Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Clattenburg is nottingham forest's refree analyst 07:11 - Apr 22 with 935 viewsBondiBlue

What the smeg is a referee analyst and why would a club need one?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68870230

Poll: Which would you accept?

Mark Clattenburg is nottingham forest's refree analyst on 07:25 - Apr 22 with 873 viewsITFC_Forever

Because Forest’s owner is a cry baby and Clattenburg is happy to pick up the easy money?

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Mark Clattenburg is nottingham forest's refree analyst on 07:32 - Apr 22 with 847 viewsFrimleyBlue

If used correctly it actually could be quite smart

Each ref is of course different and how they interpret the rules themselves. Some are very lenient on shirt pulling some aren't. Some let games run some blow the whistle with every contact of a player.

It could be help minimise the number of fouls you give or even work In your favour if you have a ref who's known to give easy freekicks away then you ask the player to make a foul rather than stay on feet.. ala Chaplin when he does his little bend over and drop stuff.

I have no idea of the numbers are accurate enough for any of the above to be true... however I can see the logic In it.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Mark Clattenburg is nottingham forest's refree analyst on 08:02 - Apr 22 with 758 viewschicoazul

When we are promoted I truly hope we don’t become as classless and tinpot as Forest have become, a great club I have always liked and thought of as one of our contemporaries.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Mark Clattenburg is nottingham forest's refree analyst on 08:07 - Apr 22 with 739 viewsDanTheMan

Mark Clattenburg is nottingham forest's refree analyst on 08:02 - Apr 22 by chicoazul

When we are promoted I truly hope we don’t become as classless and tinpot as Forest have become, a great club I have always liked and thought of as one of our contemporaries.

Their owner is notorious for being like this with his other clubs.

Imagine if we put out something like that publicly.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Mark Clattenburg is nottingham forest's refree analyst on 08:10 - Apr 22 with 721 viewschicoazul

Mark Clattenburg is nottingham forest's refree analyst on 08:07 - Apr 22 by DanTheMan

Their owner is notorious for being like this with his other clubs.

Imagine if we put out something like that publicly.

Consider our options, hilarious. Bet the powers that be are quaking in their boots.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Mark Clattenburg is nottingham forest's refree analyst on 09:42 - Apr 22 with 512 viewsBasuco

Mark Clattenburg is nottingham forest's refree analyst on 07:32 - Apr 22 by FrimleyBlue

Each ref is of course different and how they interpret the rules themselves. Some are very lenient on shirt pulling some aren't. Some let games run some blow the whistle with every contact of a player.

It could be help minimise the number of fouls you give or even work In your favour if you have a ref who's known to give easy freekicks away then you ask the player to make a foul rather than stay on feet.. ala Chaplin when he does his little bend over and drop stuff.

I have no idea of the numbers are accurate enough for any of the above to be true... however I can see the logic In it.

Apart from one rule (I think it is still the case) all the rules of football are open to interpretation. So as you say different refs will give different interpretations to the same incident. As we have seen at Portman Road, the same ref will sometimes give a different interpretation in the same game. The only rule to be set in stone is where a goalkeeper has hold of the ball. Also when attending games as a neutral supporter you often see decisions differently to the fans around you.
Mark Clattenburg is nottingham forest's refree analyst on 09:48 - Apr 22 with 487 viewsRadlett_blue

Mark Clattenburg is nottingham forest's refree analyst on 07:32 - Apr 22 by FrimleyBlue

Exactly. A big factor in international rugby is knowing how the referee, often from a different hemisphere, is likely to interpret the laws, especially at the breakdown.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024