Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What changed with our international recruitment? 14:32 - Aug 26 with 4039 viewsSheffordBlue

So far this summer we've gone from virtually zero international recruitment (I think Cajuste was originally offered to us rather than the other way around) to deals being done (or seriously progressed) with:

Ligue 1 – Stade Rennais. Ligue 2 – Stade Reims
Serie A – Napoli, Como
Eredivisie – Ajax
Liga MX – Toluca, Club America
Superliga – FC Nordsjaelland

I'm not sure many of us would have thought it would have happened to this extent.

So what changed? I know we increased our scouting capability a bit. Personally not convinced this is just getting access back to the Brighton data as many of these deals are months and sometimes years in the scouting/finalising.

Poll: What % of our full potential are we currently playing at?

0
What changed with our international recruitment? on 17:00 - Aug 26 with 604 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What changed with our international recruitment? on 15:37 - Aug 26 by SheffordBlue

I also thought that when we did begin to recruit internationally we might be looking at one or two markets to start off with and then progress e.g. a focus on France or the Scandinavian leagues. We've actually gone quite widespread in a number of different leagues/areas which must be taking quite a bit of effort.

I wonder if as well as our own scouting/connections network if we've contracted some of it out to other people to do the stuff on the ground.


Also, could just be agent intros, now that we seem to have tweaked our criteria.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

0
What changed with our international recruitment? on 17:01 - Aug 26 with 597 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What changed with our international recruitment? on 15:27 - Aug 26 by positivity

and akpom isn't "foreign talent"!


I did nearly put it in inverted commas, but let it go. 🤣🤣
[Post edited 26 Aug 2025 17:02]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

1
What changed with our international recruitment? on 17:15 - Aug 26 with 543 viewsSuffolkSpezial

What changed with our international recruitment? on 17:00 - Aug 26 by mutters

Taribo West and Mike Duffy also


I raise you Tommy Svindal Larsen
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026