Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sliced Bread 12:58 - Mar 21 with 871 viewsNthQldITFC

For anyone who's unaware of it, there's a really superb, user-friendly Radio 4 series which has been going for a while now called Sliced Bread, which investigates product types against generic marketing claims and comes to a conclusion as to whether they are 'the best thing since sliced bread' or marketing bullsh!t'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001xdbx

This one today on Dishwashers (with a lot of environmental impact focus) was really good and has certainly challenged my opinions on them. It does help ven ze expert being consulted has ze German accent a leetle, but hey.

It's a really good series, pitched at a layman's level but with well-structured questioning and information.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Sliced Bread on 14:29 - Mar 21 with 685 viewsTractorBrew

Agree, it is an excellent show covering some very good topics.

The waygu beef one is especially insightful!
Sliced Bread on 15:01 - Mar 21 with 628 viewsTresBonne

The thing that makes me laugh about marketing is.

Everything seems to have been made the "Which? choice for x and x" in some year. But no one actually knows what it means.
Sliced Bread on 20:41 - Mar 21 with 498 viewsfactual_blue

Sliced Bread on 15:01 - Mar 21 by TresBonne

The thing that makes me laugh about marketing is.

Everything seems to have been made the "Which? choice for x and x" in some year. But no one actually knows what it means.

I've heard it said that there are two problems with marketing. The first is that only 10% of marketing makes a difference. The second is that nobody knows which 10%.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Sliced Bread on 20:59 - Mar 21 with 458 viewsOldsmoker

Sliced Bread on 20:41 - Mar 21 by factual_blue

I've heard it said that there are two problems with marketing. The first is that only 10% of marketing makes a difference. The second is that nobody knows which 10%.

I knew a guy who was doing a degree in Business Management and he'd had a lecture on Marketing. The Lecturer told the assembled throng that the best Marketing campaign ever was at least 6,000 years old and still going strong.
Religion.
They have convinced millions to invest in a product that cost nothing to make and can only be collected after death.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024