Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Update from last weeks terrible parent thread 19:54 - Jul 21 with 1684 viewsStuartBrett8

Just back from pool which he was more than happy to pop to, took my 11 year old son as well. Eleven is too young for a pool and snooker club, I'm suprised he survived :)

Terrible parent moment, how would you deal with it? by StuartBrett8 15 Jul 2017 10:28
My eldest son is 13, autistic and very competitive... thrives at school but isn't very socialble. Last week I decided to challenge him to a few games of pool (just to get him to leave the house) and if he won I'd get him a £15 game on PSN. So he beats me 3-0 with his autism super power.

I was delighted for him as he was absolutely buzzing about it and couldn't wait to go again.... last night I thrashed him 3-1 and we have a very bad loser on our hands. I didn't let him win last week, I probably just assumed I'd beat him.

You shouldn't just let your kid's beat you should you? How to I get him to accept defeat gracefully?

Sticking 'We are the champions' on repeat was probably a bad move on my part :)

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

Update from last weeks terrible parent thread on 08:54 - Jul 22 with 1513 viewsconnorscontract

And..?

Who won? What was the response? Did you really only take the eleven year old as well so you could have an "Undisputed Brett Family Champion" T-shirt?

Hope it went well. It's good that he was willing to go again.
Update from last weeks terrible parent thread on 09:00 - Jul 22 with 1508 viewsvapour_trail

I trust you ran round the table with your cue above your head when you seven balled him.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Update from last weeks terrible parent thread on 09:01 - Jul 22 with 1505 viewstcblue

PLAY THROUGH YOUR TEARS JOHNNY
Update from last weeks terrible parent thread on 10:55 - Jul 22 with 1419 viewsThrobbe

Update from last weeks terrible parent thread on 09:00 - Jul 22 by vapour_trail

I trust you ran round the table with your cue above your head when you seven balled him.

... before playing Another One Bites The Dust.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Update from last weeks terrible parent thread on 11:12 - Jul 22 with 1397 viewsStuartBrett8

Update from last weeks terrible parent thread on 08:54 - Jul 22 by connorscontract

And..?

Who won? What was the response? Did you really only take the eleven year old as well so you could have an "Undisputed Brett Family Champion" T-shirt?

Hope it went well. It's good that he was willing to go again.

Callum (13yo) beat me first game, then Alfie beat Callum because Callum potted the white straight after the black... and then I beat Callum in the last game.. so he's 5-4 up on agg :)

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

Update from last weeks terrible parent thread on 11:32 - Jul 22 with 1385 viewsBlueBadger

Update from last weeks terrible parent thread on 09:00 - Jul 22 by vapour_trail

Used to be a house rule in a boozer round here that if you got seven-balled you had to do 7 laps of the table with your trousers round your ankles.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024