Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR and how I'd change it... 12:44 - May 10 with 1176 viewsnorfsufblue

Referee decisions are their objective views... ultimately their deci should be final for themselves to stand by... so
Let's give all teams 1 challenge per half, as in cricket any upheld challenge is retained BUT.... let the match referee review his decision on hos own with no outside influence! ... his performance can then be judged after the game.

I think this would help raise referees own standards and team captains would have to think very seriously about their appeals... Borderline offsides are a tricky issue but do you know what let's improve the linos and include them as a reason for challenge!
VAR and how I'd change it... on 18:26 - May 10 with 92 viewsjayessess

VAR and how I'd change it... on 16:47 - May 10 by rickw

The problem with the offside calls now is there is no longer such thing as level.

I think give the VAR officials 10-20 seconds and if they can't tell either way it's called level and the goal stands. Offside was never meant to be about an inch or two - it doesn't matter!

But there never was any such thing as "level", there was onside and offside and a guy on the touchline making an educated guess. Which was just fine!

I don't see that 1 person making a snap judgement on limited info would be improved by a 2nd person also making a snap judgment on limited info.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

VAR and how I'd change it... on 18:29 - May 10 with 86 viewsMK1

VAR and how I'd change it... on 12:51 - May 10 by homer_123

an even easier and far more elegant solution.

Remove VAR - it was never needed.

The principle of it is fine, just the way it is being used that's b00l0cks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024