Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top police work here 13:40 - Apr 24 with 1634 viewsSteve_M

Still, at least he wasn't in the US as they would probably have shot him.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/apr/24/police-arrested-bristol-councill

FFS.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Top police work here on 13:46 - Apr 24 with 1586 viewsgiant_stow

Were they taking the f'king piss?

lummy.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Top police work here on 13:53 - Apr 24 with 1574 viewsJoeSoap

Supt Andy Bennett said: “Officers acted in good faith in arresting Cllr Shah at Trinity Road police station after another man who was in the station reporting an offence visually identified him as one of the people involved. This identification was later found to be incorrect and Cllr Shah was released without having been taken to a custody unit".

So he was identified, albeit incorrectly, by a victim of crime as the offender. I'm not sure what you are expecting the police to do in that situation?

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

Top police work here on 14:05 - Apr 24 with 1537 viewsGuthrum

Top police work here on 13:53 - Apr 24 by JoeSoap

Supt Andy Bennett said: “Officers acted in good faith in arresting Cllr Shah at Trinity Road police station after another man who was in the station reporting an offence visually identified him as one of the people involved. This identification was later found to be incorrect and Cllr Shah was released without having been taken to a custody unit".

So he was identified, albeit incorrectly, by a victim of crime as the offender. I'm not sure what you are expecting the police to do in that situation?

They might have thought it a little odd that the perpetrator of an assault may wander into a police station.

Mind you, with shortage of numbers it's likely to have been a case of "detain now and investigate when we can", if they couldn't spare anyone to chase up his identity and verify the alibi.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Top police work here on 14:29 - Apr 24 with 1493 viewsSwansea_Blue

In fairness, he does look suspiciously surly.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Top police work here on 14:29 - Apr 24 with 1501 viewsshoopdelang

Top police work here on 13:53 - Apr 24 by JoeSoap

“ he doubts white colleagues would have been treated the same way. “

Well it could easily of happened to someone of another ethnicity. It’s just in the case the suspect happened to be Asian.
Top police work here on 14:41 - Apr 24 with 1477 viewsBlueBadger

Top police work here on 14:29 - Apr 24 by Swansea_Blue

In fairness, he does look suspiciously surly.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Top police work here on 16:14 - Apr 24 with 1406 viewsPendejo

Top police work here on 14:29 - Apr 24 by shoopdelang

“ he doubts white colleagues would have been treated the same way. “

Well it could easily of happened to someone of another ethnicity. It’s just in the case the suspect happened to be Asian.

Having read JoeSoap's post and more specifically the quote; "visually identified by a witness" > I think it matters not what the colour is, they have to act on the information to hand at the time... it's not like he was charged or convicted is it?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024