Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Esther Rantzen RIP 19:00 - Sep 30 with 1152 viewsPerublue

That’s life

Poll: Should Burns or Chaplin now replace the Shefki/Pablo TWTD question of yore ?

1
Esther Rantzen RIP on 19:07 - Sep 30 with 1135 viewsWolfshead

I'm unclear if this is:

a) a genuine comment of condolence

or

b) a disgustingly crass and immature joke

Please clarify!

Poll: Delap, Flemming, Abraham ? - Which WOULD you have chosen

0
Esther Rantzen RIP on 19:10 - Sep 30 with 1097 viewsPoultman

RIP amazing woman and campaigner for good, for children and safety for all
2
Esther Rantzen RIP on 19:11 - Sep 30 with 1096 viewsWhos_blue

Sad to hear this.
She seemed a genuinely great person.
That's life was regular Sunday night viewing.
"Sausages"!!!

"Look, I don't wanna be the same as everybody else. That's why I'm a Mod, see?"

5
Esther Rantzen RIP on 19:20 - Sep 30 with 1045 viewsPerublue

Esther Rantzen RIP on 19:07 - Sep 30 by Wolfshead

I'm unclear if this is:

a) a genuine comment of condolence

or

b) a disgustingly crass and immature joke

Please clarify!


Both …. It was that or .. it’s what she would’ve wanted.

She’d have loved and laughed at both undoubtably.

Poll: Should Burns or Chaplin now replace the Shefki/Pablo TWTD question of yore ?

2
Esther Rantzen RIP on 19:24 - Sep 30 with 1016 viewsvapour_trail

Esther Rantzen RIP on 19:07 - Sep 30 by Wolfshead

I'm unclear if this is:

a) a genuine comment of condolence

or

b) a disgustingly crass and immature joke

Please clarify!


I used to know her quite well some years ago.

She’d have laughed.

A quite remarkable lady.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

4
Esther Rantzen RIP on 19:27 - Sep 30 with 1006 viewsWolfshead

Esther Rantzen RIP on 19:20 - Sep 30 by Perublue

Both …. It was that or .. it’s what she would’ve wanted.

She’d have loved and laughed at both undoubtably.


Thanks for clarifying...
What she would have wanted was to die on her own terms.

Poll: Delap, Flemming, Abraham ? - Which WOULD you have chosen

2
Esther Rantzen RIP on 19:39 - Sep 30 with 948 viewsPerublue

Esther Rantzen RIP on 19:27 - Sep 30 by Wolfshead

Thanks for clarifying...
What she would have wanted was to die on her own terms.


Absolutely…and I totally get why some would have an issue or query with my post…my only defence and explanation would be that she and I are from an era and background with a less 21st century filter where,when and how and what type of humour is used.

Poll: Should Burns or Chaplin now replace the Shefki/Pablo TWTD question of yore ?

4
Esther Rantzen RIP on 19:47 - Sep 30 with 917 viewsjontysnut

Blimey I must be getting old as I remember her as a young woman on That's Life. Yes jokes about knob shaped parsnips and Cyril bloody Fletcher but Childline is a great legacy.
4
Login to get fewer ads

Esther Rantzen RIP on 19:57 - Sep 30 with 861 viewsPerublue

Esther Rantzen RIP on 19:47 - Sep 30 by jontysnut

Blimey I must be getting old as I remember her as a young woman on That's Life. Yes jokes about knob shaped parsnips and Cyril bloody Fletcher but Childline is a great legacy.


I’m certain it was a “spitting image” parody of “that’s life” when a viewer had sent a photo in of his penis that actually looked like a vegetable.

Poll: Should Burns or Chaplin now replace the Shefki/Pablo TWTD question of yore ?

1
Esther Rantzen RIP on 00:48 - Oct 1 with 513 viewsParisBlue


Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

3
Esther Rantzen RIP on 16:38 - Oct 1 with 277 viewsLesTibbetsbrokenleg

2
Esther Rantzen RIP on 16:46 - Oct 1 with 266 viewsSwansea_Blue

Esther Rantzen RIP on 19:39 - Sep 30 by Perublue

Absolutely…and I totally get why some would have an issue or query with my post…my only defence and explanation would be that she and I are from an era and background with a less 21st century filter where,when and how and what type of humour is used.


I thought it was appropriately of it’s time and the sort of send off she’d have appreciated.

RIP to another staple face of TV when I was growing up.

Poll: Escaped Goat of the day. Who’s it going to be?

1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026