Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let’s stay calm and back our manager as we return to the Premier League 15:04 - May 24 with 799 viewsNthYorkshireBlue

I know there’s been a lot of buzz and speculation lately about our manager and other teams showing interest in him. It’s natural to feel a bit anxious about these developments, especially as we gear up for our first season back in the Premier League. However, I want to take a moment to encourage everyone to stay calm and keep the faith.

Firstly, it’s important to recognise that our manager has been instrumental in getting us to where we are today. His leadership, vision, and dedication have transformed our team and brought us back to the top flight. We should trust in his commitment to Ipswich Town and support him wholeheartedly.

Secondly, the attention from other clubs is a testament to the fantastic job our manager has done. It’s a sign of respect and recognition of the progress we’ve made. While it can be unsettling, it’s also a reminder of the quality and potential we have within our squad and our coaching staff.

As we prepare for the challenges of the Premier League, it’s crucial for us as fans to remain united and positive. Let’s focus on the excitement of the upcoming season and the opportunity to see our team compete at the highest level. Our support will be vital in helping the players and the manager feel confident and motivated.

Remember, we’ve come a long way, and this is just the beginning of a new chapter for Ipswich Town. Let’s keep our heads up, stay supportive, and look forward to the great moments ahead. Together, we can make this season a memorable one for all the right reasons.

Come on you Blues!
Let’s stay calm and back our manager as we return to the Premier League on 15:35 - May 24 with 689 viewsghostofescobar

Your comments are admirable, but.......I just can't see KM staying now. Seems to me he only stays if it falls through with all the other suitors, rather than us being his number 1 choice. Of course, i am surmising and could well be talking out of my backside. But if it were the case that he really wants to stay with us above everything else, all this speculation could have been killed off with a brief statement. To me, that lack of such a statement means he is, or wants to, talk to other clubs. I am not blaming him for that, but it is, as far as we can tell, what has or is happening. And him staying or going is, in my opinion, will be the difference between us staying in or getting relegated from the Prem League. As I say, admirable comments, but personally i feel very, very flat about it all and as it stands, i can't see an outcome which is positive for ITFC.

GhostOfEscobar

Let’s stay calm and back our manager as we return to the Premier League on 15:40 - May 24 with 684 viewsibbleobble

Let’s stay calm and back our manager as we return to the Premier League on 15:35 - May 24 by ghostofescobar

Your comments are admirable, but.......I just can't see KM staying now. Seems to me he only stays if it falls through with all the other suitors, rather than us being his number 1 choice. Of course, i am surmising and could well be talking out of my backside. But if it were the case that he really wants to stay with us above everything else, all this speculation could have been killed off with a brief statement. To me, that lack of such a statement means he is, or wants to, talk to other clubs. I am not blaming him for that, but it is, as far as we can tell, what has or is happening. And him staying or going is, in my opinion, will be the difference between us staying in or getting relegated from the Prem League. As I say, admirable comments, but personally i feel very, very flat about it all and as it stands, i can't see an outcome which is positive for ITFC.

As irrational and made up as everything in the news. How do you know we’re not first choice and all this speculation is pre-mediated by his agent to drive his contract negotiation up?
Let’s stay calm and back our manager as we return to the Premier League on 16:00 - May 24 with 618 viewsghostofescobar

Let’s stay calm and back our manager as we return to the Premier League on 15:40 - May 24 by ibbleobble

As irrational and made up as everything in the news. How do you know we’re not first choice and all this speculation is pre-mediated by his agent to drive his contract negotiation up?

I don’t- have a little peep at the sentence with the words “surmising” and “backside” in it.

GhostOfEscobar

Let’s stay calm and back our manager as we return to the Premier League on 16:06 - May 24 with 594 viewspointofblue

I don't think there's any doubt that every true Ipswich Town fan backs McKenna as manager and would like him to stay with us for the long term future.

The question is whether he feels the same way about the club.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Let’s stay calm and back our manager as we return to the Premier League on 16:10 - May 24 with 582 viewsRegencyBlue

Let’s stay calm and back our manager as we return to the Premier League on 15:40 - May 24 by ibbleobble

If it is it’s a very risky way of going about things.

Rightly or wrongly the impression has been allowed to gain traction that McKenna can’t wait to leave Ipswich, his representatives are meeting other clubs, presumably sanctioned by him, and nothing is being done to dampen down all of the ‘noise’.

It’s coming across as very disrespectful to Ipswich frankly. If it is all tactics to get a better deal here it hasn’t done him any favours imho.
Let’s stay calm and back our manager as we return to the Premier League on 16:21 - May 24 with 545 viewsibbleobble

Let’s stay calm and back our manager as we return to the Premier League on 16:10 - May 24 by RegencyBlue

If it is it’s a very risky way of going about things.

Rightly or wrongly the impression has been allowed to gain traction that McKenna can’t wait to leave Ipswich, his representatives are meeting other clubs, presumably sanctioned by him, and nothing is being done to dampen down all of the ‘noise’.

It’s coming across as very disrespectful to Ipswich frankly. If it is all tactics to get a better deal here it hasn’t done him any favours imho.

I think that’s an interpretation that “he can’t wait to leave”. Phil has said the opposite of that. I’m not sure why anyone in the club needs to say anything at all. I quite like the approach of letting this noise blow over rather than pandering to lazy journalists.

The more voices there are, the more things become open to interpretation. Every word KM mentions gets micro analysed on here.
Let’s stay calm and back our manager as we return to the Premier League on 16:24 - May 24 with 522 viewshoppy

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Let’s stay calm and back our manager as we return to the Premier League on 16:33 - May 24 with 452 viewslazyblue

Let’s see who the new manager then back him.
Login to get fewer ads

Let’s stay calm and back our manager as we return to the Premier League on 16:34 - May 24 with 435 viewshoppy

Let’s stay calm and back our manager as we return to the Premier League on 16:33 - May 24 by lazyblue

Let’s see who the new manager then back him.

New manager? We've got one.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024