Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I simply did not appreciate or anticipate how good a footballer Troy 12:22 - Oct 3 with 931 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Parrott was when here, but would love him back seeing what we have since. What a goal that was ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ
[Post edited 3 Oct 12:22]

Posts: 6,085,143
Poll: Is Billmโ€ฆ.

0
I simply did not appreciate or anticipate how good a footballer Troy on 12:39 - Oct 3 with 869 viewsGuthrum

It was a half-season loan, at the age of 19, during the transition between Lambert and Cook, while Covid spectator restrictions were in place (meaning few saw him play for Town in the flesh).

Hardly surprising his present abilities did not make much impact at the time.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

3
I simply did not appreciate or anticipate how good a footballer Troy on 12:44 - Oct 3 with 850 viewsStNeotsBlue

He wasn't any good during his loan spell, admittedly at a young age and from all accounts wasn't popular behind the scenes.
1
I simply did not appreciate or anticipate how good a footballer Troy on 12:47 - Oct 3 with 833 viewsNutkins_Return

I kept telling anyone who would listen we should be signing him from when we first went back up to the champ and most windows since....

Was very young with us but good pedigree and all the attributes. He was just raw and needed a bit of physical growth and confidence. Good player. To be fair we are probably at a level now where he would still be a good signing but less needed. Emersonn has potentially to be top quality and Flemming is a good player and probably similar level with different attributes.

But he's a good energy player who has now added the goals. Suits counter attacking side.

Poll: Who do we think McKenna (not you) will partner Greaves with ?

1
I simply did not appreciate or anticipate how good a footballer Troy on 13:00 - Oct 3 with 789 viewsBelsteadCav

I said the same when Gazza was down here on trial

And Ruud Gullit

King of the board since 98
Poll: Which way do you swing?

1
I simply did not appreciate or anticipate how good a footballer Troy on 13:12 - Oct 3 with 753 viewsbournemouthblue

From memory he was reasonably tidy on the ball and showed glimpses of higher level ability but offered very little goal threat

Targetmen do take longer to mature in fairness to him
[Post edited 3 Oct 13:12]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: How much for Omari

1
I simply did not appreciate or anticipate how good a footballer Troy on 13:48 - Oct 3 with 642 viewsmellowblue

I simply did not appreciate or anticipate how good a footballer Troy on 13:12 - Oct 3 by bournemouthblue

From memory he was reasonably tidy on the ball and showed glimpses of higher level ability but offered very little goal threat

Targetmen do take longer to mature in fairness to him
[Post edited 3 Oct 13:12]


That was my assessment too. He would have been the right buy at completely the wrong time. To be fair to him, during his loan spell, nobody apart from Norwood was scoring any goals, we scored 19 in 23 games including a 6 game spell where we scored nil, which is pretty desperate stuff.
I thought I could recollect seeing him play for us, but it would have been on tv as Guthrum said, Pretty much the whole season was behind closed doors.
0
I simply did not appreciate or anticipate how good a footballer Troy on 14:49 - Oct 3 with 537 viewsSteve_M

I simply did not appreciate or anticipate how good a footballer Troy on 12:47 - Oct 3 by Nutkins_Return

I kept telling anyone who would listen we should be signing him from when we first went back up to the champ and most windows since....

Was very young with us but good pedigree and all the attributes. He was just raw and needed a bit of physical growth and confidence. Good player. To be fair we are probably at a level now where he would still be a good signing but less needed. Emersonn has potentially to be top quality and Flemming is a good player and probably similar level with different attributes.

But he's a good energy player who has now added the goals. Suits counter attacking side.


Yes, there was a really good awareness about some of his play. Him and Norwood worked quite well at times, notably the last match of that season against Fleetwood.

The ability was there even if the goals and attitude werenโ€™t.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

0
I simply did not appreciate or anticipate how good a footballer Troy on 16:23 - Oct 3 with 426 viewsGarv

Almost pointless loaning those types of players. Clearly talented but too young to have a proper impact, and they just go back before you start to see them develop. A bit like Maitland-Niles and Chalobah, although I really rated the latter.

Poll: If forced to sell one of the following this summer, who would you sell?

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026