Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Jill Saward 20:14 - Jan 5 with 867 viewsMullet

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-38522714

I'd never heard of her until I logged on to bbc just now. I assume this was a big case, at least I hope it was. What an inspirational woman.

It's hard to believe in my life time (just) the kind of injustice she and her family must have felt. I guess it's hard to measure her contribution to society in isolation but it it's incredibly sad her life has now ended so prematurely too. That's no age at all.

You wonder where rape victims rights and attitudes towards the crime would be had she chosen to maintain anonymity.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

RIP Jill Saward on 22:14 - Jan 5 with 722 viewsoldbluestu

And the judge in the trial gave the 2 men who raped her shorter jail terms than the 3rd man in the gang who broke into the house and didn't rape her. Because he said her suffering during the rape wasn't that bad.
RIP Jill Saward on 22:33 - Jan 5 with 684 viewsFreddies_Ears

It was an absolutely horrific case at the time, all the worse because the circumstances and reporting never permitted her the anonymity she was entitled to.

Tragic she died so young, and amazing the life she lived. A wonderful woman.
RIP Jill Saward on 23:59 - Jan 5 with 609 viewsBinner

RIP Jill Saward on 22:33 - Jan 5 by Freddies_Ears

It was an absolutely horrific case at the time, all the worse because the circumstances and reporting never permitted her the anonymity she was entitled to.

Tragic she died so young, and amazing the life she lived. A wonderful woman.

Truly courageous.

RIP

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

RIP Jill Saward on 08:05 - Jan 6 with 534 viewsMullet

RIP Jill Saward on 22:14 - Jan 5 by oldbluestu

And the judge in the trial gave the 2 men who raped her shorter jail terms than the 3rd man in the gang who broke into the house and didn't rape her. Because he said her suffering during the rape wasn't that bad.

That stands out a mile to me. The attitude of a presumably fairly old man in sentencing doesn't necessarily reflect the entire 80's mindset I guess, but was staggering to read.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

RIP Jill Saward on 08:41 - Jan 6 with 511 viewsBluebell

She was an incredible women who did so much for rape victims and the way they are treated. She actually forgave her attackers and it cost her the relationship she had with her boyfriend at the time as he could never forgive them.

She never recieved any honours for what she did which I find tragic when you hear of the people who get the OBE, MBE etc. for just doing their everyday jobs that they enjoy.

Such a shame she died so young.

RIP Jill Saward.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024