Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starmer doing the rounds on telly this morning.... 09:14 - May 24 with 3285 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Must have held my attention for a good 30 seconds. Inspiring leader.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Starmer doing the rounds on telly this morning.... on 18:23 - May 24 with 891 viewsWD19

The country is basically about to embark on the Paul Hurst to Lambert transition.
Starmer doing the rounds on telly this morning.... on 18:39 - May 24 with 851 viewspositivity

Starmer doing the rounds on telly this morning.... on 18:23 - May 24 by WD19

The country is basically about to embark on the Paul Hurst to Lambert transition.

i see that more as truss to sunak.

hoping starmer is mckenna, but cook's better than another 5 year contract for sunak!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Starmer doing the rounds on telly this morning.... on 18:40 - May 24 with 849 viewsfooters

Starmer doing the rounds on telly this morning.... on 18:23 - May 24 by WD19

Ah no, I'm sure Starmer has a hidden radical policy agenda that's under wraps

So say the 'centrist dad' dullards.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Starmer doing the rounds on telly this morning.... on 18:51 - May 24 with 831 viewsLeaky

If Starmer can get KMCk to stay he gets my vote.
Starmer doing the rounds on telly this morning.... on 19:24 - May 24 with 803 viewsSwansea_Blue

Starmer doing the rounds on telly this morning.... on 17:57 - May 24 by DJR

I wouldn't build up your hopes too much, given this from Paul Johnson of the IFS that I posted a couple of days ago.

"The numbers in the March budget, which Jeremy Hunt presented: he's talking about 1 per cent growth in public service spending over the next five years. ..... That implies really sharp cuts in most of the public sector because increases in defence and health spending will more than absorb that increase. And given that Rachel Reeves and Jeremy Hunt have signed up to precisely the same targets in terms of what should happen to debt over the next five years, that means they're both effectively signed up to those numbers. What I think concerns me about the campaign is that I don't think we are going to hear very much about that, because that leaves some really tough decisions after the election."

Having said that, Labour is the only game in town, and I agree it will be an improvement on the Tories.
[Post edited 24 May 17:59]

They don’t seem to be offering what a lot of people want, but as you say they’re the only game in town. They’ll definitely be an improvement, yet they’ve been handed such a sh*tty stick it’s going to take a generation or more to fix everything. It’s hard to underestimate how much damage the Tories have done. Tens of billions of quid a year worse of than the country could have been, services driven to breaking point, volunteering to make some of our key industries worse off to placate racist headbangers, hundreds to thousands of pounds per year off household budgets through the most spectacular financial mismanagement we’ve ever seen.

Thatcher fecked up communities across the UK to the point that many still haven’t recovered, yet that’s looking like nothing compared to what this bunch have done.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Starmer doing the rounds on telly this morning.... on 09:25 - May 28 with 634 viewsDJR

Starmer doing the rounds on telly this morning.... on 12:36 - May 24 by DJR

This is rather Kafkaesque.

"Labour’s investigation into Diane Abbott’s comments about racism, which has lasted more than a year, will be completed by 4 June, Keir Starmer says.

It means Abbott’s future in the party will be decided on the same day as Labour’s deadline for its final candidate selections."

Of course, it seems obvious that Labour don't want Abbott as a candidate, but if that is the case the decision should have been made well before now.

Indeed, Starmer, as a lawyer, should well know that justice delayed is justice denied.
[Post edited 24 May 12:37]

Interesting to note that the disciplinary process for Diane Abbott ended in December, and she complied with its requirement to undergo antisemitism training in February.

According to Nicholas Watt on the Today Programme earlier today, the issue has since then been in the hands of the Chief Whip, so for Starmer to say last week that the leadership doesn't involve itself in disciplinary cases is a bit of a whopper because the Chief Whip and leadership operate hand-in-glove

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c8vv4ep92y8o

The problem it seems to me is that they clearly don't want her as a candidate, but haven't had the courage to be honest about it.
[Post edited 28 May 9:28]
Starmer doing the rounds on telly this morning.... on 10:56 - May 28 with 561 viewsDJR

Further evidence of the iron-like grip Starmer, and those backing him, now have on the party.

"A number of senior Labour figures are widely expected to seek a seat in the coming days, including Josh Simons, the director of the highly influential pro-Starmer thinktank Labour First, and Georgia Gould, the leader of Camden council.

Members of the party’s ruling national executive committee (NEC), who have been instrumental in transforming its rules after Jeremy Corbyn’s leadership, are also tipped for seats. They include Luke Akehurst, Gurinder Singh Josan, Abdi Duale and the NEC chair, James Asser.

The move will trigger controversy from critics who argue that Labour candidates – particularly those in plum seats – should be selected with local input from grassroots members and not simply handed to allies of the leadership.

In February 2020, while he was campaigning for the Labour leadership, Starmer said selections for Labour candidates needed to be “more democratic and we should end NEC impositions of candidates. Local party members should select their candidates for every election.”

He added then that “there should be no power without accountability, and true accountability requires transparency”."
Starmer doing the rounds on telly this morning.... on 11:01 - May 28 with 531 viewsPinewoodblue

Starmer doing the rounds on telly this morning.... on 10:56 - May 28 by DJR

Further evidence of the iron-like grip Starmer, and those backing him, now have on the party.

"A number of senior Labour figures are widely expected to seek a seat in the coming days, including Josh Simons, the director of the highly influential pro-Starmer thinktank Labour First, and Georgia Gould, the leader of Camden council.

Members of the party’s ruling national executive committee (NEC), who have been instrumental in transforming its rules after Jeremy Corbyn’s leadership, are also tipped for seats. They include Luke Akehurst, Gurinder Singh Josan, Abdi Duale and the NEC chair, James Asser.

The move will trigger controversy from critics who argue that Labour candidates – particularly those in plum seats – should be selected with local input from grassroots members and not simply handed to allies of the leadership.

In February 2020, while he was campaigning for the Labour leadership, Starmer said selections for Labour candidates needed to be “more democratic and we should end NEC impositions of candidates. Local party members should select their candidates for every election.”

He added then that “there should be no power without accountability, and true accountability requires transparency”."

Yeah but he needed to say that to get elected.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Starmer doing the rounds on telly this morning.... on 11:08 - May 28 with 506 viewsDJR

Starmer doing the rounds on telly this morning.... on 11:01 - May 28 by Pinewoodblue

Yeah but he needed to say that to get elected.

And more fool me I voted for him. But this indicates it was deliberate.

[Post edited 28 May 11:10]
Starmer doing the rounds on telly this morning.... on 11:24 - May 28 with 471 viewsBlueschev

Starmer doing the rounds on telly this morning.... on 10:56 - May 28 by DJR

How are people not more concerned by this bare faced dishonesty? I can't wait to see the back of this awful government, but I'm really starting to wonder how much difference it will actually make.
Starmer doing the rounds on telly this morning.... on 12:42 - May 28 with 381 viewsDJR

Starmer doing the rounds on telly this morning.... on 11:24 - May 28 by Blueschev

How are people not more concerned by this bare faced dishonesty? I can't wait to see the back of this awful government, but I'm really starting to wonder how much difference it will actually make.

Interesting to hear Starmer interviewed by Beth Rigby yesterday. He kept saying he couldn't afford the various promises, but Rigby kept point out that increased tax on the top 5% didn't cost a thing.
Starmer doing the rounds on telly this morning.... on 12:56 - May 28 with 359 viewsleitrimblue

Starmer doing the rounds on telly this morning.... on 12:42 - May 28 by DJR

Interesting to hear Starmer interviewed by Beth Rigby yesterday. He kept saying he couldn't afford the various promises, but Rigby kept point out that increased tax on the top 5% didn't cost a thing.

Surely a tax on the top 5% would go against everything Labour stands for?

Labour was formed to represent the most wealthy in society and defend the status quo at all costs. Taxing the wealthiest in society would surely go against there core principles.
Starmer doing the rounds on telly this morning.... on 12:57 - May 28 with 358 viewsPinewoodblue

Starmer doing the rounds on telly this morning.... on 11:08 - May 28 by DJR

And more fool me I voted for him. But this indicates it was deliberate.

[Post edited 28 May 11:10]

His every action, since elected, has been with one thing in mind, to be Prime Minister.

He will say anything to avoid alienating a potential voter. Never thought I would ever see the day that someone given a knighthood for services to the establishment would lead the Labour party

Going to face some difficult questions over the next few weeks Wonder how he would respond if asked if his government would recognise the state of Palestine

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Starmer doing the rounds on telly this morning.... on 13:06 - May 28 with 335 viewsfooters

Starmer doing the rounds on telly this morning.... on 12:57 - May 28 by Pinewoodblue

His every action, since elected, has been with one thing in mind, to be Prime Minister.

He will say anything to avoid alienating a potential voter. Never thought I would ever see the day that someone given a knighthood for services to the establishment would lead the Labour party

Going to face some difficult questions over the next few weeks Wonder how he would respond if asked if his government would recognise the state of Palestine

"He will say anything to avoid alienating a potential voter."

Unless said voter is anywhere to the left of Peter Mandelson, sure.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024