Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
which way forward from here ? 15:48 - Jan 5 with 859 viewsHARRY10

Continue as we are ... treading water, and imagining that somehow, in someway it will all come right, eventually, or possibly ?

For my mind we should at least start by giving the FA cup a good go. The season is pretty much over as far as the league is concerned, bar some complete collapse into a relegation battle.

Lincoln are not a team they we are not capable of beating and so who knows who we might get in the next round, a possible money spinner and a day out for our fans... and further with any luck.

Stop wasting money on so called 'proper men', in the belief that somehow they will get us promoted. How much have we wasted on the likes of Leon Best and similar aged has beens over the years ?

Mick has taken us as far as he can. Back to almost where he came in. We are not developing players who do join, or progressing those we do have.

We need to start to build a squad that is focused on youth, both ours and signings. Fans will forgive much if they see we are trying to head in the right direction.

Change the approach to both ticketing and 'refreshment' sales as well. Both are wrongly priced for the market we are currently in.

Recognise where we are as a club and play on our strengths rather than trying to compete with others who for a variety of reasons have a greater financial backing than us.

which way forward from here ? on 15:52 - Jan 5 with 844 viewshype313

Normally the excuse at cup time is "we want to concentrate on the league" but given our position it's not one he can roll out.

Seems to me it would make no odds to our league form if we had a cup run, in fact it might even improve it.

Don't like the idea generally of playing to lose, especially as we only have the league to play for.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

which way forward from here ? on 19:19 - Jan 5 with 742 viewsoldbluestu

I don't think your idea of putting up ticket and food prices will be popular with a lot of people on this site
which way forward from here ? on 01:40 - Jan 6 with 681 viewsHARRY10

which way forward from here ? on 19:19 - Jan 5 by oldbluestu

I don't think your idea of putting up ticket and food prices will be popular with a lot of people on this site

what ?

where did I say that ?
which way forward from here ? on 05:09 - Jan 6 with 656 viewswitchdoctor

which way forward from here ? on 01:40 - Jan 6 by HARRY10

what ?

where did I say that ?

you didn't .....it was just the club laccy being a smart arse.
which way forward from here ? on 06:07 - Jan 6 with 634 viewsBarneycurley

i think we should continue as we are. we wont go extinct so it's all good. the queues at the bars at HT wont be an issue with 10k in the doors and we can all rest easily that Mick will get to retire with a nice payout .

Only dilemma i can see is where are we going to erect the Sir Mick Mcarthy statue?

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

which way forward from here ? on 06:11 - Jan 6 with 626 viewsBenters

which way forward from here ? on 19:19 - Jan 5 by oldbluestu

You are one boring git i will say that !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

which way forward from here ? on 08:38 - Jan 6 with 566 viewswitchdoctor

which way forward from here ? on 06:07 - Jan 6 by Barneycurley

i think we should continue as we are. we wont go extinct so it's all good. the queues at the bars at HT wont be an issue with 10k in the doors and we can all rest easily that Mick will get to retire with a nice payout .

Only dilemma i can see is where are we going to erect the Sir Mick Mcarthy statue?

it could be erected at the other end of Sir Alf Ramsey Way at the tip......would kinda reflect some of the rubbish we've had to endure for the last two years or so. 😊👍
which way forward from here ? on 08:44 - Jan 6 with 552 viewsitfcjoe

We aren't going up, we aren't going down.

Give the cup a really good go, you may get a good money-spinning draw, or you may even end up in the quarter finals before you face a side better than us. 3 or 4 teams in last decade have got to the semi before they've even played a Premier League team.

Don't bother with loanees for the rest of the season, keep your powder dry and just get in permanent transfers or save that money for next year.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024