Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday 15:42 - Apr 10 with 2099 viewsStenvict

When the rest of the league are kicking off at 3.00 apart from the Wolves game which is on Sky?

Poll: What will be announced first?

Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday on 15:44 - Apr 10 with 2084 viewsIpswichKnight

Yes

Burton and us agreed the switch to give each team more time to recover for Easter Monday games. In our case more time for us to get ready to be thumped by Newcastle.
Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday on 15:47 - Apr 10 with 2054 viewsStenvict

Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday on 15:44 - Apr 10 by IpswichKnight

Yes

Burton and us agreed the switch to give each team more time to recover for Easter Monday games. In our case more time for us to get ready to be thumped by Newcastle.

But that makes no sense, we're giving ourselves less time to recover as the rest of the division are playing earlier on Friday.

I'm not overly fussed, just intrigued. Although I'd probably prefer to be driving back to London from the game at 5 rather than 10.

Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday on 15:50 - Apr 10 with 2039 viewsSteve_M

We agreed to move it from the Saturday but why we didn't play it at a sensible time I'm not sure. The difficulty of getting home is the main reason we haven't sold out for this one.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday on 15:54 - Apr 10 with 2025 viewsflashblue

This is another thing that p1sses me off about Mick - and it is him. Few other managers see the need to make these changes and the owners would stand up to them in any case.

If something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
Poll: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday on 16:24 - Apr 10 with 1922 viewsIllinoisblue

Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday on 15:47 - Apr 10 by Stenvict

But that makes no sense, we're giving ourselves less time to recover as the rest of the division are playing earlier on Friday.

I'm not overly fussed, just intrigued. Although I'd probably prefer to be driving back to London from the game at 5 rather than 10.

right now, those extra hours of recovery could make the difference between finishing 17th or our rightful place of 15th. What a time to be alive.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday on 16:25 - Apr 10 with 1904 viewsITFC_Forever

Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday on 15:44 - Apr 10 by IpswichKnight

Yes

No, the rest of the division are playing 3pm on Friday, we're playing 7.45 for some daft reason.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday on 16:46 - Apr 10 with 1829 viewshoppy

Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday on 16:25 - Apr 10 by ITFC_Forever

No, the rest of the division are playing 3pm on Friday, we're playing 7.45 for some daft reason.

Was it in the vain hope that Sky might want to feature a potential relegation 6-pointer?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday on 16:51 - Apr 10 with 1800 viewsITFC_Forever

Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday on 15:50 - Apr 10 by Steve_M

We agreed to move it from the Saturday but why we didn't play it at a sensible time I'm not sure. The difficulty of getting home is the main reason we haven't sold out for this one.

Did all the division (other than Villa vs Reading) ask and get permission to move to the Friday?

Seems odd that all bar one game is being played on the Friday, but of those on the Friday, we're playing in the evening.

Login to get fewer ads

Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday on 16:54 - Apr 10 with 1768 viewsStenvict

Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday on 16:46 - Apr 10 by hoppy

Was it in the vain hope that Sky might want to feature a potential relegation 6-pointer?

I can just imagine someone at the club saw Newcastle were playing at 7.45 and thought, "Oh, everyone will be kicking off at 7.45, so let's move ours, everyone will then follow". Now we look like idiots as we're not on TV and are playing at random time. Everyone else is laughing at us.

Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday on 17:00 - Apr 10 with 1745 viewsSteve_M

Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday on 16:51 - Apr 10 by ITFC_Forever

Did all the division (other than Villa vs Reading) ask and get permission to move to the Friday?

Seems odd that all bar one game is being played on the Friday, but of those on the Friday, we're playing in the evening.

I'm pretty sure they were all scheduled for the Saturday when the fixtures came out so it's possible.

Really annoying kick off time, even a 5:30 kick off would have made getting home fine.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday on 17:08 - Apr 10 with 1709 viewsITFC_Forever

Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday on 16:54 - Apr 10 by Stenvict

I can just imagine someone at the club saw Newcastle were playing at 7.45 and thought, "Oh, everyone will be kicking off at 7.45, so let's move ours, everyone will then follow". Now we look like idiots as we're not on TV and are playing at random time. Everyone else is laughing at us.

I think you're reading far too much in to it that we would have been the only ones who would have had an input in to the decision.

Burton's local police force would have done as well, and for all we know, (and I don't), there could be a big event on locally in the afternoon.

Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday on 17:16 - Apr 10 with 1679 viewscarlisleaway

Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday on 17:08 - Apr 10 by ITFC_Forever

I think you're reading far too much in to it that we would have been the only ones who would have had an input in to the decision.

Burton's local police force would have done as well, and for all we know, (and I don't), there could be a big event on locally in the afternoon.

Missus not happy with me missing most of Good Friday, but heyho my 82nd league game..
Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday on 17:23 - Apr 10 with 1658 viewsPJH

Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday on 15:54 - Apr 10 by flashblue

This is another thing that p1sses me off about Mick - and it is him. Few other managers see the need to make these changes and the owners would stand up to them in any case.

So the fact that there is only one Championship game being played on the Saturday is because MM got all the others moved as well then?(or was it Glenn Hoddle).
Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday on 18:43 - Apr 10 with 1506 viewsITFC_Forever

Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday on 17:16 - Apr 10 by carlisleaway

Missus not happy with me missing most of Good Friday, but heyho my 82nd league game..

An evening kick-off is actually better in terms of brownie points with the Mrs.... won't leave Ipswich until mid-afternoon, so we can do some family stuff beforehand.

Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday on 19:02 - Apr 10 with 1460 viewsbournemouthblue

Yes

Remember a few seasons ago where we played Bournemouth, probably a bank holiday weekend also

They had an extra days rest and blitzed us for the last 20 minutes. We were playing a high pressing style dependent on fitness and we're absolutely knackered for the last twenty minutes. Bournemouth eventually equalised late in the game.

I'm sure it will have had an effect on MM's thinking?
[Post edited 10 Apr 2017 19:04]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday on 20:07 - Apr 10 with 1352 viewssolemio

Do we know why we are 1 of 2 games being played at 7.45 on Friday on 16:54 - Apr 10 by Stenvict

Nobody else is laughing at us. Apart from Burton Albion supporters nobody else has even noticed. We are not the centre of most people's world.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024