Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone remember that story about the homeless bloke.. 14:51 - Jan 3 with 2421 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Who helped the victims of the Manchester bombing?

52k was raised for him online. He was being interviewed as a hero.

Turned out he was actually robbing the victims at the scene. What is wrong with some people?

Edit - Here is the BBC link:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-42540738
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 14:53]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Anyone remember that story about the homeless bloke.. on 16:25 - Jan 3 with 2321 viewsgroovyASH

It also shows the blind ignorance some people have when using social media or appealing for crowd funding. You rarely get the entire picture but just accept things as fact without really thinking it through

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Anyone remember that story about the homeless bloke.. on 16:28 - Jan 3 with 2308 viewsDeano69

Hope he never got his hands on the money raised either.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Anyone remember that story about the homeless bloke.. on 16:30 - Jan 3 with 2300 viewsITFC1983

Anyone remember that story about the homeless bloke.. on 16:28 - Jan 3 by Deano69

Hope he never got his hands on the money raised either.

He didn't been confirmed that the money has never been withdrawn and is going to be refunded to those who donated.

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

Anyone remember that story about the homeless bloke.. on 16:33 - Jan 3 with 2288 viewsDeano69

Anyone remember that story about the homeless bloke.. on 16:30 - Jan 3 by ITFC1983

He didn't been confirmed that the money has never been withdrawn and is going to be refunded to those who donated.

Good show, or could offer to donate it to the main victims fund, would be nice.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Anyone remember that story about the homeless bloke.. on 17:13 - Jan 3 with 2224 viewsblue_oyster

Hopefully a sober reminder when virtue-signalling for the next online 'good cause'.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Anyone remember that story about the homeless bloke.. on 17:22 - Jan 3 with 2207 viewsHerbivore

Anyone remember that story about the homeless bloke.. on 16:25 - Jan 3 by groovyASH

It also shows the blind ignorance some people have when using social media or appealing for crowd funding. You rarely get the entire picture but just accept things as fact without really thinking it through

*cough* Fergal's moped *cough*

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone remember that story about the homeless bloke.. on 17:40 - Jan 3 with 2175 viewsjeera

What is wrong with some people?

Well, in this case the bloke was homeless and saw an opportunity.

Disgusting? Yep, probably, I don't like it anymore than you.

I'm not in his position but would suggest that is what is wrong with him.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone remember that story about the homeless bloke.. on 18:05 - Jan 3 with 2124 viewsuefacup81

I wonder if his mum is still as desperate to be back in his life as she was back when he was suddenly £50k better off?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone remember that story about the homeless bloke.. on 18:10 - Jan 3 with 2104 viewsBluedanW

Anyone remember that story about the homeless bloke.. on 18:05 - Jan 3 by uefacup81

I wonder if his mum is still as desperate to be back in his life as she was back when he was suddenly £50k better off?

Gutted. That close to £52,000 for the sake of stealing a child's purse.
Anyone remember that story about the homeless bloke.. on 18:18 - Jan 3 with 2074 viewsLankHenners

Anyone remember that story about the homeless bloke.. on 16:25 - Jan 3 by groovyASH

The case of the bullied kid in the US from a few weeks ago is a prime example - naive people on social media still falling for things based on a very limited view of the situation and throw money at it thinking they're doing their bit to help.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024