Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing 12:39 - Aug 2 with 7029 viewsIllinoisblue

A new striker? While I am excited about the new season it's hard to be optimistic. Really hard.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 12:40 - Aug 2 with 6042 viewsKieran_Knows

... he also said the next day he 'hoped' to get one in before the season started.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 12:47 - Aug 2 with 5991 viewsJimmyJazz

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 12:40 - Aug 2 by Kieran_Knows

... he also said the next day he 'hoped' to get one in before the season started.

And then he heard we might get Harry Bunn, and quite rightly said 'well don't bother then'.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 13:02 - Aug 2 with 5923 viewsSWGF

8th July: “We’ll see. It depends whether we lose anybody, of course. I’d really like to have a really solid squad, I think we’re getting there, but we might lose some, so we’re still looking.”

Subsequently "lost" Pitman

18th July: “I’m delighted what we have done so far, but we’re still looking for players."

25th July: McCarthy was bullish on the prospects of adding one before the big kick-off on Saturday 5th August: “We’ll have another.”

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 13:03 - Aug 2 with 5919 viewsitfcjoe

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 13:02 - Aug 2 by SWGF

8th July: “We’ll see. It depends whether we lose anybody, of course. I’d really like to have a really solid squad, I think we’re getting there, but we might lose some, so we’re still looking.”

18th July: “I’m delighted what we have done so far, but we’re still looking for players."

25th July: McCarthy was bullish on the prospects of adding one before the big kick-off on Saturday 5th August: “We’ll have another.”

His interview at the Open Day has just come up on iFollow and he says he's not confident in getting one in before the start of the season.

Between him and Evans they need to realise that strikers cost more money

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 13:16 - Aug 2 with 5844 viewsBlueNomad

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 13:03 - Aug 2 by itfcjoe

His interview at the Open Day has just come up on iFollow and he says he's not confident in getting one in before the start of the season.

MM realises strikers cost a lot - it is, after all, his job and has been for many years. He can't spend what ME doesn't give him though.
Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 13:21 - Aug 2 with 5822 viewsSWGF

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 13:16 - Aug 2 by BlueNomad

MM realises strikers cost a lot - it is, after all, his job and has been for many years. He can't spend what ME doesn't give him though.

But we're led to believe that MM dictates whether a deal is worth the money.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 13:25 - Aug 2 with 5783 viewsBlueNomad

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 13:21 - Aug 2 by SWGF

But we're led to believe that MM dictates whether a deal is worth the money.

So you think that if Mick sees someone who he thinks will meet our needs for maybe £2m he will say to ME "no more than a million" and put himself under additional pressure?
Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 13:27 - Aug 2 with 5776 viewsSWGF

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 13:25 - Aug 2 by BlueNomad

So you think that if Mick sees someone who he thinks will meet our needs for maybe £2m he will say to ME "no more than a million" and put himself under additional pressure?

We're led to believe that MM dictates whether a deal is worth the money.

Login to get fewer ads

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 13:32 - Aug 2 with 5753 viewsElderGrizzly

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 13:25 - Aug 2 by BlueNomad

Not quite the same thing. MM and Dave Bowman both play a key role in helping Evans determine the 'worth' of a player.

If a player is worth £2m, MM will say he is worth £2m and say he's not worth paying £4m for. Same with wage levels etc.
Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 13:47 - Aug 2 with 5690 viewsNorthern_Blue81

He could have had Bogle for under a million but the deal did not get done. What do they expect to get for that budget and in this time frame.

He could have signed him, bedded him in for the new season and see what happens.

Unless we are going to pay millions of pounds for proven players we have to take a more educated gamble route.

The whole thing is getting more and more dreadful daily.
Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 13:48 - Aug 2 with 5676 viewswkj

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 13:47 - Aug 2 by Northern_Blue81

He could have had Bogle for under a million but the deal did not get done. What do they expect to get for that budget and in this time frame.

He could have signed him, bedded him in for the new season and see what happens.

Unless we are going to pay millions of pounds for proven players we have to take a more educated gamble route.

The whole thing is getting more and more dreadful daily.

Maybe Mick doesn't see Bogle as the player that would be right for the team?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 13:51 - Aug 2 with 5657 viewsElderGrizzly

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 13:48 - Aug 2 by wkj

Indeed. We don't have to sign every striker that gets mentioned.

Bogle was scouted by us while at Grimsby and it was decided by us and a number of other clubs he wasn't good enough for the Championship.
Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 13:52 - Aug 2 with 5652 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 13:48 - Aug 2 by wkj

I don't think we have a huge amount of choice if we are not going to spend the monies required to buy a striker. Goal Scorers cost money, if you are not paying it you get a bogle Bunn or whatever the latest transfer hype is.
Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 13:52 - Aug 2 with 5651 viewshowdonblue

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 13:03 - Aug 2 by itfcjoe

Or sell up !

But that would be just a dream !
Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 13:54 - Aug 2 with 5625 viewsElderGrizzly

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 13:52 - Aug 2 by howdonblue

Or sell up !

But that would be just a dream !

Sell up to who?

A new owner would want to run a business and probably not very keen to throw huge money at it either. We're not that attractive as an investment tbh.

It would need £100m being written off over 5 years to truly compete. What owner would do that? On top of buying the club of course
Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 13:59 - Aug 2 with 5598 viewshowdonblue

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 13:54 - Aug 2 by ElderGrizzly

Sell up to who?

A new owner would want to run a business and probably not very keen to throw huge money at it either. We're not that attractive as an investment tbh.

It would need £100m being written off over 5 years to truly compete. What owner would do that? On top of buying the club of course

I know that's why I said that would be a dream !
Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 14:04 - Aug 2 with 5568 viewshowdonblue

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 13:54 - Aug 2 by ElderGrizzly

Sell up to who?

Then the only logical answer for our owner is to fire Mcarthy like he should have last year and employ a younger more forward thinking manager .

However what young manager would we attract in the current situation!

???????????
Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 14:09 - Aug 2 with 5545 viewsBlueNomad

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 14:04 - Aug 2 by howdonblue

Then the only logical answer for our owner is to fire Mcarthy like he should have last year and employ a younger more forward thinking manager .

???????????

Well Huddersfield managed it after only just staying up.
Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 14:13 - Aug 2 with 5517 viewsIllinoisblue

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 13:02 - Aug 2 by SWGF

and we'll shortly be coming up on the 1-year anniversary of Murphy departing and not being replaced.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 14:15 - Aug 2 with 5501 viewshowdonblue

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 14:09 - Aug 2 by BlueNomad

Well Huddersfield managed it after only just staying up.

Fair point but the guy Huddersfield have in charge seems really proactive and not like Mcarthy has been over the last two years and seemingly just accepting our stone aged transfer tactics !
Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 14:17 - Aug 2 with 5486 viewshowdonblue

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 14:15 - Aug 2 by howdonblue

Fair point but the guy Huddersfield have in charge seems really proactive and not like Mcarthy has been over the last two years and seemingly just accepting our stone aged transfer tactics !

And I can assure you I hate being this pessimistic!

But that's how this regime has me and may others
Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 14:57 - Aug 2 with 5383 viewsmadmouse1959

MM could of told Evans we need to spend £1.8 million on Ollie Watkins....
[Post edited 2 Aug 2017 19:04]

shampoo dave

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 15:35 - Aug 2 with 5295 viewsitfcjoe

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 14:04 - Aug 2 by howdonblue

???????????

How is that the only logical answer?

You realise younger, more forward thinking managers don't all succeed? If it was that easy I'm sure Evans would have done it yonks ago.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 15:37 - Aug 2 with 5282 viewshowdonblue

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 15:35 - Aug 2 by itfcjoe

How is that the only logical answer?

You realise younger, more forward thinking managers don't all succeed? If it was that easy I'm sure Evans would have done it yonks ago.

Well what is the answer then ??
Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 15:39 - Aug 2 with 5275 viewshowdonblue

Wasn't it just the other day that Mick was very bullish about signing on 15:37 - Aug 2 by howdonblue

Well what is the answer then ??

The point is this club is in a rut big time !

And nothing this owner has done so far in his tenure has really proven that great !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024