It would be interesting to see some data on the recovery rates for those with serious injuries who don't have a reoccurrence /related injury afterwards

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Recovery after an injury on 18:23 - Mar 19 with 779 viewsCoastalblue

I ruptured my achilles a few years ago playing 5 a side and ended up in a boot for 9 months in the end. When the boot was gone my calf was less that half the size of the other, though I do have chunky legs.

Being a man in his mid 50's, even now there is a considerable difference ebtween the two, I'm sure if I were still in my 20's playing lots of sport it wouldn't be the case. I was actually shocked at the muscle wastage even in a barely fit, overweight middle aged man.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Recovery after an injury on 10:07 - Mar 20 with 477 viewsRobTheMonk

I had my arm in a sling for 6 weeks after my first shoulder operation. Just raising my arm above my head was an effort.

After my last operation on it, I was out of the sling quicker, but the physio really had to work with my arm to get range of motion back.

Nice to see you back too.
Recovery after an injury on 10:49 - Mar 20 with 426 viewsArnieM

The Quads are the fastest wasting muscle in the body ... and take months of rehab to regain ( if ever fully) ...but for elite players that 1-2 % can make significant impact of their performance at the higher levels.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024