Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil in Animal Farm 15:42 - Nov 27 with 1861 viewsmonty_radio

This, said Squealer, was something called tactics. He repeated a number of times, "Tactics, comrades, tactics!" skipping round and whisking his tail with a merry laugh.

But the sheep merely bleated, "Napoleon is always right".

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Phil in Animal Farm on 16:22 - Nov 27 with 1822 viewsstickymockwell

Have I missed something?

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Phil in Animal Farm on 16:57 - Nov 27 with 1794 viewsblueislander

Phil in Animal Farm on 16:22 - Nov 27 by stickymockwell

Have I missed something?

I think this is a slightly clumsy attempt to suggest that Phil is not entirely objective in his reporting of Town's games. It is natural that local reporters see things from a different perspective to national jounalists. I know this from personal experience, as the local guys need to keep as much access to the club as possible. In an earlier thread I did question Phil's opinion that we were the better team in the first half on Saturday.
Phil in Animal Farm on 17:00 - Nov 27 with 1787 viewschicoazul

Pretty sure I just heard George spin in his grave.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Phil in Animal Farm on 17:06 - Nov 27 with 1783 viewsmonty_radio

Phil in Animal Farm on 16:57 - Nov 27 by blueislander

I think this is a slightly clumsy attempt to suggest that Phil is not entirely objective in his reporting of Town's games. It is natural that local reporters see things from a different perspective to national jounalists. I know this from personal experience, as the local guys need to keep as much access to the club as possible. In an earlier thread I did question Phil's opinion that we were the better team in the first half on Saturday.

By no means - Phil is much more fair and rounded that many a local hack!

No, you're a way off - in Mick's lunchtime interview Mick pre-empted Phil by saying he didn't want to hear about tactics. When Phil inched towards a selection question Mick repeated something about tactics, indicating we weren't going down that path in any discussion.

I disagree about Saturday. I thought we were the better of two very poor teams in the first half. Enough has been said on the second half.

Phil in Animal Farm on 17:16 - Nov 27 with 1766 viewsblueislander

Phil in Animal Farm on 17:06 - Nov 27 by monty_radio

By no means - Phil is much more fair and rounded that many a local hack!

No, you're a way off - in Mick's lunchtime interview Mick pre-empted Phil by saying he didn't want to hear about tactics. When Phil inched towards a selection question Mick repeated something about tactics, indicating we weren't going down that path in any discussion.

I disagree about Saturday. I thought we were the better of two very poor teams in the first half. Enough has been said on the second half.

Fair enough. I had not listened to the Press Conference. We will agree to differ on the first half. In my opinion Villa controlled the ball much better, created chances , and had shots on target. We had the disallowed " goal": a shot from Ward over the bar after Iorfa's charge down the wing, and a header over the bar from a set piece. Other than that we mainly hoofed it in the general direction of Garner and five feet above his head whilst he was being marked by a guy several inches taller. I would agree that Villa weren't very good either.
Phil in Animal Farm on 17:51 - Nov 27 with 1740 viewsmonty_radio

Phil in Animal Farm on 17:16 - Nov 27 by blueislander

Fair enough. I had not listened to the Press Conference. We will agree to differ on the first half. In my opinion Villa controlled the ball much better, created chances , and had shots on target. We had the disallowed " goal": a shot from Ward over the bar after Iorfa's charge down the wing, and a header over the bar from a set piece. Other than that we mainly hoofed it in the general direction of Garner and five feet above his head whilst he was being marked by a guy several inches taller. I would agree that Villa weren't very good either.

Certainly our actual use of our possession, in the first half, was as poor as you suggest. Yet, till they scored, we didn't seem to be out of it at all. For what its worth I'm guessing Phil's thoughts were not dissimilar up to that point. Mick certainly bigged Villa up beyond their deserving.

Phil in Animal Farm on 17:59 - Nov 27 with 1731 viewsvapour_trail

For one terrible moment I thought you meant the *other* animal farm! 🐎

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024