Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are Blue Action doing? 20:00 - May 1 with 6227 viewsITFC_84

I thought the general consensus was that we should be keeping everything as ‘normal’ as possible for the team?
The coach welcome didn’t quite work for Norwich, therefore let’s postpone this until after Saturday’s game. Surely?
What are Blue Action doing? on 16:43 - May 2 with 751 viewsSawtrich

What are Blue Action doing? on 22:57 - May 1 by Bobbychase

Coach welcomes are not celebrations

I find it strange that this simple and obvious point has to be explained again.

In the Ashton and McKenna interview the club put out a while ago KM brought up the coach welcome against Norwich without being asked about it, saying it was another great bonding moment between the team and the fans.
What are Blue Action doing? on 16:52 - May 2 with 718 viewsBobbychase

What are Blue Action doing? on 16:43 - May 2 by Sawtrich

I find it strange that this simple and obvious point has to be explained again.

In the Ashton and McKenna interview the club put out a while ago KM brought up the coach welcome against Norwich without being asked about it, saying it was another great bonding moment between the team and the fans.

Yes. Why is this very obvious fact being ignored.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

What are Blue Action doing? on 16:56 - May 2 with 698 viewsJazzaboom

What are Blue Action doing? on 16:52 - May 2 by Bobbychase

Yes. Why is this very obvious fact being ignored.

You can put all the positives you want but if people don't agree they seem to ignore the facts. I think it is fairly well known that the players have said they loved it and so has KM.
What are Blue Action doing? on 17:12 - May 2 with 672 viewsBobbychase

What are Blue Action doing? on 16:56 - May 2 by Jazzaboom

You can put all the positives you want but if people don't agree they seem to ignore the facts. I think it is fairly well known that the players have said they loved it and so has KM.

But Bob, sitting two miles away sipping an ale in the Dove, disapproves of that sort of thing even if he has no intention of going.

(name chosen at random)

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

What are Blue Action doing? on 18:34 - May 2 with 595 viewsSawtrich

The only thing I can say to those that disagree with it is to just see clapping the coach into the stadium as the same as clapping the players onto the pitch because that's all it is. It obviously wouldn't be going ahead without getting the nod from the club.
What are Blue Action doing? on 19:21 - May 2 with 566 viewshunty21

What are Blue Action doing? on 21:21 - May 1 by _clive_baker_

You say welcome. More of a celebratory parade if you ask me.

Not really it's about showing our support as players keep saying the noise spurs them on this only adds to the spectacle
What are Blue Action doing? on 19:52 - May 2 with 542 viewsBuhrer

Have you come back to your thread?

This is what it's about; the wife told my daughter and me she'd bought blue smoke bombs to take, and my 12 year old girl said in joyful incredulity "What?! Really?!! Are we going early for the coach? Oh my GOD YESSSSSSS!!!"
What are Blue Action doing? on 20:08 - May 2 with 520 viewsstrikalite

What are Blue Action doing? on 16:41 - May 2 by bluelou

its not a celebration, its a welcome for the players that have given their all this season.
The celebration might come after.

...and as it's a poxy 12.30 kick off it also wakes everybody up and sets the mood, we need to be "at it" from the off, we don't generally do 12.30's very well, players or fans....(of course we will Sat!!)
Login to get fewer ads

What are Blue Action doing? on 13:41 - May 3 with 428 viewsBuhrer

What are Blue Action doing? on 04:53 - May 2 by 2-5-7

No problem with supporting the coach arrival.
Just don’t get the fascination with blue smoke.
Turns it into something else that sends out a slightly different message.
Don’t need to be a wannabe mini ultra to offer support to the team to get them over the line.

A little follow through for you.... the wife just picked up some blue smoke bombs in Bardwell... and there was a queue for collection

COYB!!!
What are Blue Action doing? on 14:56 - May 3 with 398 viewsVegtablue

What are Blue Action doing? on 09:09 - May 2 by Bobbychase

Getting bored of posting this but people keep making false claims. We battered Exeter and the first half against Norwich was one of our best in terms of the football we played all season, just couldn't get the goals to match the build-up play. The idea that either coach welcome had any negative impact on the games that followed is nonsense.

If we expand the argument about not making a fuss until the job is done, then there would be no hype music when the team walk out, no PA announcer urging the crowd on. Just silence until we score, then we're "allowed" to get involved.

Go to the coach welcome on Saturday and see how many kids and teenagers are there. It's a wonderful snapshot of how the club has excited the town, the county and the wider fanbase again.

If you don't like it, stay in the pub. Nobody is forcing anyone to attend.

So true! Norwich at home was an electric first half, regrettably masked by the scoreline. I don't remember us coming close near the end, unusually, which may point to how much energy we invested at the start, or perhaps that was more to do with subs making less of an impact (or my memory aha). Exeter was a huge first half performance too, obvs not masked by the scoreline! If the welcomes have had any effect on performances, outwith the added spark these games were destined to have anyway, it's been to inject urgency from the outset.

Looking back at the Norwich game, our "finishers" were Hutch, Harness, Scarlett, Jackson and Taylor. Now, with practically the whole squad available, we've swapped Scarlett and Ladapo for Moore, Sarmiento and Al-Hamadi. Serious upgrades from what we had in December, so we have the firepower to match a blistering start with a blistering finish.

Lastly, coach welcomes are a staple of many big clubs for big games. Spot on, support isn't celebration (surprised it needs to even be said 😅) and we must give the former tomorrow, loudly and throughout, no matter how likely the latter is looking at any point in time.
What are Blue Action doing? on 11:24 - May 4 with 292 views2-5-7

What are Blue Action doing? on 13:41 - May 3 by Buhrer

A little follow through for you.... the wife just picked up some blue smoke bombs in Bardwell... and there was a queue for collection

COYB!!!

Hehe. Good!
I’ve mellowed my view. It looked great today.
I think it was the Norwich one that annoyed me.
Anyways COYBs !!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024