Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturday sounds ? Aye I 07:30 - Jun 28 with 2944 viewsWeWereZombies



[Post edited 28 Jun 2025 8:25]

Poll: To make him more acceptable what should Gary O'Neill change his middle name to ?

2
Saturday sounds ? Aye I on 07:35 - Jun 28 with 1761 viewsKeno


Poll: So TWTD What's The Greatest Sporting Achievement
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

6
Saturday sounds ? Aye I on 07:56 - Jun 28 with 1730 viewstazdac

1
Saturday sounds ? Aye I on 08:21 - Jun 28 with 1699 viewsDJR

5
Saturday sounds ? Aye I on 08:28 - Jun 28 with 1684 viewsDJR









The fourth song is devoted to their fans. Not sure if that's been done by any other artist.

To our fans far and near, we're so glad you could all be here
And when life gets, oh oh, so hard
You make it all worthwhile, screaming, shouting, wham-slam-bam
That wild head banging style
This is dedicated to our fans across the world
You're the best, most loyalist and that's for sure
When life gets, oh, so frustrating you make it all worthwhile
Going to have some fun tonight, isn't it great to be alive

It's going to be okay
It's going to be alright
It's going to be that
You're the only ones who understand
[Post edited 28 Jun 2025 8:33]
2
Saturday sounds ? Aye I on 08:33 - Jun 28 with 1675 viewsnoggin


Poll: Prediction for England v Norway

5
Saturday sounds ? Aye I on 08:40 - Jun 28 with 1665 viewsNettuce

0
Saturday sounds ? Aye I on 08:41 - Jun 28 with 1664 viewsDJR





3
Saturday sounds ? Aye I on 08:51 - Jun 28 with 1651 viewsNettuce

Bob Dylan parody.
1
Login to get fewer ads

Saturday sounds ? Aye I on 09:03 - Jun 28 with 1644 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Angry Elvis through to remorseful Elvis ..






Poll: As we are indulging in pointless quesions. If my aunt had balls would she be ...

3
Saturday sounds ? Aye I on 09:33 - Jun 28 with 1623 viewsDJR

Saturday sounds ? Aye I on 09:03 - Jun 28 by You_Bloo_Right

Angry Elvis through to remorseful Elvis ..







Despite the title, the lyrics and arrangement suggest angry Elvis.

[Post edited 28 Jun 2025 9:34]
2
Saturday sounds ? Aye I on 10:09 - Jun 28 with 1599 viewsDJR

You oughta scratch from the human race
You are a waste of a name
A waste of time and a waste of space
You've only one claim to fame
I don't like you

1
Saturday sounds ? Aye I on 10:13 - Jun 28 with 1589 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Quick, while Phil's busy ....


Poll: As we are indulging in pointless quesions. If my aunt had balls would she be ...

2
Saturday sounds ? Aye I on 10:48 - Jun 28 with 1514 viewsnoggin

The sexiest woman ever.


Poll: Prediction for England v Norway

1
Saturday sounds ? Aye I on 11:09 - Jun 28 with 1488 viewsPhilTWTD

2
Saturday sounds ? Aye I on 11:18 - Jun 28 with 1476 viewspositivity

couldn't think of many doubles today...


Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

2
Saturday sounds ? Aye I on 11:28 - Jun 28 with 1458 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Saturday sounds ? Aye I on 11:18 - Jun 28 by positivity

couldn't think of many doubles today...



I have a few






Poll: As we are indulging in pointless quesions. If my aunt had balls would she be ...

3
Saturday sounds ? Aye I on 12:12 - Jun 28 with 1433 viewsDJR

With Andy Warhol backing them, I've never really understood why they didn't have more commercial success. Maybe they were just too far ahead of the times.





EDIT: I came across this on Wikipedia about their first album.

Upon release, The Velvet Underground & Nico was a commercial flop. The album's controversial content led to its almost instantaneous ban from various record stores, many radio stations refused to play it, and magazines refused to carry advertisements for it. Its lack of success can also be attributed to Verve, who failed to promote or distribute the album with anything but modest attention. However, Richie Unterberger of AllMusic also notes that:

... the music was simply too daring to fit onto commercial radio; "underground" rock radio was barely getting started at this point, and in any case may well have overlooked the record at a time when psychedelic music was approaching its peak.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2025 12:15]
3
Saturday sounds ? Aye I on 12:19 - Jun 28 with 1416 viewsDJR

A song for our times.

2
Saturday sounds ? Aye I on 12:22 - Jun 28 with 1414 viewsDJR



4
Saturday sounds ? Aye I on 12:24 - Jun 28 with 1398 viewsPhilTWTD

1
Saturday sounds ? Aye I on 12:28 - Jun 28 with 1393 viewsBugs





4
Saturday sounds ? Aye I on 12:43 - Jun 28 with 1376 viewsPhilTWTD

0
Saturday sounds ? Aye I on 12:46 - Jun 28 with 1354 viewsPhilTWTD

2
Saturday sounds ? Aye I on 12:51 - Jun 28 with 1350 viewsmellowblue

Saturday sounds ? Aye I on 08:28 - Jun 28 by DJR









The fourth song is devoted to their fans. Not sure if that's been done by any other artist.

To our fans far and near, we're so glad you could all be here
And when life gets, oh oh, so hard
You make it all worthwhile, screaming, shouting, wham-slam-bam
That wild head banging style
This is dedicated to our fans across the world
You're the best, most loyalist and that's for sure
When life gets, oh, so frustrating you make it all worthwhile
Going to have some fun tonight, isn't it great to be alive

It's going to be okay
It's going to be alright
It's going to be that
You're the only ones who understand
[Post edited 28 Jun 2025 8:33]


For whatever reason, I could never get into the Ramones, probably my loss. Punk wise, UK Subs was my thing back in the day.
0
Saturday sounds ? Aye I on 13:11 - Jun 28 with 1334 viewsYou_Bloo_Right


Poll: As we are indulging in pointless quesions. If my aunt had balls would she be ...

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026