Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My tuppence worth 21:37 - May 22 with 819 viewsBlacknGoldnBlue

We all have our opinions and very few people know what is happening with our manager and our club, none of us want him to leave.

I honestly thought KM wouldn't leave as he'd had great success quickly and has time, money to build a legacy by cementing our future in the PL. Realistically a good cup run and an interest in a European place is the best we can hope for in next five years - and while that would see us stable and competitive (and the majority of realistic fans content), is that really the success that KM wants? While the Suffolk lifestyle may be great for his family I get the feeling KM wants the City life and the challenge of "Europe or big club". The current state of Chelsea and Man U actually means he could go there without huge pressure - succeed and his stock rises, fail and blame it on basket case clubs. Brighton is currently a step up and would give him a challenge and a realistic chance of measurable success. I'm now starting to think we had more chance of KM staying had we missed out on promotion as, while improvement would be noted, success wouldn't have brought the attention.

If KM wasn't seriously considering his future I would have expected a statement from him by now stating "flattered by media talk, fantastic clubs being linked with but started a project and learning his trade and would like to finish the project and see contract out" - but this hasn't happened.

I hope I'm wrong but I feel he will go. If he does he'll go with our good will and we'll move on, change the songs and hope it's Ashton that's the genius and it wasn't all KM.

For now, we have memories and hope and only one can be taken.

Poll: Will Ipswich be relegated this season?

My tuppence worth on 21:54 - May 22 with 664 viewsgainsboroughblue

This is all going to get quite fatiguing soon, if it isn't already at that point. People are more anxious than when we were about to go into those last three games of the season. I mean, God damn, we should still be in celebration mode for something quite monumental that happened less than three weeks ago.

We should be discussing what players are out there we can bring in to improve the squad further, one eye on the Euros etc. Instead, we are in a state of uncertainty and dare I say it, intense anxiety.

The noises or lack of it is as much of a worry as anything. It'll get to the point eventually where we go past caring what the outcome is, and just want to know where, as a club, we stand so we can prepare for our most challenging season in two decades.

The ball is firmly in one man's court over this. He holds all the aces. I hope he stays, I really do as he is more important than any player we have on the books, but as a club, we will still exist and need to function, whatever any decision, if there is one to be made, is.

Whatever the outcome is, the man is a true lifelong ITFC legend. We, thanks in no small part to him, have a club breathing again.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

My tuppence worth on 22:21 - May 22 with 532 viewsRegencyBlue

I’m already fed up with the whole thing frankly.

No idea what is truth and what is not but if he’s going to go he should just bloody go and give Town time to sort things out. If not say so and get on with the job here.

The current situation, if it is allowed to continue for any length of time, is going to cause serious damage to our preparations for next season. It’s going to be hard enough as it is without all this ‘noise’ around us.
My tuppence worth on 22:28 - May 22 with 470 viewscressi

My tuppence worth on 22:21 - May 22 by RegencyBlue

No idea what is truth and what is not but if he’s going to go he should just bloody go and give Town time to sort things out. If not say so and get on with the job here.

The current situation, if it is allowed to continue for any length of time, is going to cause serious damage to our preparations for next season. It’s going to be hard enough as it is without all this ‘noise’ around us.

Agree entirely
My tuppence worth on 23:27 - May 22 with 354 viewsTangledupin_Blue

My tuppence worth on 22:21 - May 22 by RegencyBlue

You don't sort out a multi-million ££ contract plus compensation for Ipswich in five minutes, especially when he is likely to have several offers.

Even if he is inclined to go to, say, Chelsea then he may want to hang on to see whether a vacancy arises at Manchester United or another club.

Could go on for a few weeks, yet, so just relax.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024