Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The longest engineering works in the history of mankind 15:01 - Nov 15 with 5435 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

So even two days before Christmas on a Saturday, with loads of luggage I have nice 2hr30 min journey from LLS to Ipswich. They've been doing it for like two decades. Such a joke. What are they actually doing? The original project manager must be dead by now?
The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 15:03 - Nov 15 with 5412 viewsartsbossbeard

Kings Cross, Cambridge & then Ipswich?

Or Liverpool St, Cambridge & then Ipswich?

Or Uber.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 15:04 - Nov 15 with 5407 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 15:03 - Nov 15 by artsbossbeard

Kings Cross, Cambridge & then Ipswich?

Or Liverpool St, Cambridge & then Ipswich?

Or Uber.

I am going to get a few quotes for cars I think. I also have drinks at Borough market scheduled at noon and a meal booked in north Suffolk that night so this is messing everything up on a very short Christmas trip. They're rubbish
The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 15:10 - Nov 15 with 5384 viewshype313

The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 15:04 - Nov 15 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I am going to get a few quotes for cars I think. I also have drinks at Borough market scheduled at noon and a meal booked in north Suffolk that night so this is messing everything up on a very short Christmas trip. They're rubbish

Shocking service, the fact that you can't get a train most weekends, certainly Sundays for the best part of 20 years .

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 15:10 - Nov 15 with 5384 viewsIllinoisblue

be interesting to know if other countries' train networks suffer so much disruption in the name of ongoing/never ending maintenance work.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 15:14 - Nov 15 with 5366 viewsSteve_M

Most of the current lot are at least for Crossrail so there is a clear end date. Obviously there will have to be another reason after that....

Even more annoyingly between Christmas and Easter the Overground looks to be out nearly every Saturday between Stratford and Kentish Town - that saves a bit of the pain on the main line when heading to and from Ipswich.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 15:18 - Nov 15 with 5354 viewssolemio

The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 15:10 - Nov 15 by Illinoisblue

be interesting to know if other countries' train networks suffer so much disruption in the name of ongoing/never ending maintenance work.

In Italy, or large parts of it they have on paper a very decent service on Sundays. However no train crew members ever turn up for work, so everyone acts as if there is no service on Sundays.
The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 15:18 - Nov 15 with 5350 viewsJohnny_Boy

How was Seattle?
The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 15:20 - Nov 15 with 5349 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 15:10 - Nov 15 by Illinoisblue

Two days before Christmas people might want to travel between the capital and main line stations. In in fact decided I am not going to do it, not with lots of luggage.

Anyone know any relatively cheap car services between London and Ips? Whats the usual going rate? Can you get a pre-agreed price on Uber in the UK?
Login to get fewer ads

The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 15:22 - Nov 15 with 5341 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 15:18 - Nov 15 by Johnny_Boy

How was Seattle?

Pretty good, New Orleans this weekend!
The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 15:26 - Nov 15 with 5330 viewsPrideOfTheEast

The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 15:20 - Nov 15 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Two days before Christmas people might want to travel between the capital and main line stations. In in fact decided I am not going to do it, not with lots of luggage.

Anyone know any relatively cheap car services between London and Ips? Whats the usual going rate? Can you get a pre-agreed price on Uber in the UK?

Addison Lee will give you a fixed price I think. Uber will be something like £150 to your parents I reckon depending on time of day etc.

Care hire must be the way forward.
The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 15:33 - Nov 15 with 5316 viewsJohnny_Boy

The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 15:22 - Nov 15 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Pretty good, New Orleans this weekend!

My other half has been there a few times for work-related things. In her own words, her liver needed a good detoxing when she returned home.

I've not been myself. Closest I got was Memphis. If you get a chance to ever go there, do it.
I absolutely loved the place. Would have loved to have lived there, but employment options would have been extremely limited. Unless I started a new vocation of playing drums & played on the strip for the tourists @ all the amazing bars. Let's be honest. That isn't going to happen.
The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 15:40 - Nov 15 with 5293 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 15:33 - Nov 15 by Johnny_Boy

My other half has been there a few times for work-related things. In her own words, her liver needed a good detoxing when she returned home.

I've not been myself. Closest I got was Memphis. If you get a chance to ever go there, do it.
I absolutely loved the place. Would have loved to have lived there, but employment options would have been extremely limited. Unless I started a new vocation of playing drums & played on the strip for the tourists @ all the amazing bars. Let's be honest. That isn't going to happen.

I've been 20 lots of family there. Thanksgiving is the most wonderful time of the year.
The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 15:41 - Nov 15 with 5291 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 15:26 - Nov 15 by PrideOfTheEast

Addison Lee will give you a fixed price I think. Uber will be something like £150 to your parents I reckon depending on time of day etc.

Care hire must be the way forward.

I don't plan to be able to drive post Borough market with friends. I were supposed to be catching up with MS and wife in Ipswich for a few hours as well before, heading north.
The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 16:10 - Nov 15 with 5231 viewsPrideOfTheEast

The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 15:41 - Nov 15 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I don't plan to be able to drive post Borough market with friends. I were supposed to be catching up with MS and wife in Ipswich for a few hours as well before, heading north.

Taxi it is then. Such a joke of a train line.
The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 16:15 - Nov 15 with 5223 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 16:10 - Nov 15 by PrideOfTheEast

Taxi it is then. Such a joke of a train line.

Ipswich companies used to do it for 100 one way back in the day. I guess I can find something under 150 from London
The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 16:31 - Nov 15 with 5194 viewsPrideOfTheEast

The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 16:15 - Nov 15 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Ipswich companies used to do it for 100 one way back in the day. I guess I can find something under 150 from London

Yeh I reckon central London to Ipswich would be £120 with a minicab service.
The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 16:37 - Nov 15 with 5182 viewsJohnny_Boy

The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 15:40 - Nov 15 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I've been 20 lots of family there. Thanksgiving is the most wonderful time of the year.

That is one thing I am going to miss. Might have to see if any American bars here in Berlin put on a massive spread for Thanksgiving. I could literally eat a whole turkey right now. And stuffing. And roast spuds.
The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 16:41 - Nov 15 with 5173 viewsitfc24

Ive been saying this for ages, been using that line for about 17 years now and apart from a few weeks in the summer there is constantly service alterations (replacement buses). I do not understand how the line can require so much maintenance compared to others in the country.

Totally unacceptable in my view but with one line in and one line out what can you do.
The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 19:33 - Nov 15 with 5063 viewsBasuco

Have you thought about taxi Ingatestone station then one hour train journey to Ipswich from there?
The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 20:35 - Nov 15 with 5004 viewssolemio

I think the line to Ipswich is the only one that might be as bad as Thameslink.
The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 20:45 - Nov 15 with 4987 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 19:33 - Nov 15 by Basuco

Have you thought about taxi Ingatestone station then one hour train journey to Ipswich from there?

Does not save that much time and when you spend GBP70 you may as well pay the rest back to Ips.
The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 20:48 - Nov 15 with 4973 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 16:37 - Nov 15 by Johnny_Boy

That is one thing I am going to miss. Might have to see if any American bars here in Berlin put on a massive spread for Thanksgiving. I could literally eat a whole turkey right now. And stuffing. And roast spuds.

I love Thanksgiving. It's like Christmas without having to give presents and sports all day.
The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 21:21 - Nov 15 with 4924 viewsJ2BLUE

The longest engineering works in the history of mankind on 20:48 - Nov 15 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I love Thanksgiving. It's like Christmas without having to give presents and sports all day.

I always book the Friday after Thanksgiving off. All night NFL then three days off. God bless America.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024