Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celebrate 16:23 - Apr 14 with 1462 viewsflykickingbybgunn

This is inspired by a conversation with 3 generations of blues on a train to Lowestoft on Saturday. I hope they got their flag back.

The time is coming close. We know it is going to happen.The last game against Hudders. But have the club learnt from the fiasco that was the end of the last game last year. I doubt it.

They have tried to reduce the problem by getting many of those who they perceive will run on the pitch by moving them upstairs to Block A of the Cobbold. However, there will still be many who want to run on at the end of the season and celebrate. 

The powers that be should recognise the pleasure for supporters being out there where their heroes have been a few minutes earlier. In past years I have done it and it is a wonderful, joyful experience and a whole different perspective of the ground.

Supporters on the pitch at the end of such a season is a positive thing. But they say the safety of the players must be paramount !    I agree, so why did they handle it so appallingly badly last year ?

Mostly arrogance I expect. "This is my club, I have bought it and you supporters will do what you are told. And I am telling you not to run on the pitch". 

Mmmm. That went well did n't it.

What they need to do is plan for a peaceful pitch invasion. Set sensible rules. We're Ipswich, we will comply.

I suggest 
Tell the supporters that at the end of the game they must allow the players to get off the pitch. 
When the Ref blows his whistle they have 10 minutes to run on, dance and enjoy the moment. "Come on you Blues".
At the next blowing of the whistle they must all return to the stands.  
So that the players, their wives and kids can come on and take on a very well deserved lap of honour.   
After all, who in Blue does not want to see that after the season we have had.
But no, they won't learn. 
They have n't learnt about the Norwich tickets. 
It will be a fiasco again.
Prove me wrong.
Celebrate on 17:11 - Apr 14 with 1330 viewsBuhrer

So you just want some time jumping about on the pitch, without the players, while 20,000 other fans can't praise the players, only you on the pitch. And then at the end of this non fiasco, a whistle will blow and everyone will follow that rule, and leave in an orderly fashion, finally allowing everyone to praise the players again.

Bollo cks.
Celebrate on 17:14 - Apr 14 with 1320 viewsTheBoyBlue

I suspect it's not a choice just by the club (indeed I got the impression that the likes of Ashton and the players quite enjoyed it against Exeter). One imagines there is big pressure from the EFL not to allow pitch invasions as unfortunately a notable number of 'supporters' nationwide have shown they can't be trusted with such flexibility.

Also, can't see some patiently waiting for the players to leave the pitch, but additionally as shown last season and by other clubs it is basically impossible to stop hundreds of fans wanting to get on the pitch which I assume is why the club have to be so strong and clear in their messaging.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Celebrate on 17:20 - Apr 14 with 1291 viewstextbackup

Celebrate on 17:14 - Apr 14 by TheBoyBlue

I suspect it's not a choice just by the club (indeed I got the impression that the likes of Ashton and the players quite enjoyed it against Exeter). One imagines there is big pressure from the EFL not to allow pitch invasions as unfortunately a notable number of 'supporters' nationwide have shown they can't be trusted with such flexibility.

Also, can't see some patiently waiting for the players to leave the pitch, but additionally as shown last season and by other clubs it is basically impossible to stop hundreds of fans wanting to get on the pitch which I assume is why the club have to be so strong and clear in their messaging.

The players did love it

But of course this is Ipswich, our wet lettuce fan base booed the fun

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Celebrate on 17:29 - Apr 14 with 1234 views_clive_baker_

Contestants, you will go on my 1st whistle.
Celebrate on 17:32 - Apr 14 with 1217 viewswitchdoctor

the lap of ‘honour’ last season was a sh1t show anyway…loads left…fed up with waiting ..before the players ..and their families actually got up to the north stand end..
Celebrate on 17:34 - Apr 14 with 1208 viewswithyblue

Let's get promotion secured before we worry about this again
Celebrate on 17:49 - Apr 14 with 1169 viewsSitfcB

Seeing how the owners and Ashton are then they would’ve wanted a full on property pitch invasion, but the club have to be seen to make efforts to deter it, that’s what avoids the fines - Sheffield Wednesday got fined because their PA man played music encouraging the fans that were on the pitch and the lack of instruction to get off (That wasn’t there main reason for the fine as there was some trouble as well but a contributing factor)

Last season the club prepared for a pitch invasion as they ball boys/girls and press photographers were all ushered to the tunnel area from the sidelines plus police and stewards along the hoardings.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Celebrate on 18:20 - Apr 14 with 1050 viewsmutters

Imagine being at work when suddenly 20k+ people surge toward you, these people don't just want to say hello, they want to touch you, pull your hair, kiss you, hug you, touch the shirt, take a picture with you

Some may be fine with it, others could find it pretty scary and overly intense. They has to be a balance, the supporters think (well some of them) that they have a right to invade people's space.

Also what about the player wanting to enjoy the momenr.

I do get it, I truly do. I was in the pitch when went up in 1992 and it was an amazing feeling. However I do feel times have moved on.

Just respect whatever the club wants, that's probably the best approach. However your posting does raise and good topic to discuss with the club and see if an agreement could be made to made (most)! People happy

However we aren't there yet
[Post edited 14 Apr 18:21]

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

Celebrate on 18:28 - Apr 14 with 997 viewsSitfcB

Celebrate on 18:20 - Apr 14 by mutters

Imagine being at work when suddenly 20k+ people surge toward you, these people don't just want to say hello, they want to touch you, pull your hair, kiss you, hug you, touch the shirt, take a picture with you

Some may be fine with it, others could find it pretty scary and overly intense. They has to be a balance, the supporters think (well some of them) that they have a right to invade people's space.

Also what about the player wanting to enjoy the momenr.

I do get it, I truly do. I was in the pitch when went up in 1992 and it was an amazing feeling. However I do feel times have moved on.

Just respect whatever the club wants, that's probably the best approach. However your posting does raise and good topic to discuss with the club and see if an agreement could be made to made (most)! People happy

However we aren't there yet
[Post edited 14 Apr 18:21]

For Chesterfield the other week the red got all the players over to the touchline near the tunnel and then blew the whistle. Best way of doing it.

Bayer Leverkusen today…

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Celebrate on 18:47 - Apr 14 with 964 viewsmutters

Celebrate on 18:28 - Apr 14 by SitfcB

For Chesterfield the other week the red got all the players over to the touchline near the tunnel and then blew the whistle. Best way of doing it.

Bayer Leverkusen today…

😂😂

Officials had no chance!

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Celebrate on 19:06 - Apr 14 with 942 viewstextbackup

Celebrate on 17:49 - Apr 14 by SitfcB

Seeing how the owners and Ashton are then they would’ve wanted a full on property pitch invasion, but the club have to be seen to make efforts to deter it, that’s what avoids the fines - Sheffield Wednesday got fined because their PA man played music encouraging the fans that were on the pitch and the lack of instruction to get off (That wasn’t there main reason for the fine as there was some trouble as well but a contributing factor)

Last season the club prepared for a pitch invasion as they ball boys/girls and press photographers were all ushered to the tunnel area from the sidelines plus police and stewards along the hoardings.

Ashton told the police he’d pay the fine!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Celebrate on 19:19 - Apr 14 with 901 viewsflykickingbybgunn

Celebrate on 17:11 - Apr 14 by Buhrer

So you just want some time jumping about on the pitch, without the players, while 20,000 other fans can't praise the players, only you on the pitch. And then at the end of this non fiasco, a whistle will blow and everyone will follow that rule, and leave in an orderly fashion, finally allowing everyone to praise the players again.

Bollo cks.

I would just point out I have been on the pitch in 1968 and 1992 and dont need to again. But some youngsters will want to and that will help cement their feeling for the club. And they are the future.
Celebrate on 19:35 - Apr 14 with 849 viewsSwansea_Blue

Celebrate on 18:28 - Apr 14 by SitfcB

Bayer Leverkusen today…

Love it. Football without passionate fans means feck all. Just look back to the empty stadiums during Covid for how that goes, or the Club England section at Wembley for the sanitised corporate version.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Celebrate on 20:39 - May 2 with 320 viewsflykickingbybgunn

Celebrate on 19:35 - Apr 14 by Swansea_Blue

Love it. Football without passionate fans means feck all. Just look back to the empty stadiums during Covid for how that goes, or the Club England section at Wembley for the sanitised corporate version.

The club needs to take this on board now! There is going to be a pitch invasion. Plan for it !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024