Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like the Zionism is Racism motion has passed 15:37 - Oct 4 with 12627 viewsgiant_stow

at the Green conference.

What a world.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

2
Looks like the Zionism is Racism motion has passed on 08:27 - Oct 7 with 332 viewsbalcombeblue

Looks like the Zionism is Racism motion has passed on 08:17 - Oct 7 by NthQldITFC

So the latter then?


Come on, it’s not an either/or is it?

If I was a regular Jew in Israel, the state you describe would have no capacity to guarantee my safety.
0
Looks like the Zionism is Racism motion has passed on 08:34 - Oct 7 with 302 viewsNthQldITFC

Looks like the Zionism is Racism motion has passed on 08:27 - Oct 7 by balcombeblue

Come on, it’s not an either/or is it?

If I was a regular Jew in Israel, the state you describe would have no capacity to guarantee my safety.


The first bit wasn't a real proposition. As I'm sure you're aware.

(I think there's a word for extracting a rhetorical expression from a conversation and disingenuously focussing on that as if literal, to deflect from the real point.)

The second bit wasn't a real question. It's what's really happening.

Deflect away...

Good work by Philogene...... GREAT WORK BY PHILOGENE!!!
Poll: How would you feel about a UK Identity Card?

0
Looks like the Zionism is Racism motion has passed on 08:55 - Oct 7 with 257 viewsbalcombeblue

Looks like the Zionism is Racism motion has passed on 08:34 - Oct 7 by NthQldITFC

The first bit wasn't a real proposition. As I'm sure you're aware.

(I think there's a word for extracting a rhetorical expression from a conversation and disingenuously focussing on that as if literal, to deflect from the real point.)

The second bit wasn't a real question. It's what's really happening.

Deflect away...


There’s no need to make this personal or question my motives.

We are discussing a deeply complex, decades-long geopolitical conflict where multiple things can be true at once. The international community is failing to act, and local security fears make any enforced solution incredibly difficult to implement.

I am responding to the ideas you put forward, not trying to attack you or "deflect." We can disagree on the mechanics without making anything personal.
0
Looks like the Zionism is Racism motion has passed on 09:27 - Oct 7 with 175 viewsNthQldITFC

Looks like the Zionism is Racism motion has passed on 08:55 - Oct 7 by balcombeblue

There’s no need to make this personal or question my motives.

We are discussing a deeply complex, decades-long geopolitical conflict where multiple things can be true at once. The international community is failing to act, and local security fears make any enforced solution incredibly difficult to implement.

I am responding to the ideas you put forward, not trying to attack you or "deflect." We can disagree on the mechanics without making anything personal.


OK, this is really boring.

My final comment on this dialogue is that when I said 'On the basis of that it sounds like they're proposing a one state, multi-ethnic, multi-faith, fully democratic and just solution which would obviously be a wonderful thing, but there ain't no way that's gonna happen.[emphasis added]' you seemed to take it as if I was proposing such an unworkable pipe dream with 'Run by who exactly?'

This I took, and still do, as disingenuous misinterpretation of what I was saying, continued since then, which is an oft-seen pattern of deflection in my opinion. (But as always I accept the possibility that I may be wrong.)

I'm kicking myself a little for getting drawn into this crap, so won't be adding any more.

Good work by Philogene...... GREAT WORK BY PHILOGENE!!!
Poll: How would you feel about a UK Identity Card?

4
Looks like the Zionism is Racism motion has passed on 09:39 - Oct 7 with 156 viewsbalcombeblue

Looks like the Zionism is Racism motion has passed on 09:27 - Oct 7 by NthQldITFC

OK, this is really boring.

My final comment on this dialogue is that when I said 'On the basis of that it sounds like they're proposing a one state, multi-ethnic, multi-faith, fully democratic and just solution which would obviously be a wonderful thing, but there ain't no way that's gonna happen.[emphasis added]' you seemed to take it as if I was proposing such an unworkable pipe dream with 'Run by who exactly?'

This I took, and still do, as disingenuous misinterpretation of what I was saying, continued since then, which is an oft-seen pattern of deflection in my opinion. (But as always I accept the possibility that I may be wrong.)

I'm kicking myself a little for getting drawn into this crap, so won't be adding any more.


No - fair enough. I sometimes read too quickly so will take the time to do so in future posts.
3
Looks like the Zionism is Racism motion has passed on 10:12 - Oct 7 with 91 viewsbalcombeblue

Looks like the Zionism is Racism motion has passed on 09:39 - Oct 7 by balcombeblue

No - fair enough. I sometimes read too quickly so will take the time to do so in future posts.


On the matter of de-personalising, if any of my board adversories are around on Saturday I would happily buy you a non-reciprocated beer.
1
Looks like the Zionism is Racism motion has passed on 10:55 - Oct 7 with 47 viewsBenters

Looks like the Zionism is Racism motion has passed on 07:57 - Oct 7 by balcombeblue

It’s more like a cult than a political party. One with incredibly ignorant followers.

2026 in London and a march taking place celebrating a pogrom on the 7th October. Absolutely shameful.
[Post edited 7 Oct 7:58]


Country has gone buh.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Which is best Cycling or Running,i will go for cycling as you are sitting down

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026