Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stabbing near railway station 22:06 - Feb 8 with 3574 viewsuppersirbob

Poor chap has died two people seen running away

What's happing with our town
Stabbing near railway station on 22:07 - Feb 8 with 3555 viewsLord_Lucan

Benters Bronson.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Stabbing near railway station on 22:20 - Feb 8 with 3416 viewsfactual_blue

Stabbing near railway station on 22:07 - Feb 8 by Lord_Lucan

Benters Bronson.

He's organising stuff back at the village green

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Stabbing near railway station on 22:22 - Feb 8 with 3402 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Theres two a day in London. It's like an American city... and we don't even need guns
Stabbing near railway station on 22:27 - Feb 8 with 3330 viewsbournemouthblue

There seems to be some dodgy dealings going on in and around various parts of the Town

I notice as I cycle back from gym at night, I don't know the ins and outs but it looks suspicious from an outsider looking in

Various chavvy cars speeding about which in isolation you would assume to be normal but when you see convoys of dark bmws etc etc tailing each other at speed along ordinary roads, it doesn't look good
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 22:28]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Stabbing near railway station on 22:30 - Feb 8 with 3313 viewsLord_Lucan

ABBs neighbour was at the train station one night recently and tried to help a damsel in distress who was getting picked on by a couple of men.

He got clouted and woke up a few hours later in an allotment near to Coplestone school.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Stabbing near railway station on 22:32 - Feb 8 with 3244 viewsgtsb1966

Stabbing near railway station on 22:30 - Feb 8 by Lord_Lucan

ABBs neighbour was at the train station one night recently and tried to help a damsel in distress who was getting picked on by a couple of men.

He got clouted and woke up a few hours later in an allotment near to Coplestone school.

Did he have a cauliflower ear?
Stabbing near railway station on 22:34 - Feb 8 with 3205 viewsbournemouthblue

Stabbing near railway station on 22:30 - Feb 8 by Lord_Lucan

That's one hell of a punch

Stabbing near railway station on 22:44 - Feb 8 with 3107 viewsLord_Lucan

Stabbing near railway station on 22:34 - Feb 8 by bournemouthblue

That's one hell of a punch

I'm wondering if they chucked some Rohypnol down him.

Actually I just remembered. When I was waiting for a bus to Stansted at Cardinal Park last Thursday morning 03.30, the club spilled out and there was a mass scrap between about 60 lads. Not a copper in sight for about 15 mins. I had to look after an old dear that was petrified.

Login to get fewer ads

Stabbing near railway station on 22:55 - Feb 8 with 2944 viewsbournemouthblue

Stabbing near railway station on 22:44 - Feb 8 by Lord_Lucan

I'm wondering if they chucked some Rohypnol down him.

Actually I just remembered. When I was waiting for a bus to Stansted at Cardinal Park last Thursday morning 03.30, the club spilled out and there was a mass scrap between about 60 lads. Not a copper in sight for about 15 mins. I had to look after an old dear that was petrified.

just from the lads leaving?

You used to have a small police presence on the kick out times
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 22:56]

Stabbing near railway station on 22:59 - Feb 8 with 2893 viewsfactual_blue

Stabbing near railway station on 22:55 - Feb 8 by bournemouthblue

No longer enough officers. Lads fighting with each other aren't a priority.

Stabbing near railway station on 23:09 - Feb 8 with 2847 viewsLord_Lucan

Stabbing near railway station on 22:55 - Feb 8 by bournemouthblue

All they needed was one car as a deterrent.

I thought it was a bit daft - especially as there was a designated bus stop for normal people outside.

Stabbing near railway station on 23:10 - Feb 8 with 2839 viewsbournemouthblue

Stabbing near railway station on 22:59 - Feb 8 by factual_blue

No longer enough officers. Lads fighting with each other aren't a priority.

That sounds about right

There can't be a lot going on in Ipswich at that time though, are there literally only a few coppers at the station at this time?

If anything this is one of the busier times and scenarios potentially but what do I know?
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 23:10]

Stabbing near railway station on 23:19 - Feb 8 with 2767 viewsfactual_blue

Stabbing near railway station on 23:10 - Feb 8 by bournemouthblue

That sounds about right

There can't be a lot going on in Ipswich at that time though, are there literally only a few coppers at the station at this time?

If anything this is one of the busier times and scenarios potentially but what do I know?
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 23:10]

There are less than two hundred police constables per shift (based on dividing the total manpower by three based on three eight hour shifts). Typically around a quarter won't be available at any one time - annual leave, training, sickness etc.

So that's 150 max at any one time for the whole county.

Stabbing near railway station on 23:23 - Feb 8 with 2746 viewsLord_Lucan

Stabbing near railway station on 23:19 - Feb 8 by factual_blue

There are less than two hundred police constables per shift (based on dividing the total manpower by three based on three eight hour shifts). Typically around a quarter won't be available at any one time - annual leave, training, sickness etc.

So two in a car in the county town of Suffolk outside a flashpoint club for one hour should be feasible IMHO.

Stabbing near railway station on 23:25 - Feb 8 with 2724 viewsjeera

Stabbing near railway station on 23:19 - Feb 8 by factual_blue

I was told by a copper in Bury that they only had 14 around the town on a average Saturday night.

Cars and vans parked about empty to give the sense of a presence.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Stabbing near railway station on 23:31 - Feb 8 with 2673 viewsfactual_blue

Stabbing near railway station on 23:23 - Feb 8 by Lord_Lucan

So two in a car in the county town of Suffolk outside a flashpoint club for one hour should be feasible IMHO.

I imagine they'd say not safe enough without adequate back-up.

My source has told me that when it kicks off outside the clubs in Newmarket on Fridays or Saturdays (typically locals v Yanks), any nearby officers are told to keep clear because of lack of back-up and/or lack of cells. There aren't any police cells west of Bury St Edmunds now. Once those and the ones in Ipswich and Lowestoft are full, it's only arrests for really serious offences.

And I don't think they care about drunk young lads fighting. Whether they should is another matter.

Stabbing near railway station on 23:32 - Feb 8 with 2655 viewsfactual_blue

Stabbing near railway station on 23:25 - Feb 8 by jeera

I was told by a copper in Bury that they only had 14 around the town on a average Saturday night.

Cars and vans parked about empty to give the sense of a presence.

If they then have to take an offender to Ipswich, they're likely to end up spending the rest of their shift there. The control centre of course knows where every car is, so if you've dropped a prisoner off and shown as in or near Ipswich and the only car available, you'll get sent to the next incident.

Stabbing near railway station on 23:38 - Feb 8 with 2626 viewsjeera

Stabbing near railway station on 23:32 - Feb 8 by factual_blue

If they then have to take an offender to Ipswich, they're likely to end up spending the rest of their shift there. The control centre of course knows where every car is, so if you've dropped a prisoner off and shown as in or near Ipswich and the only car available, you'll get sent to the next incident.

Well as anyone involved in an incident on station hill gets at least four pounce on them, that leaves maybe 10 in all so can't be hard to create enough diversions to keep the lot busy.

Saturday night is definitely the time to be out committing crime if you wanna get away with something.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Stabbing near railway station on 23:41 - Feb 8 with 2549 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Stabbing near railway station on 23:32 - Feb 8 by factual_blue

What's all this got to do with a stabbing at 6.30pm? This is the time of day when people are walking home from work, people should feel/be safe. It isn't chucking out time at 3.30am.

ipswich is a grotty Town which has lost its identity, large areas are very intimidating places to walk after dark now. Quite why anybody invests in the Town centre I don't know, it too is miserable especially once dark. The new Buttermarket for example is another white elephant and seems to me to be like pouring money down the drain. The last time I looked Wagamamas didn't have any rustic Romanian dishes on the menu for £1.50 so I am not sure who they think they are going to get in at 8pm on a Tuesday.

BOT

Stabbing near railway station on 00:09 - Feb 9 with 2448 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Stabbing near railway station on 23:38 - Feb 8 by jeera

Well as anyone involved in an incident on station hill gets at least four pounce on them, that leaves maybe 10 in all so can't be hard to create enough diversions to keep the lot busy.

Saturday night is definitely the time to be out committing crime if you wanna get away with something.

Cheers for the heads up.

Poll: Best Football Song

Stabbing near railway station on 00:25 - Feb 9 with 2395 viewsBackToRussia

Stabbing near railway station on 23:31 - Feb 8 by factual_blue

I imagine they'd say not safe enough without adequate back-up.

My source has told me that when it kicks off outside the clubs in Newmarket on Fridays or Saturdays (typically locals v Yanks), any nearby officers are told to keep clear because of lack of back-up and/or lack of cells. There aren't any police cells west of Bury St Edmunds now. Once those and the ones in Ipswich and Lowestoft are full, it's only arrests for really serious offences.

And I don't think they care about drunk young lads fighting. Whether they should is another matter.

Your info seems sound authentic but it feels like I see a huge amount of patrol cars around Ipswich at all times.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Stabbing near railway station on 09:15 - Feb 9 with 1753 viewsNo9

The rise in crine in England is worrying. The rise in knife crime is extremely worrying.

We had a Home Secretary who protected 'British Values' while dismembering the police force, she is not the PM

Things are getting worse - we had, in the village I live in, the first robbery for more than 30 years & the police did not bother to come out to it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024