Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gym fiends... 14:53 - Mar 13 with 1610 viewsTIB

Not sure if you've had it but I changed up my gym routine last night and despite a two chicken breast and quinoa dinner and 6.5hrs of sleep, I feel absolutely shattered today, totally unusual after my normal Monday night gym session.

I've been focussing on set muscle groups on set days for a while...chest Monday, back Tuesday, legs Wednesday etc and its worked well in getting some shape and definition (despite my reluctance to drop beer and the weekly take away)...however I decided to change last night and try a new workout plan I found on Mens Fitness which focusses on using multiple muscle groups each session, but works on rotating between push and pull exercises and is strict in that you only have 30second intervals between sets so it almost acts as a cardio workout as well.

A personal trainer mate had said to look at changing my routine and I can see why now...giving your body a shock from the norm and attacking muscles from different angles...and it will be shocked later with some Bulgarian Split Squats ...maybe Boncho can help me.

Long story short, if your in the gym and doing the same routine / getting bored, change it up

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Gym fiends... on 15:09 - Mar 13 with 1568 viewsWarkTheWark

I was doing a similar muscle group workout but saw nothing in the way of change (partially down to my weekends of excess) so a keen gym fiend friend of mine gave me this one.

Now if i get to go 3 times a week i've hit everything through Push, Pull & Legs. Even though the changes are minimal so far, i come out of the session feeling a lot better about the hour or so spent doing it.

I'd recommend to casual gym goers as much as a i would regulars.
Gym fiends... on 15:23 - Mar 13 with 1547 viewsDarth_Koont

You should always change the workout (movements, range and intensity) after 3 or 4 weeks. Muscles become very efficient doing the same exercises and nothing really happens after a while.

Pronouns: He/Him

Gym fiends... on 15:53 - Mar 13 with 1509 viewsdirtyboy

Gym fiends... on 15:23 - Mar 13 by Darth_Koont

You should always change the workout (movements, range and intensity) after 3 or 4 weeks. Muscles become very efficient doing the same exercises and nothing really happens after a while.

I'd agree.

Also track how much you're lifting and volume....so you know you're improving.

I'm at my strongest....sadly, I ate too much to aid the muscle growth and have a huge amount of fat to shift too!
Gym fiends... on 15:55 - Mar 13 with 1502 viewsunbelievablue

Gym fiends... on 15:09 - Mar 13 by WarkTheWark

I was doing a similar muscle group workout but saw nothing in the way of change (partially down to my weekends of excess) so a keen gym fiend friend of mine gave me this one.

Now if i get to go 3 times a week i've hit everything through Push, Pull & Legs. Even though the changes are minimal so far, i come out of the session feeling a lot better about the hour or so spent doing it.

How does that work then?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Gym fiends... on 16:05 - Mar 13 with 1490 viewsTIB

Gym fiends... on 15:09 - Mar 13 by WarkTheWark

I definitely came away with a bigger sweat on last night than normal and obviously today the body is a bit shocked. Just had a shake to give the body a boost before Round 2 at 5:15pm...today is more leg based and on reading doesn't look as strenuous...sure I'll regret that statement.

Gym fiends... on 18:09 - Mar 13 with 1403 viewsRob88

My best advice for you would be to follow starting strength or strong lifts with some minor adaptations. Look to put 2.5 Kg on the bar every time you go to the gym for a compound lift and keep a record of what you are lifting so you don’t cheat yourself and be consistent!

Don’t waste your money on supplements of any kind.....yet.
Gym fiends... on 19:23 - Mar 13 with 1339 viewsTIB

Gym fiends... on 18:09 - Mar 13 by Rob88

My best advice for you would be to follow starting strength or strong lifts with some minor adaptations. Look to put 2.5 Kg on the bar every time you go to the gym for a compound lift and keep a record of what you are lifting so you don’t cheat yourself and be consistent!

Don’t waste your money on supplements of any kind.....yet.

To be fair, I’m not overly fussed about reaching dizzying lifting heights etc...I started going back to gym to trim up, get a little bit of size and shape...I also had it stuck in my head that I wanted to be able to lift my own body weight...now though it’s more about keeping that and just keeping somewhat fit and strong whilst slowly shifting the fat over this year.

I sent my PT mate a pic tonight when he asked what I was doing...I had 60kg of plates on bar whilst doing stiff leg deadlifts in reps of 15...he laughed and said that he hoped it was a warmup...to which I reminded him that his eyes which are presently disintegrating is down to him lifting absurd weights.

Gym fiends... on 19:28 - Mar 13 with 1332 viewsRob88

Gym fiends... on 19:23 - Mar 13 by TIB

To be fair, I’m not overly fussed about reaching dizzying lifting heights etc...I started going back to gym to trim up, get a little bit of size and shape...I also had it stuck in my head that I wanted to be able to lift my own body weight...now though it’s more about keeping that and just keeping somewhat fit and strong whilst slowly shifting the fat over this year.

I sent my PT mate a pic tonight when he asked what I was doing...I had 60kg of plates on bar whilst doing stiff leg deadlifts in reps of 15...he laughed and said that he hoped it was a warmup...to which I reminded him that his eyes which are presently disintegrating is down to him lifting absurd weights.

Fair

I do the same now as I haven’t got the time, dedication or inclination anymore to what I did before.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024