Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When we last left the Premier League 09:44 - May 4 with 765 viewswkj

I remember the commentator on telly, maybe match of the day, saying

"They'll be back"

Those three words have stuck with me for 2 decades and in the darkest days of Evans' stewardship I always felt a little more bitter towards that sentiment.

Above all the joy it will bring, if we go up today - those demons are ones I look forward to finally being free of.

COYB
[Post edited 4 May 9:45]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

When we last left the Premier League on 09:55 - May 4 with 652 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

Everyone said we were too good to go down. I also remember our 1st home game back in the Championship , or whatever it was called then. We absolutely hammered Leicester - was it 5 or 6 - 1? Yes we'll go straight back up in a carnival of goals. How wrong was I. Administration followed by the dark days of Marcus Evans. Now in my late 60's, I thought I'd never see us in the Premier league again. Let's do the business today & banish those dark days. It's been a marvellous couple of seasons. Long may it continue.
When we last left the Premier League on 10:06 - May 4 with 597 viewsPinewoodblue

I can remember back in 1995, last game of the season, telling Wednesday fans we would be back. We haven’t played them in the top flight since. Still won’t should we go up.

Also chants of we’re *hit and we know we are. Those were not the days.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

When we last left the Premier League on 10:08 - May 4 with 567 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I’ll be on the pitch and I’ll no doubt be crying my eyes out if we do it.

Ive never truly been able to imagine my Ipswich as a premier league side because we’ve not ever been close in my memory. I wouldn’t have dared to dream.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

When we last left the Premier League on 10:18 - May 4 with 509 viewsRadlett_blue

When we last left the Premier League on 09:55 - May 4 by muhrensleftfoot

Everyone said we were too good to go down. I also remember our 1st home game back in the Championship , or whatever it was called then. We absolutely hammered Leicester - was it 5 or 6 - 1? Yes we'll go straight back up in a carnival of goals. How wrong was I. Administration followed by the dark days of Marcus Evans. Now in my late 60's, I thought I'd never see us in the Premier league again. Let's do the business today & banish those dark days. It's been a marvellous couple of seasons. Long may it continue.

WE started that season well, but then had a run of only 2 wins in 13 games, during which GB was fired after a spineless 3-0 hammering at Grimsby. Unfortunately, it took BFJ too long to turn around the ailing ship & having already sold Marcus Stewart, administration beckoned so we sold Clapham, Ambrose & Hreidarsson.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024