Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 23:47 - Mar 14 with 7706 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Wow! My first day of the three I am here and that roar when Samro hit the front was everything I wanted it to be. He came up to the leaders on the snaff and duly kicked away up the hill to the joyous cheers of the crowd. Brilliant! Altior then went one better by flying up the hill to win the Champion Chase in amazing style and prove himself as one of the best horses in modern times. If he stays sound, he will be back to defend his crown next year and it will take a good one to beat him. I don’t care what anyone says — Footpad wouldn’t get within 12 lengths of Altior. The latter is a completely different league. As a side note, it was a shame to see Douvan fall but he was looking like his old self before that tumble and will be back to fight another day. Asides from the two shorties, an each way returns from The Organist helped things. The main two winning sets up Apples Shakira in the triumph for a big win if she can do the business for my antepost trixies.

1:30 — JLT Novices Chase
Invitation Only battled hard on the run in last time in the Flogas Chase and that will stand him in good stead for this. It isn’t the classiest of renewals but it will take a batten-hardened horse to win. That isn’t a trait that can be given to Modus who so often travels up brilliantly before fading when pressured. Benatar beat FINIAN’S OSCAR (8/1 e/w) this season but I would hope the latter reverses form here. He doesn’t have to give weight away this time and has had a wind-op. The progress is reportedly clear cut and, if getting back to his best, is surely worth an each way play at 8/1. Terrefort apparently shows Nicky Henderson nothing at home but looked good last time and deserves a crack at this whilst Shattered Love is being backed to start off St Patricks Thursday with a winner for the Irish.

2:10 - Pertempts Network Final
Sort It Out is the big gamble of the race in the JP McManus colours which is interesting for a relatively exposed sort who placed in this back in 2015. Thomas Cambell has run well previously but would need a big run to defy top weight. Whataknight may relish the stiff finish as he is very one paced but stays strongly and will go off around 40/1. Connetable is one of many who won’t like the ground which can’t be said for Dell’ Arca who will stay for sure. Lovenormoney has each way claims if the rain comes overnight. The selection instead goes for LOUIS’ VAC POUCH (9/1) who tore apart a decent field last time and looks to be getting better.

2:50 — Ryanair Chase
Douvan would run here less than 24 hours after falling in the Champion Chase so surely doesn’t start here. Cloudy Dream is consistent but his attitude isn’t great in a fight which is problematic for this. Balko Des Flos fell last year and has been well touted by the Irish in the Preview nights over the last few weeks but he needs to improve to beat Cue Card and UN DE SCEAUX (11/10). The former is a crowd favourite who rolled back the years when second in the Ascot Chase behind Waiting Patiently whilst the latter oozes class. He won this last year after setting a lightning gallop and a repeat of that performance would surely win. Frodon loves this track and trip and won a handicap doing cartwheels last time but this is far tougher. Sub Lieutenant was good enough for second last year but hasn’t shown anywhere near enough to reverse the form with Un De Sceaux.

3:30 — Stayers Hurdle
Sam Spinner won the Long Walk impressively last time but reminds me of Uknowhatimeanharry last year — everything is falling right for him. On the biggest occasion of them all last season, ‘Harry’ was beaten on the day but ran respectably. I think the same will happen here. He beat L’AMI SERGE (8/1 e/w) at Ascot but the latter did everything except go on to in the race when asked to by Daryl Jacob. Even if form isn’t reversed, L’ami should place based on the form shown. He loves Cheltenham and has run well on all three festival runs. I couldn’t resist a small win bet on YANWORTH (6/1) as this is his optimum trip and discipline so should see him at his best. He’s the best naturally gifted horse in the lineup and should go well. Supasundae has been running over 2m which is hardly glowing form, albeit in a win over Faugheen, for a stayers race on soft ground. I don’t think he will stay the trip out up the Cheltenham hill.

4:10 — Brown Advisory Plate
You’ll do well to pull the winner out here. Movewiththetimes was touted for better than this a while back but drops into handicap company. King’s Socks has been strongly backed and his yard have a very nice record in this. TULLY EAST (11/1) won the novice event last year which makes him a danger and I hope he comes back to his best — Altioresque. Traffic Fluede has lost his way and will surely be retired at the end of the season.

4:50 - Mares Novices Hurdle
Two wins in Ireland and suddenly Laurina is odds on. Foe me, the Mullins hotpot could even be a lay for me if she touches 8/13. That is a crazy price for a youngster who has won nothing but a pair of egg and spoon races. Salsaretta may need the run but has a big reputation and has place claims. MARIAS BENEFIT (7/1) always runs her race and is as honest as they come. She will keep battling away off the front and try to repel all challengers. I think she may just be able to do so.

5:30 — Kim Muir Handicap Chase
This handicap for amateur riders can often bring about drama and expect no different in this renewal. MALL DINI (9/2) won the 2016 Pertempts and has improved again over fences. Whilst I hate backing short priced horses at the Festival in the tough handicaps, his consistency in big fields makes him the smart bet on the race. Double Ross is classy on his day but is probably past his best whilst the ground has turned into a slog which will suit Final Nudge. He is a big danger to the favourite as is Squateaur who will win oe of these big handicaps eventually. He gets backed for these races consistently but struggles to get the win. As a result, his mark may be a tad too high. Band of Blood has looked progressive this season and is in search of a hat-trick.

Bets:
1:30 — Finian’s Oscar each way @ 10/1
2:10 — Louis’ Vac Pouch @ 9/1
2:50 — Un De Sceaux (NAP) @ 11/10
3:30 — L’ami Serge each way @ 12/1 & Yanworth @ 6/1
4:10 — Tully East @ 11/1
4:50 — Maria’s Benefit @ 7/1
5:30 — Mall Dini @ 9/2

Edit - I have just remember I have two free bets from many months ago on Uknowhatimeanharry for the Stayers (3:30) at 7/1. Has a chance but I prefer others in the race now.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 9:57]

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 01:11 - Mar 15 with 5612 viewsIllinoisblue

how much are you up/down rommers?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 07:13 - Mar 15 with 5514 viewsimsureazzure

Are you surprised to see L’AMI SERGE DRIFTING TO 12-1 Especially as it acts on the heavy-soft going?
Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 07:15 - Mar 15 with 5516 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Day 1 - Up £100-£200

Day 2 - About level - possibly a small loss

The two winners on day 2 were the ones I wanted to win so my return on Friday now would be huge if I can get a winner in a few antepost multiples.

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 07:32 - Mar 15 with 5488 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 07:13 - Mar 15 by imsureazzure

Are you surprised to see L’AMI SERGE DRIFTING TO 12-1 Especially as it acts on the heavy-soft going?

He’s been 12s for a while

I’m not sure about him winning, but he’s a solid each way bet. Hopefully he gets a cracker of a ride.

Must go, my breakfast in bed (full English) has just arrived at me room

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 07:45 - Mar 15 with 5470 viewsColchesterBlue1985

1:30 terrefort win 7/2 and a small ew punt on West approach 40/1
2:10 Louis van pouch
2:50 UDS
3:30 sam spinner win 4/1 and a small ew punt on donnas diamond 50/1
4/10 the last goodbye 11/1 & guitar pete 20/1
4:50 Maria’s benefit 5/1
5:30 millanisi boy 25/1 West wizard 100/1

Think today is the hardest day by a mile and so gone for a couple that I think are likely to outrun their odds.
Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 07:46 - Mar 15 with 5470 viewsimsureazzure

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 07:32 - Mar 15 by The_Romford_Blue

I’m not sure about him winning, but he’s a solid each way bet. Hopefully he gets a cracker of a ride.

Cheers, enjoy the brekkers.
Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 08:02 - Mar 15 with 5449 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 07:45 - Mar 15 by ColchesterBlue1985

1:30 terrefort win 7/2 and a small ew punt on West approach 40/1
2:10 Louis van pouch
2:50 UDS
3:30 sam spinner win 4/1 and a small ew punt on donnas diamond 50/1
4/10 the last goodbye 11/1 & guitar pete 20/1
4:50 Maria’s benefit 5/1
5:30 millanisi boy 25/1 West wizard 100/1

Think today is the hardest day by a mile and so gone for a couple that I think are likely to outrun their odds.

Breakfast was lovely

Agree about today being the hardest. Yesterday and tomorrow we’re always going to be my biggest punting Days.

I’ve got a decent bet on at 6/4 last week on UDS and I got stuck in to the 11/10 last night. UDS winning would make it a good day an he’s my biggest bet of the 7 races by a mile. I expected odds on for him.

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 08:04 - Mar 15 with 5441 viewsbahri

On the snaff !
Are you Matt Chapman in disguise?

redandella

Login to get fewer ads

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 08:07 - Mar 15 with 5436 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 08:04 - Mar 15 by bahri

On the snaff !
Are you Matt Chapman in disguise?

Mate it was exactly as I’ve dreamed it would be.

On the question ‘what’s the one thing you want to see happen at the festival?’, my response was always ‘for Samcro to loom up alongside them on the snaff and the course commentator shouts it only for 75,000 people to scream with excitement’.

Bloody brilliant. On the snaff, on the bridle - same thing ;)

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 08:38 - Mar 15 with 5403 viewsbahri

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 08:07 - Mar 15 by The_Romford_Blue

Mate it was exactly as I’ve dreamed it would be.

On the question ‘what’s the one thing you want to see happen at the festival?’, my response was always ‘for Samcro to loom up alongside them on the snaff and the course commentator shouts it only for 75,000 people to scream with excitement’.

Bloody brilliant. On the snaff, on the bridle - same thing ;)

Excellent!
Being there is a great experience....and Gold Cup day is something else.
You wouldn't want Chapman's C.V.

redandella

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 09:43 - Mar 15 with 5298 viewsJ2BLUE

13:30 - Refund triggered if Terrefort is beaten
14:10 - Free bet on Glencoe to place (4)
15:30 - Free bet Sam Spinner to win

Free bet double/trebles:

Invitation Only to place (3)
Un De Sceaux to win
Sam Spinner to place (5)

Finians Oscar to place (3)
Sam Spinner to place (5)

Terrefort to place (3)
Un De Sceaux to win
Barcardys to place (5)

GL all
[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 11:15]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 10:05 - Mar 15 with 5263 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 07:32 - Mar 15 by The_Romford_Blue

Onion rings ?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 10:11 - Mar 15 with 5252 viewsStenvict

I'm putting my life savings on Frodon in the 2.50

Poll: What will be announced first?

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 10:23 - Mar 15 with 5244 viewsJ2BLUE

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 10:11 - Mar 15 by Stenvict

I'm putting my life savings on Frodon in the 2.50

If it's as good as your usual tips I wouldn't bother.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 10:48 - Mar 15 with 5186 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

13.30 Terrafort
14.10 LVP
15.30 Yanworth
16.10 The Storyteller
E/w acca

14.50 UDS + Cue Card
16.50 Marias Benefit
17.30 Missed Approach

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 11:13 - Mar 15 with 5150 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 10:05 - Mar 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

Onion rings ?

Not today

Maybe tomorrow ;)

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 11:44 - Mar 15 with 5114 viewsStenvict

1.30 - Shattered Love
2.10 - Sort It Out
2.50 - Frodon
3.30 - Yanworth
4.10 - Guitar Pete & Kings Odyssey (reverse fc)
4.50 - Angels Antics w/o Laurina
5.30 - Squouateur

Poll: What will be announced first?

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 13:26 - Mar 15 with 4989 viewsRyorry

1.30 FINIANS OSCAR 15/2
2.10 THOMAS CAMPBELL 25/1//SYKES 28/1 (both enhanced pl (5) b365
2.50 FRODON 1pt w 10/1 (freebet)
3.30 SUPASUNDAE 7/1//YANWORTH 11/2 (both enhanced pl (4) b365

4.50 CAP SOLEIL 10/1

All 0.5pt e/w b365

PLUS E/W Yankee
Time of bet: 15/03/2018 13:11:05
No. Selections Event Event Date E/W Terms Odds Result
1 Finian's Oscar
1.30 Cheltenham (Race 1)
(Win and Each Way)
3 Places
1/4 Odds
13/2

2 Thomas Campbell
2.10 Cheltenham (Race 2)
(Win and Each Way)
15/03/2018 5 Places
1/4 Odds
25/1

3 Supasundae
3.30 Cheltenham (Race 4)
(Enhanced Place)
15/03/2018 4 Places
1/4 Odds
7/1

4 Cap Soleil
4.50 Cheltenham (Race 6)
(Win and Each Way)
15/03/2018 3 Places
1/4 Odds
10/1

Multiples
Bet Type No.of Bets Unit Stake Total Stake
E/W Yankee 11 0.10 2.20

4.10 + maybe 5.30 selections/ in about an hour

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 13:38 - Mar 15 with 4965 viewsITFC1983

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 11:44 - Mar 15 by Stenvict

1.30 - Shattered Love
2.10 - Sort It Out
2.50 - Frodon
3.30 - Yanworth
5.30 - Squouateur

Good start Stenvict!

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 13:48 - Mar 15 with 4936 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 11:44 - Mar 15 by Stenvict

1.30 - Shattered Love
2.10 - Sort It Out
2.50 - Frodon
3.30 - Yanworth
5.30 - Squouateur

Good stuff stenvict
Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 13:50 - Mar 15 with 4934 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 13:26 - Mar 15 by Ryorry

1.30 FINIANS OSCAR 15/2
2.10 THOMAS CAMPBELL 25/1//SYKES 28/1 (both enhanced pl (5) b365
2.50 FRODON 1pt w 10/1 (freebet)
3.30 SUPASUNDAE 7/1//YANWORTH 11/2 (both enhanced pl (4) b365

4.50 CAP SOLEIL 10/1

All 0.5pt e/w b365

PLUS E/W Yankee
Time of bet: 15/03/2018 13:11:05
No. Selections Event Event Date E/W Terms Odds Result
1 Finian's Oscar
1.30 Cheltenham (Race 1)
(Win and Each Way)
3 Places
1/4 Odds
13/2

2 Thomas Campbell
2.10 Cheltenham (Race 2)
(Win and Each Way)
15/03/2018 5 Places
1/4 Odds
25/1

3 Supasundae
3.30 Cheltenham (Race 4)
(Enhanced Place)
15/03/2018 4 Places
1/4 Odds
7/1

4 Cap Soleil
4.50 Cheltenham (Race 6)
(Win and Each Way)
15/03/2018 3 Places
1/4 Odds
10/1

Multiples
Bet Type No.of Bets Unit Stake Total Stake
E/W Yankee 11 0.10 2.20

4.10 + maybe 5.30 selections/ in about an hour

I went to lay Supasundae this morning at 7/2. But I saw he’d already drifted

I can’t see him outstaying them all up the hill on this ground

Good luck all

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 13:53 - Mar 15 with 4919 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

1.30 - Shattered Love
2.10 - Sort It Out
2.50 - Frodon
3.30 - Yanworth
5.30 - Squouateur

Well in bud

I’ve done £20 and £30 on my 6 horse’s other than UDS at 6/4 last week and went in again yesterday. Got stuck in to him for a big win.

Would love to see him soar the last

As a side note, I watched that race from the last fence. Stunning the way the horses attack the last and the speed they go at it. Shattered love looked a beauty in the parade ring beforehand. Deservedly won best turned out too.

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 14:06 - Mar 15 with 4900 viewsRyorry

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 13:53 - Mar 15 by The_Romford_Blue

Well in bud

I’ve done £20 and £30 on my 6 horse’s other than UDS at 6/4 last week and went in again yesterday. Got stuck in to him for a big win.

Would love to see him soar the last

As a side note, I watched that race from the last fence. Stunning the way the horses attack the last and the speed they go at it. Shattered love looked a beauty in the parade ring beforehand. Deservedly won best turned out too.

There's nothing better in jumps racing than actually standing next to one of the fences (other side of rail of course!) and watching them soar over it - the speed, the colour, the noise, the smell - no TV ever replicates that. Surprised but delighted Chelts allows you to do it - too many courses these days won't let you near - h & s, doh

Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 15:01 - Mar 15 with 4831 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Didn’t see that coming!!!

Speechless how UDS didn’t go on and win that.
Romford's racing preview - Cheltenham festival - Day 3 on 15:07 - Mar 15 with 4817 viewsRyorry

4.10 Chelts
GUITAR PETE 16/1
0.5pt e/w (5 places) b365

Horrendous race to pick for, not exactly confident! Mostly to have an interest in the race really.

Might still be back with a sel for the 5.30

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024